One Piece After Market Driveshaft

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have the DSS 800 hp 1/2 shafts, love them, but I've read a lot of bad things about their '18 driveshafts, so I am already taking them out of consideration. Thanks for the reply!
I went with their 1400 axles too. Part of why wanting to add the DS to help offset that weight increase ( going on at the same time). Agreed saw a ton of NVH complaints and failures in general with their DS. Though it was their aluminum one didn't see much at all on their chromoly version.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I went with their 1400 axles too. Part of why wanting to add the DS to help offset that weight increase ( going on at the same time). Agreed saw a ton of NVH complaints and failures in general with their DS. Though it was their aluminum one didn't see much at all on their chromoly version.
The only info I've been able to find on their chromemoly one's is that they are almost as heavy as the OEM 2 piece...which for me negates the reason to do this mod in the first place. I am also gonna be doing this to offset the extra weight I added by swapping to the DSS 1/2 shafts...but I sit on Nitto 05R's so keeping the stock 1/2 shafts just wasn't a good idea for me. I actually did all that last year, with RTR Tech 7 wheels. Hook n book now...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The only info I've been able to find on their chromemoly one's is that they are almost as heavy as the OEM 2 piece...which for me negates the reason to do this mod in the first place. I am also gonna be doing this to offset the extra weight I added by swapping to the DSS 1/2 shafts...but I sit on Nitto 05R's so keeping the stock 1/2 shafts just wasn't a good idea for me. I actually did all that last year, with RTR Tech 7 wheels. Hook n book now...
Yup reason I got the half shafts so could swap out my Nitto 555 G2 in the rear for the 555R with the hope of being able to hook now while NA on ff and when possibly going FI. Just bummed bout having to drop from 315 down to 305 but those seem to have the best combo of traction and non lethal in the rain lol.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Go to Forced Induction,2018GT,A10,Whipple Build by HRSEPLA and you can see information and pictures on The DSS Chromoly DriveShaft.He has been low 1.5 sixty foot times with 0 problems.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Yup reason I got the half shafts so could swap out my Nitto 555 G2 in the rear for the 555R with the hope of being able to hook now while NA on ff and when possibly going FI. Just bummed bout having to drop from 315 down to 305 but those seem to have the best combo of traction and non lethal in the rain lol.
Mine are 305's. 490 wheel hp, and they hook like crazy on the street. I haven't been back to the track with my dr's on the car yet. I also have a few Steeda suspension pieces done too. And just finished the Eradispeed+ front/rear rotor swap today (it finally quit raining here). A 1 piece DS is the last piece of the puzzle for me, I'm happy with a low 11 second car for now.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Go to Forced Induction,2018GT,A10,Whipple Build by HRSEPLA and you can see information and pictures on The DSS Chromoly DriveShaft.He has been low 1.5 sixty foot times with 0 problems.
I'll check em out, thanks for the tip.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Mine are 305's. 490 wheel hp, and they hook like crazy on the street. I haven't been back to the track with my dr's on the car yet. I also have a few Steeda suspension pieces done too. And just finished the Eradispeed+ front/rear rotor swap today (it finally quit raining here). A 1 piece DS is the last piece of the puzzle for me, I'm happy with a low 11 second car for now.
Any chance your Eradispeed rotors are behind black wheels? I've been considering swapping out the Brembo rotors for the weight savings and performance of the Eradispeed but worried bout the color being too light behind a split spoke black wheel.

I believe I looked at the NT05R as an option since they came in 315 but apparently they are certain death if caught in the rain lol and this is a daily.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Any chance your Eradispeed rotors are behind black wheels? I've been considering swapping out the Brembo rotors for the weight savings and performance of the Eradispeed but worried bout the color being too light behind a split spoke black wheel.

I believe I looked at the NT05R as an option since they came in 315 but apparently they are certain death if caught in the rain lol and this is a daily.
Yep, great guess. I run RTR Tech 7's front and rear, with Nitto 05R's that are 305 width and the stock 255 width Pirelli P Zero's up front. I think the combo looks killer.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1

Here's a pic of mine, this is the left front wheel and it's dirty...

upload_2019-5-7_4-12-36.png

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yep, great guess. I run RTR Tech 7's front and rear, with Nitto 05R's that are 305 width and the stock 255 width Pirelli P Zero's up front. I think the combo looks killer.
Great thanks. Kinda have a dark theme going on and was hoping they wouldnot be too light of an accent.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Here's a pic of mine, this is the left front wheel and it's dirty...

upload_2019-5-7_4-12-36.png
Thanks for that. Definitely don't appear as light of a color as their site depicts by themselves.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Great thanks. Kinda have a dark theme going on and was hoping they wouldnot be too light of an accent.
No problem. I just finished the FP Track suspension (with "Y" lowering springs) last week, and the rotors this week, I've yet to get any whole car pics of the new set up, its something I'm gonna try to do today if it doesn't decide to rain once again here. So I'll share the pics once I get em.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
No problem. I just finished the FP Track suspension (with "Y" lowering springs) last week, and the rotors this week, I've yet to get any whole car pics of the new set up, its something I'm gonna try to do today if it doesn't decide to rain once again here. So I'll share the pics once I get em.
Appreciated!

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Had my Shaftmasters DS installed today. No vibrations and got it up over 100 on the way home once. They did send the wrong bolts for the front and my mechanic had to source new ones locally. I plan on calling Shaftmasters tomorrow and have them send me some for spare. Car runs a lot snappier IMO. Very pleased with the performance.

MKMotorsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Convertible
What kind of performance gains do you see with this aluminum ShaftMaster? Seems like an easy bolt on modification that I haven’t thought about.

Not sure theyre really "performance gains" but here's what I noticed/why I did it.

1. Feels much more "direct". Hard to describe but for instance when downshifting and accelerating the power/acceleration is now instantaneous. There was a small delay with the 2 piece driveshaft. It's not noticeable until after you feel the one piece lol then you will see what I mean. It's definitely a good thing.
2. Less rotational weight so theoretically less stress on the trans and less power lost to drivetrain loss.
3. Stronger and wont break under added power, especially for track use.
^^These, the car accelerates and pulls through revs a bit more freely, effortlessly.

I believe they are 9 or 10 pounds lighter. Doesn't sound like alot but rotational weight is supposed to be worth alot more than regular weight.
The rotating weight reduction is worth exponentially more than static weight reduction. I was able to measure .15-.2 sec ET reduction and maybe 3ish mph gain (I tested before and after, all other things the same- but NOT on the same night- so DA's different, track prep, etc...)
Sponsored