Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Seriously folks.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I realize it's just one anecdotal story from me, but a friend who was a former M3 owner, currently driving an X5 (serial BMW buyer :D), said he's very seriously considering one, mostly dependent on availability/ADM, and according to him, that's not a unique sentiment in a few BMW channels. I'm not sure what the tipping point was, but I'm sure a combination of a reasonably modern design + massive HP + DCT overcoming things like interior quality.

I'll see how it plays out for him, I mentioned signing up here.
but thats not anectodal. I live and have hundreds of cars friends, albiet in the north east. we ALL started with BMWs, and some still do, others went to gtrs, porsches, audi ect. but all in the same demographic. trade cars every 2-4 years, plenty of disposable income. The GT500 is on all of their radars, depending on ADM and actual HP. Id say 50% are always hoping for 700hp,others, like me, thats just a great starting point; car must have sporty feel, comfortable interior ect, and most importantly, have that "flash" appeal.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I guess we are due for another press release or a leak. It's obviously getting pretty dry around here.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I guess we are due for another press release or a leak. It's obviously getting pretty dry around here.
My dealership said order banks open in a little over a week. Might be quiet until then, but hope not!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Stangmode just interviewed the chief engineer.

they haven’t released pricing and won’t eont o summer.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Stangmode just interviewed the chief engineer.

they haven’t released pricing and won’t eont o summer.
I don’t get how order banks could open before price a final price is released.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Sounds crazy but a lot of guys like me are ready to pay for an MSRP deal or close because of history with buying Cobras and Shelbys. I really don’t care what MSRP is, I just want a fair deal to spec the car to my goals.
MSRP has historically been fair, ADMs not so much.
-J

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
It is no different then when a new "supercar" is announced and the manufacturer says that only 150 copies are going to be made and they are all sold before even one is made..... it is called, MONEY!!!

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Sounds crazy but a lot of guys like me are ready to pay for an MSRP deal or close because of history with buying Cobras and Shelbys. I really don’t care what MSRP is, I just want a fair deal to spec the car to my goals.
MSRP has historically been fair, ADMs not so much.
-J
Oh I agree that I’m ready to buy regardless of the MSRP but it just seems like a funny business practice to accept a bunch of orders and then decide or release pricing info. Final pricing could really make or break a lot of folks especially with ADM.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
The best I’ve seen to date is Ford delivering the then new GT to customers without having released its HP/TQ.

Just brutal lol.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Uhhh, Ford went out, purchased a 458, took the engine apart, and created the voodoo from what they learned using the coyote architecture. The Coyote was not the inspiration for the voodoo, it was the 458.
Correct...
Correct...
UNLIKELY...

ALL automakers buy, test, disassemble, and BENCHMARK competitor vehicles and powertrains. That was part of my job my last 10 years at GM. So, using that example...on the way to developing C8, the Corvette team purchased, drove, and disassembled a Ferrari 458, a McLaren 570s, several versions of 911, an Acura NSX, and probably a couple cars that I'm forgetting. So which one is the C8 "copying"?

Benchmarking is more focused on understanding what they did and why they did it, not simply copying it. Benchmarking also provides a good idea of how the product that they are developing lines up against each competitor. It also involves understanding what sort of design "bandwidth" they have. In essence, what are they likely to do with the next gen. It is not at all about copying. It's also worth noting that even while I was at GM, I was aware of some of the things Ford was doing in development of Voodoo before 458 was on the street and available for Ford to purchase.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I was in the dealership with my neighbor who just bought a Bullitt. The same dealership that said earlier they'd have a $50k ADM. I shit you not they now say it could be $100K ADM. They think they are only getting one GT500.
Sponsored