2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Obviously you were not around in 1970 as there were no GT350R's produced in 1970 but in any event congrats when you get both of these great cars together later this year.

:sunglasses:
I know, but I own a GT350R now so that's what will be in my garage, but thanks. Oh and yes, I was not around in 1970, in fact, not even close.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Nice to see Ford is allowing each dealer enrolled in the GT350 and GT500 program to get at least one GT350 and one GT500. I hope all Ford dealers enroll before the end of the 30 days of enrollment limit.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
My dealer was told by his rep that he has been allocated at least 1 GT500 and 1 GT350 for the 2020 MY.

Maybe he was mistaken?

I guess with them producing 5000 GT500s for 2020, the dealers that buy into the program are nearly guaranteed at least 1.
My dealer stated the same thing, so maybe we are good to go. We will soon find out. He also stated the ordering guide would be out very soon since the banks open up in a little over a month.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's obvious, but why don't you go throw your negative vibes somewhere else, like your pocket and let people celebrate that at least they have a shot at an allocation.
Negative vibes?

Allocations do not exist yet. That is a fact.

Harry doesn't just make stuff up. He knows what he is talking about.

I'm glad you are excited. So am I, but the guy is just telling you how it is. So be careful and dont believe something just because it is what you want to hear.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Well there is half of the problem right there. Exactly how many dealers are on top of this? Based on everything else they do I bet more than half don't even know the program exists!
I remember standing there on the first day you could order a Focus RS and more than a half a dozen local dealers didn't even know what an RS was, never mind the fact that YES you can actually order one for me. (yea it's made in Germany it has 350hp, 6 speed trans, torque vectoring, Brembo brakes, 4 drive modes, and AWD. Been making it in Europe for years and finally they brought it here!))
Then as soon as they knew what they had it was ADM city. Dealers were adding anywhere from 5 - 25k! Amazing.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I know, but I own a GT350R now so that's what will be in my garage, but thanks. Oh and yes, I was not around in 1970, in fact, not even close.
Yes,
It is confirmed if your dealer pays to enter the Shelby Program they will get at least 1 GT500 and 1 GT350. On average each year 2500 dealerships Enroll. The rest of the allocations will be based on previous overall mustang sales. So if you are #1 on the list at your dealer you are good to go. I wish you the best.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They aren't even making enough GT500's for every participating dealer to for certain get two, if they wanted to and after paying to be in the program. Of those, only a fraction will be available as CF Track Pack orders.

This is going to be like fighting for a steak in Venezuela if your aren't number one on your dealer's list.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I am locked into a deal for a GT 500 but I have a question. Since carbon track package cars and painted on stripe options will be limited how is Ford going to control the limit? Will they be limited by first come first serve until the limit is reached or will it be a lottery system like with the GT 350Rs? I didn't like the lottery system because it seemed like the large dealers were the ones who were getting the Rs and they ADM'd them through the roof. I got my GT 350 from a small volume dealer and didn't have the option to get an R. My future GT 500 will also come from a small volume dealer with only one GT 500 allocation. When I shopped around for an allocation I noticed that most dealerships are asking for a set ADM but when they figure out how the limit works on the carbon fiber track package they will spec the car themselves and jack up the price even more.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am locked into a deal for a GT 500 but I have a question. Since carbon track package cars and painted on stripe options will be limited how is Ford going to control the limit? Will they be limited by first come first serve until the limit is reached or will it be a lottery system like with the GT 350Rs? I didn't like the lottery system because it seemed like the large dealers were the ones who were getting the Rs and they ADM'd them through the roof. I got my GT 350 from a small volume dealer and didn't have the option to get an R. My future GT 500 will also come from a small volume dealer with only one GT 500 allocation. When I shopped around for an allocation I noticed that most dealerships are asking for a set ADM but when they figure out how the limit works on the carbon fiber track package they will spec the car themselves and jack up the price even more.
Not sure how Ford Performance is going to control the ~1250 allocations for the 2020 Carbon Fiber Track Package cars but suggest that they may possibly allocate the first ~1000 CFTP cars to the high volume Ford dealers in the U.S. and Canada and then would revert to the lottery system for whatever remaining amount of CFTP cars that are left over for the 2020MY.

