Sponsored

V8 Mustang prototype spied (video)....but what is it?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Whatever this is...I like it.

Looks like it has a better rake than stock..the wing dimensions intrigue me and I like the extended splitter.
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a better one for you, a dead '03 Terminator. Rip out the boat anchor in the front (yes I know that's heresy), put in an NA Aluminator XS 52 in it. Cage and brace it for rigidity so it's not a noodle. Big brake kit. 3400lbs and 580 NA horsepower with those looks? I'll take it.
Oh man...that would be fantastic.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOUld proably be cheaper to just get the termi to 600 wheel on stock engine and do a Break upgrade.
True

And like how I want to restore another Fox...a Termi is on my list too. Almost bought one last summer before I got my 19

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
My heart wants to say Mach 1, but Ford has been pretty generic with their names lately. The "High Performance Package" for the EcoBoost isn't very inspiring, even though it kind of taps into the K-Code heritage.

They'll probably name this "Performance Package Level 3" or something.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Can't wait for the inevitable 7.3 engine discussion this is going to create.

They have enough current V8 variations. Would not surprise me at all if they modded up a 7.3 and slipped it in for kicks and giggles with 7.3 badging.

And...

Who ever said this was a “Ford” prototype? You can probably get that concealer wrap anywhere. Maybe someone with connections has already made one. My guess is it’s Ford and Ford engineers messing around with ideas. But the fact it is a V8 really does open up the gates to speculation. Did the guy even say what kind of V8 sound?

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What another car in history had Yellow Blinkers we all cherished years ago that have not poked its head out in years? a Mustang Cobra ( not Cobra Jet )
hqdefault.jpg

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No way it will be a 7.3, but I could see a 2020 Mach 1 with a NA 5.2

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The flared body panels don’t look professional enough for Ford. It’s aftermarket. As for the fog lamp - that looks like it’s just a red bulb, and wouldn’t the tail light assemblies be Euro spec?

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
When you guys say “manufacture plates” can you tell the manufacturer?

Also, I believe the firing order of the 7.3 is the same as the Coyote if that helps anyone.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, this has me intrigued... Looks like it's just a PP2 front splitter that's wrapped tight with the standard chin spoiler to look inconspicuous, but that wing really has me wondering... A Mach 1 with all the PP2 goodies and more, flared front fenders for a square wheel setup, and a near-500hp N/A coyote-based engine as an absolute track weapon to decimate on the 1LE, staring around $50k? Ohhhhh, that would make me sell my 2018 and custom order yet another car!

of note: Anyone else notice the digital cluster? May not be significant, but usually the test cars (namely the GT500) run the standard cluster... maybe another model with the digital cluster standard? Or perhaps indicating a shift to it being standard across the board in coming years?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
When you guys say “manufacture plates” can you tell the manufacturer?

Also, I believe the firing order of the 7.3 is the same as the Coyote if that helps anyone.
Michigan manufacturer plates have the "M" in the middle. Can't tell what manufacturer it is, but the chances of it NOT being Ford are slim
Sponsored