2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
But every time I think about seriously getting one, I remember that there's no manual stick shift option and my excitement fades again. So I will definitely not be a first year buyer like I was for the GT350. Fingers crossed for a manual option in the future.
I don't see it unless it is a number of years down the road. Ford and Tremec have an understanding for the new DCT and it was no doubt impacted by volume, which is already a fairly low number of units. If, for example, a manual was introduced (along with it's respective hardware and development costs) and volume was ~50% of GT500 production, the price of the DCT goes up substantially - ensuring a premium charge for a very low volume manual as well.

Ford has stuck with one transmission offering on their top dog Mustang for decades now. I don't see that changing. And the fact that they are publicly saying that if you want a manual transmission to simply purchase a GT350 instead....rather telling.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I don't see it unless it is a number of years down the road. Ford and Tremec have an understanding for the new DCT and it was no doubt impacted by volume, which is already a fairly low number of units. If, for example, a manual was introduced (along with it's respective hardware and development costs) and volume was ~50% of GT500 production, the price of the DCT goes up substantially - ensuring a premium charge for a very low volume manual as well.

Ford has stuck with one transmission offering on their top dog Mustang for decades now. I don't see that changing. And the fact that they are publicly saying that if you want a manual transmission to simply purchase a GT350 instead....rather telling.
Makes sense, you're probably right.

However, I also read that the new Corvette may share the Tremec DCT, if so, that would help with the volumes. For me, the lack of a manual option isn't an absolute deal breaker, but it certainly is a major drawback and curbs my enthusiasm to where I'll wait a few years to decide if I really want a GT500 or not. The plus side is that hopefully the ADMs will not be as crazy in a few years. It was brutal having to deal with the ADMs when the GT350 first came out, especially where I live.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I am actually interested in the DCT for the 2020 Shelby GT 500. I know as a Mustang Purist that it will not be as engaging as driving a mustang with a manual transmission but overall performance will be better. I am more worried about reliability issues. I have never owned a DCT car before and since this is a brand new transmission I hope it will be very reliable. I am one of those people who bought a 2016 Tech pack GT 350 so I am not new performance controversy. I am going to try and keep the GT 350 even with buying the GT 500 so maybe I can enjoy the best of both worlds.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
I am actually interested in the DCT for the 2020 Shelby GT 500. I know as a Mustang Purist that it will not be as engaging as driving a mustang with a manual transmission but overall performance will be better. I am more worried about reliability issues. I have never owned a DCT car before and since this is a brand new transmission I hope it will be very reliable. I am one of those people who bought a 2016 Tech pack GT 350 so I am not new performance controversy. I am going to try and keep the GT 350 even with buying the GT 500 so maybe I can enjoy the best of both worlds.
I agree, I am also looking forward to the DCT, since I'll have the GT350R that I can take out whenever I get the itch to bang some gears. I for one think that to much R&D went into this drivetrain for Ford to spend more money on a manual. Ford has said countless times that if the customer wants a manual transmission They can buy GT350. I think the GT500 is a work of art and as a whole looks great, can't wait. Good luck to all in their pursuit of securing an allocation.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

However, I also read that the new Corvette may share the Tremec DCT, if so, that would help with the volumes. For me, the lack of a manual option isn't an absolute deal breaker, but it certainly is a major drawback and curbs my enthusiasm to where I'll wait a few years to decide if I really want a GT500 or not. The plus side is that hopefully the ADMs will not be as crazy in a few years. It was brutal having to deal with the ADMs when the GT350 first came out, especially where I live.
The Corvette DCT may have some similar items in their DCT but that has nothing to do with Ford's contract with Tremec. Bottom line - Ford and Tremec need each other on this one. The future has been carefully crafted here for a least a couple of years. The biggest unknown is how long the GT500 will be in production.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think the GT500 will be in production until the next generation of Mustang is produced . I suspect Ford will offer the DCT in the GT350 in the future. Maybe in 3 or four years , Ford will have a manual trans for the GT500.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This is interesting news. I look forward to seeing on in person. The ADM game for S. Florida will be out of control. I already stated how one person at the dealer was willing to pay 150k for a GT500. I'm sure there will be others as well willing to shell out the big bucks.

Think I'll just hang on to my GT350 for a while.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Very excited. Love both reds. I will take what dealer has in stock w/o ADM. Might (will) be wait awhile. I blind emailed all local dealers for allocation, but no response. I'm sure many in my area are willing to pay ADM.

Is there an option for painted stripes w/o track version, wing and CF?

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT

IIRC the DCT in the C8 will be an 8spd ZF unit, not a Tremec.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
This is interesting news. I look forward to seeing on in person. The ADM game for S. Florida will be out of control. I already stated how one person at the dealer was willing to pay 150k for a GT500. I'm sure there will be others as well willing to shell out the big bucks.

Think I'll just hang on to my GT350 for a while.
There are a lot of rich people in Florida and Southern California who will eagerly overpay for these cars. If you don't mind traveling to get the car you can get it at MSRP or slightly over. I found an MSRP Deal and a few $5000 ADM deals during my search. I suggest finding a good deal now before the ADM madness gets out of control.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Very excited. Love both reds. I will take what dealer has in stock w/o ADM. Might (will) be wait awhile. I blind emailed all local dealers for allocation, but no response. I'm sure many in my area are willing to pay ADM.

Is there an option for painted stripes w/o track version, wing and CF?
I would also be interested if anyone knows the answer to the question

Aramenian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aram
Vehicle(s)
2015 50 YRS Limited Edition, 2019 Shelby GT350R (Building VIN 1722 May 6, 2019)
Dealers will be receiving information this week on the 2020 Shelby GT500. Around 5000 unit annual production and a guarantee of at least one GT500 per dealer. Additional allocation information will be shared at a later date.
Found this on the internet:
upload_2019-5-3_12-16-7.png

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
At this point your best bet is to call/email smaller city dealers to see if they have an allotment and if they will sell at MSRP. You might get lucky in the Midwest

Yeah maybe, we'll seee...