Sponsored

Car Fix on Velocity TV (season 8 episode 5: GT350R)

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw this show. Anyone else?

Street Legal Track Car
Car Fix episode (season 8, episode 5)
Description
Jared and Lou explain the difference in a street legal track car and a regular car by using a 2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R and 2 performance engines; the guys also upgrade the Shelby's exhaust and suspension.
IMO, the best part was when they dissembled a new Vodoo engine with a new Coyote engine and compared the differences. I had never seen both cranks side by side.

Cool stuff about the Vodoo intake stacks (with flapper valves) among other stuff including replacing the entire exhaust system with some suspension modifications on the GT350R. Well worth a watch.

It's on Amazon Prime, and I can't find it on YouTube.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Thanks for the heads up. I love those two dudes, they are cool and not annoying to watch/listen to while they wrench.

Gonna look for it on Prime.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
IIRC it was a GT350, not an R. I was surprised that Ford gave them a Voodoo to tear down, but it was cool to see. And no presence from Ford, just the two of them tearing the engines down and speculating about this and that.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
IIRC it was a GT350, not an R. I was surprised that Ford gave them a Voodoo to tear down, but it was cool to see...
I didn't catch that it wasn't an R when I was watching it on a DVR late at night. I did save it so I could watch it again. The above was a copy and paste from the show's description on their website. They thought it was an R, also.

The two engine tear down with good video was a great idea. A+ Awesome engine (both of them).

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Watching it now - more like a couple of morons dicking around with cars - but some entertainment value.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a video on YouTube with a guy's tech? I haven't found one yet.

I remember seeing one on MM&FF (the magazine) site once, but I can't find it now.

I'd pay $25 to see the tech on re-assembling the same engine that Car Fix worked on (with more detail).

I'd also pay to see a video on "How cars are Made" on the GT350 or even the Mustang. It's also a Velocity show which is narrated while the car goes down the production line.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
NICE, thanks for posting this. I love Santiago. Zimmerman sounds like he's going through puberty and his voice is changing. LOL

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
The reason for the up-down-up-down flatplane design is because of the manifold which only has one filter and feeds both sides of the engine, whereas a Ferrari with its up-down-down-up is because it has two separate manifolds and the engine acts like two inline fours that just share a crank.

Not hard info to find, wish the tv show would’ve found the correct info instead no of just assuming that “it was because Ford wanted it to sound like a mustang.”

It also doesn’t sound like any mustang that’s ever come before it, so that statement makes no sense.

Sponsored

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
Same here, curiosity got the best of me. I will watch it this week and see how it is.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
NICE, thanks for posting this. I love Santiago. Zimmerman sounds like he's going through puberty and his voice is changing. LOL
Jared Zimmerman‏ is sporting his new hipster beard and about 40 more pounds. :like:

I watched the new show (DVR last weekend). It was awful. They had some old 1990's car and spent the entire show making 3 brackets while explaining that some aftermarket parts don't fit well. No kidding?

Their first show was called MuscleCar (Spike TV). Lou Santiago is a former U.S. Navy Seabee.

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Watched the episode. It was interesting simply because of the Voodoo. But IMO the show in general kinda sucks. I wish they would have continued to tear down the engine. oh well.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Wasn’t an R that I could tell. Good episode tho and I like those maganflow mufflers/tips.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You guys are killing me! I love Car Fix!

So - those that think they are idiots, please name for me something else I can watch where people work on cars and you think they are super smart. I could say maybe Bad Obsession Motorsports, but other than that I'm not aware of much.

Or even just name me any TV / internet show where the hosts / writing is intellectually superior.
Sponsored