Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

Musk basically did that at the beginning going to Russia to buy surplus rockets. With a good idea you can do anything as people of means are bored and will give you chances out of all proportion - but you have to have the ideas. They don’t tolerate fools at all!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Wow. We have literally started over at post #1.

We are not back at page one. I have learned much in this thread with input and insight given from auto enthusiasts and most importantly, the engineers who’s analytic and superior cognitive abilities, have shown me the folly of my original and misguided preconceptions of the 7.3 swap. I bow to the immanence of their automotive acumen. You guys are the best!

We have also shown that as an international board, gear heads of all races, creeds and nationalities, can congregate, discuss and draw important conclusions to our community, and in the end set an example for all the people of the world to look upon with awe and wonder.

In this place, we have proven that humanity can rise above their base instincts, and follow true self-determination that is an example the rest of the world “must” follow...

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
@Erik Yellow Bullet? Seriously dude? LMFAO.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We are not back at page one. I have learned much in this thread with input and insight given from auto enthusiasts and most importantly, the engineers who’s analytic and superior cognitive abilities, have shown me he folly of my original and misguided preconceptions of the 7.3 swap. I bow to the imminence of their automotive acumen. You guys are the best!

We have also shown that as an international board, gear heads of all races, creeds and nationalities, can congregate, discuss and draw important conclusions to our community, and in the end set an example for all the people of the world to look upon with awe and wonder.

In this place, we have proven that humanity can rise above their base instincts, and follow true self-determination that is an example the rest of the world “must” follow...

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

No that was not bait...

This is:

If there is one thing to take from a thread like this is that peer pressure works - most of the time. I didn’t count the pages but the unrelenting pressure by different members along with the “likes” brigade of supporters, usually takes its toll. Not on me mind you, as I grew up isolated. But the group as a whole will try and test you. The funny thing is the more they test you, the more they respect you even if it is only on a subconscious level. If you really stick it to them and refuse to budge you may even get supporters into the fight as they see their situations mirrored in your little social fight.

Actually, I really haven’t budged at all. Listen to DrGrabster as he seems to know me “too” well (Hummm...). He knew it was all humbug (he is the only one here that can say that term and actually mean it).

Anyway this thread really has little to do with a 7.3 gas engine as much as it has to do with egos and the social politic. This community has a pecking order and the possibility of a larger motor - that is particularly enticing to those lower on the totem pole - and basically leap-frogging them over the current king of the hill 5.0, well it upsets that order. Ford fleeces it’s customers to get them into a GT and to have that paid for status taken away must rile them up.

But at the end of the day size matters. Park a GT and a 7.3 swap Mustang with 7.3 badging and anyone from 8 years old and up will say the 7.3 is better just because it has the bigger motor. Like penis size you can argue this and that, but people will only see that as someone trying to make up for inadequacy because they have a smaller dick or motor.

The 7.3 has more cubic inches and more torque than the Coyote. That will be a fact. Horsepower can be more for the 5.0 but that argument is like saying a smaller penis is ok if the smaller size let’s you thrust faster. As a metaphor I hope you can see the folly in this argument. Most women will still prefer the larger size if they are honest. Same for motors, the average person on the street will value the 7.3 as better than the 5.0, and that is that. In the end it matters what the neighbours think and what the cute girl at the drive through thinks about you and your car. In short, actual capabilities matter, but perception from other car driver’s and pedestrians also matters, if not more.

And that in short has been driving this thread. Ask your girl friend or wife what is really going on here between the two motors - 5.0 and 7.3 - and the women will say it’s all about size and that is what this thread is really about.

I’m not your psychologist or psychiatrist, but anyone can see there is more invested in this discussion than swapping a motor. And, facts and figures can never overcome something as simple as size. Size matters and the 7.3 is larger and for most people that is all that counts and that is what was always driving this discussion - simmering under all the technical mumbo jumbo, and empty platitudes.

I want my big block!

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just lost a few neurons reading that.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I just lost a few neurons reading that.

But outside of the enthusiasts it is true.

Be honest - to Joe Average on the street, the 7.3 will be looked at as more desirable than the 5.0.

And I’m being nice. I actually had penis size and thrusts per minute in the same equations as horsepower and stuff like that. But I didn’t go there because it would have been in bad taste.
Sponsored