My personal experience is that the lottery system at FP can work very well and especially noticed that during the 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca production along with the 2015 Shelby GT350 lottery allocation process whereby in both cases numerous small dealerships were allocated not only Laguna Seca models but they were also allocated 2015 Track Pack and Tech Pack cars.

I particularly remember talking to a couple of dealerships in the Southeast back in 2015 and these were very small dealerships but they paid their $1000 to play in the new GT350 program with a couple of them shocked that they actually got allocations for 1 of the 50 Track Pack or Tech Pack cars. There were also a couple of New England dealerships that I recall benefitting from the 2015 Shelby GT350 lottery program.

I also remember speaking with some Midwest dealers back in 2011/2012 with those smaller dealerships being allocated LS cars based on the lottery system from the 1552 LS cars built over the two year model year.

Will the 2020 GT500 CFTP lottery system following that same pattern, who knows but let's hope that it does and that some of the small/smaller dealerships actually get an allocation for one of these very cool CFTP cars.

:)

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I really appreciate everyone's point of views, experience and information on the Ford Allocation process. This is my first time going through anything like this and I have learned alot and also learned what questions to ask my dealer. Like many other people in this thread I was referred to a local dealer where my buddy bought his 2016 350 and 2018 350R. He assured me that this dealer was straight up and would be the place to go in the area to try and get "on the list" for this highly anticipated 2020 GT500. So I emailed his contact (ended up being the owner) and I talked to him for a little and I ended up giving a deposit to get on the list, I am supposedly #2. Then last week he emailed me saying that he was told that he will be getting 1 allocation for sure and that he most likely will be getting a 2nd due to how his dealership performed with Shelby and overall mustang sales in 2018 which fits into what I have seen with the Shelby enrollment sheet that has been shared.

My questions are how likely is it that this dealer will sell to someone else other then me? And if they do get 2 of the MY2020 will 1 come in the fall of 2019 and the other be a late allocation around this time in 2020?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I really appreciate everyone's point of views, experience and information on the Ford Allocation process. This is my first time going through anything like this and I have learned alot and also learned what questions to ask my dealer. Like many other people in this thread I was referred to a local dealer where my buddy bought his 2016 350 and 2018 350R. He assured me that this dealer was straight up and would be the place to go in the area to try and get "on the list" for this highly anticipated 2020 GT500. So I emailed his contact (ended up being the owner) and I talked to him for a little and I ended up giving a deposit to get on the list, I am supposedly #2. Then last week he emailed me saying that he was told that he will be getting 1 allocation for sure and that he most likely will be getting a 2nd due to how his dealership performed with Shelby and overall mustang sales in 2018 which fits into what I have seen with the Shelby enrollment sheet that has been shared.

My questions are how likely is it that this dealer will sell to someone else other then me? And if they do get 2 of the MY2020 will 1 come in the fall of 2019 and the other be a late allocation around this time in 2020?
Regarding your last two questions I would suggest that those questions can and should be answered by the owner of the Ford dealership that you are presently working with.

In addition I would strongly suggest that you set up a face to face meeting with your contact who seems to be the owner of the dealership after which time you can discuss any issues or concerns that you have about the process with him at that time.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
I am very excited about this car!

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Regarding your last two questions I would suggest that those questions can and should be answered by the owner of the Ford dealership that you are presently working with.

In addition I would strongly suggest that you set up a face to face meeting with your contact who seems to be the owner of the dealership after which time you can discuss any issues or concerns that you have about the process with him at that time.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, I am planning a trip down when the order sheet comes out so we can have the face to face talk and get everything in writing and get my questions answered.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I am very excited about this car!
Me too! I think it looks awesome.

But every time I think about seriously getting one, I remember that there's no manual stick shift option and my excitement fades again. So I will definitely not be a first year buyer like I was for the GT350. Fingers crossed for a manual option in the future.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Thanks, I am planning a trip down when the order sheet comes out so we can have the face to face talk and get everything in writing and get my questions answered.
Absolutely get your deal in writing with the dealer including the option to back out and receive your full deposit refund (State law might already provide for this) if he doesn't end up getting that second allocation. I have seen dealers try to hold onto people's deposits with the promise of a car the next model year which tends not to pan out.