Sponsored

From GT 350 to GT 350R

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Right at $5,500 total to include replacement OEM TPMS, mounted and balanced with MPSS 4S 325 rears and 305 fronts. One CF wheel only replacement is $4,200 +. The CF wheels don't make an R an R on the commute to work or around town. They make an R an R on the track. I would argue that daily commuting CF wheels is a gross misuse of them for which nothing good can happen. With my set up at home, swapping back to the CF wheels is not a deal. I can do it in under 15 minutes...by myself. If I ever go to C&C or a some other sort of get together, I'll probably swap back. I'd also like to point out that the Signature wheels I got are forged obviously and very light weight and track tested. Not trading in 18 lbs wheels for 30 lbs wheels or anything. There might be a 2 lbs difference per wheel. And the titanium lug nuts from Terrance offset the heavy OEM lug nuts. Lets just say, my R isn't all of the sudden a handling slush bucket.
I hear you but some would argue an R for the street in general is a gross misuse but to each his own. You can make that argument about anything. I’m not tracking the car so preserving the rims for the next guy isn’t an option. I love the look of the CF rims so they’ll stay on. If something happens I’ll deal with it then.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I hear you but some would argue an R for the street in general is a gross misuse but to each his own. You can make that argument about anything. I’m not tracking the car so preserving the rims for the next guy isn’t an option. I love the look of the CF rims so they’ll stay on. If something happens I’ll deal with it then.
Yes. I can argue that driving any 350 on the street is a gross misuse of the entire car! - lol.

I never made it to the track with my R - sad, I know... but if I had shelved the wheels - what would that have accomplished? To each their own. I'll just enjoy the car. ;)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I love the look of the R wheels too! So the street wheels are knock off's. See! Problem solved!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Usually I’d start into my “cars are bad investments” rant but considering the push for electric and the generally nutty world we live in...anything is possible. The 350 definitely registers as one of the more unique and desirable cars in recent history...and if car culture changes dramatically in the next 5 years, cars like this could either go way up or become worthless.
I agree with this. There's a lot of uncertainty with the future of the collector car market - in my opinion. Hopefully the day when gasoline goes away and self-driving becomes illegal is very far away.

CF vs forged on the street isnt much a difference.
6k??? Lol much more affordable options for a street wheel. I spent 2k and got tires. :giggle:
My CF wheels are track only now and that's where they shine
That's good to know. Reinforces my decision to buy a regular GT350 instead of an R. 99% + of my miles are on the street with only a handful of track days per year.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I agree with this. There's a lot of uncertainty with the future of the collector car market - in my opinion. Hopefully the day when gasoline goes away and self-driving becomes illegal is very far away.

That's good to know. Reinforces my decision to buy a regular GT350 instead of an R. 99% + of my miles are on the street with only a handful of track days per year.
Yes.

Albeit, as a previous track pack owner, I knew a definite wheel upgrade for tracktrac coming as the 350 wheels are anchors. I wanted the ultimate track wheel and can't get better than CF wheels for the track period.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes.

Albeit, as a previous track pack owner, I knew a definite wheel upgrade for tracktrac coming as the 350 wheels are anchors. I wanted the ultimate track wheel and can't get better than CF wheels for the track period.
If I had the extra money I would definitely have an R - just for the CF wheels IMO it's worth it. But I'd have to have a lot more money than I do - enough to not care whether they get damaged through using them.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
If I had the extra money I would definitely have an R - just for the CF wheels IMO it's worth it. But I'd have to have a lot more money than I do - enough to not care whether they get damaged through using them.
A 5 year zero deductible wheel and tire warranty was like $1k. Already replaced a flat rear tire for me last summer when I picked up a screw near the sidewall.

Nice to not worry about MI infamous pot holes for 5 years as well ;).

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Cool. Let' r rip.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A 5 year zero deductible wheel and tire warranty was like $1k. Already replaced a flat rear tire for me last summer when I picked up a screw near the sidewall.

Nice to not worry about MI infamous pot holes for 5 years as well ;).
They wouldn't sell me a warranty on an '18R. One of my '17s has the warranty. Afaik, you can't buy the Ford road hazard warranty on R's anymore.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing is a misuse of anything. If your thing is to drive an R, or hell a Ferrari F488 to supermarket only, so be it. It's your money and your time... The only thing that matters is you to be happy. Life is short. I said it before, the amount of track days I do (2-3 a year) does not warrant me getting an R, but if I had the dough and the space to park it, would have gotten one... the problem was that when I bought my 350, the R, with it's ADM, was getting dangerously close to a second hand F430... too close for comfort. Just enjoy your cars!

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Is it a misuse of a Snapon box end wrench to drive a nail into a 2x4? Just checking...:bandit:
Not if that's all you have and you need the nail into the 2x4.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Not if that's all you have and you need the nail into the 2x4.
Misuse - use (something) in the wrong way or for the wrong purpose. The wrong or improper use of something.

Just because you needed to use a Snapon wrench to drive a nail as a linchpin to the sail you need to get off the island to save your life doesn't mean the tool was used correctly.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nothing is a misuse of anything. If your thing is to drive an R, or hell a Ferrari F488 to supermarket only, so be it. It's your money and your time... The only thing that matters is you to be happy. Life is short. I said it before, the amount of track days I do (2-3 a year) does not warrant me getting an R, but if I had the dough and the space to park it, would have gotten one... the problem was that when I bought my 350, the R, with it's ADM, was getting dangerously close to a second hand F430... too close for comfort. Just enjoy your cars!
F430 is cool, but the R is faster on track. Depends on what you want. I would prefer an R over an F430 any day for a car that would be driven a lot and used as a car, not garage art.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Misuse - use (something) in the wrong way or for the wrong purpose. The wrong or improper use of something.

Just because you needed to use a Snapon wrench to drive a nail as a linchpin to the sail you need to get off the island to save your life doesn't mean the tool was used correctly.
Touche'
Sponsored