Sort of disappointed with the digital dash

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Gotta love people bashing other people for their choice in options. Like how insecure are some of you? lol @ people who think not having some creature comforts in their car somehow makes them better.
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Gotta love people bashing other people for their choice in options. Like how insecure are some of you? lol @ people who think not having some creature comforts in their car somehow makes them better.
Who's bashing? If they have cash to throw around, good for them. Buy all the things I say. Might want to back off on the coffee is wee bit. Have a good day! :like:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Who's bashing? If they have cash to throw around, good for them. Buy all the things I say. Might want to back off on the coffee is wee bit. Have a good day! :like:
Might want to edit your words then as it definitely came off as sarcastic. Hard to tell on the internet obviously.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
One of the best things about Mustangs is the huge variety of options and the extensive aftermarket. It allows each of us to personalize our cars the way we want them and the way we can afford them. What is of critical importance to one person may be totally worthless to someone else. Nothing wrong with that....

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Wow! Paid $2k for a heated steering wheel? Here in WI, they sell gloves for like $10. I use Blue Mechanix gloves that match my car when the wheel is cold enough which for me is rare because I don't drive it once snow is on the ground. Congrats on being wealthy! :wink:
Yea... but then you’re a dude using driving gloves... so... yea.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I didn't call anyone out specifically for a reason. It's pretty common on these forums to see people knocking heated seats/wheel, navigation, digital dashes, some other option they deem as worthless, etc. It's dumb. These are neat toys and options some people will care about and others won't. Some of us daily drive in the snow and some garage for the winter. We got different needs.

There's no point in even being sarcastic about it, it's just a bad look when you're talking about a car as infinitely customizable as Mustangs are, which most people do simply because they want to. And that should be a good enough reason for anyone except your wife. :p And like I said I wasn't directing anything to you, I just wanted to call out this stupid thing people do for no good reason here. I honestly did not experience "option shaming" ever in the last two car brand forums I was a part of so this seems really weird.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Wow! Paid $2k for a heated steering wheel? Here in WI, they sell gloves for like $10. I use Blue Mechanix gloves that match my car when the wheel is cold enough which for me is rare because I don't drive it once snow is on the ground. Congrats on being wealthy!
Thanks, I do enjoy being wealthy! And actually the 201A package was cheaper in Canada than in the US when I bought the car. In fact, the car overall was cheaper than a similarly equipped US car. I also enjoyed driving my car with the top down on January 4 here, when it was about 7C/45F, with a warm wheel. To each his own. I suppose I could comment that I didn't buy my car to store it for the winter, but that might come across as being catty.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I think the digital dash is the coolest thing on the whole car. Mine is an Ecoboost convertible. I'm in Florida, so I really didn't want black seats, but the digital dash is part of a $2000 package that includes the upgraded upholstery, which, of course, is only available in black. But I loved the dash so much I'll put up with the black seats. Besides, the black looks great against the orange paint.
Hey Big, how does the digital dash hold up, visibility wise, on a bright sunny day with the top down? I've got a 2016 GT convertible, which I love, and obviously has the standard gauges. The center info display will wash out completely and be totally unreadable with the top down and the sun in the right position. It's not a problem most of the time but there are those moments. I've been curious if the new digital dash has that problem on the convertibles.

Thanks!

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Hey Big, how does the digital dash hold up, visibility wise, on a bright sunny day with the top down? I've got a 2016 GT convertible, which I love, and obviously has the standard gauges. The center info display will wash out completely and be totally unreadable with the top down and the sun in the right position. It's not a problem most of the time but there are those moments. I've been curious if the new digital dash has that problem on the convertibles.

Thanks!
I haven't had any issue with mine and I drive home from the office with the sun nearly directly behind me.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I have a 2019 Bullitt and I am trying to figure out how to get the mini gauges in the center of the digital display. I can’t seem to find the option as all I get is not the graphic visual but the text. I would like to see coolant temp, oil temp and battery if I can. Is there a way to get this to work?

Thx

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I have a 2019 Bullitt and I am trying to figure out how to get the mini gauges in the center of the digital display. I can’t seem to find the option as all I get is not the graphic visual but the text. I would like to see coolant temp, oil temp and battery if I can. Is there a way to get this to work?

Thx

Press the mustang button on the steering wheel. Go down to gauges and then configure gauges. From there select the three you want to see and you should be good to go.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
2D6AC744-A50B-49A1-B591-9906515A4483.jpeg

Thx
should be easy, go into the settings for gauges and select the mini gauges you want, select “display” gauges after that. I have diff, transmission and engine head temps displayed. Now it might not have the options you want but there are 6-8 different options,

BTW for the thread I really like the digital display. I dont make many changes to it and I prefer the classic look with my custom mini gages displayed. The display itself is quality, you can tell good screen quality if you wear polarized lenses, they make cheap screens wash out. I like that I can change the colors and move things around if I want but ultimately I think when you get it set the way you like it then you wont change it much after that, I moved from Colorado to NC, so wont use the heated steering much and probably wouldnt have anyway, feel like Im holding a warm cup of pee. But I like most of and use most of the features of the 401A. To each their own, I think we are lucky to have all these options. I dont care what other folks do or get and Im not saying that to be a dick, im just not worried about other folks.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
2D6AC744-A50B-49A1-B591-9906515A4483.jpeg

should be easy, go into the settings for gauges and select the mini gauges you want, select “display” gauges after that. I have diff, transmission and engine head temps displayed. Now it might not have the options you want but there are 6-8 different options,

BTW for the thread I really like the digital display. I dont make many changes to it and I prefer the classic look with my custom mini gages displayed. The display itself is quality, you can tell good screen quality if you wear polarized lenses, they make cheap screens wash out. I like that I can change the colors and move things around if I want but ultimately I think when you get it set the way you like it then you wont change it much after that, I moved from Colorado to NC, so wont use the heated steering much and probably wouldnt have anyway, feel like Im holding a warm cup of pee. But I like most of and use most of the features of the 401A. To each their own, I think we are lucky to have all these options. I dont care what other folks do or get and Im not saying that to be a dick, im just not worried about other folks.
I am sort of a gadget guy but the dash is really nice!! I wish there was an oil temp gauge, but there isn’t on the 2019 digital dash.
Sponsored