Sponsored

V8 Mustang prototype spied (video)....but what is it?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I almost wonder if this is aero profiling for the crossover. Kinda starting with a baseline and moving up and outwards.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Before anyone says "Cobra Jet" remember...Cobra Jets are NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT road legal and cannot be registered so there is zero point to put them on the road.
Doesnt mean they can't market a road legal version. I mean they used the CJ name before for parts for the GT500, and for street cars in the 60's. They could easily market a Cobra Jet Package for the GT's or Shelby's. Like how they have the ST and ST Line trims, two very different cars, similar name.

What I am wondering is why the covered the hood vents. They look taller. I'm not sure what they would change those for.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That car is not making any engine noise. You would here the deep drone/burble of the V8 if it was. Car was silent as highway speeds...

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
That car is not making any engine noise. You would here the deep drone/burble of the V8 if it was. Car was silent as highway speeds...
Mach E

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an idea. The gt350 and gt500 are US market only and don’t compete against the bmw m4 and Merc 63 coupe.
The my18 is properly designed for export markets. Could this be a performance variation that is designed from day 1 to be world exportable. Maybe not as fast as a gt500, but more akin to a gt350? Maybe the next gt350

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Whatever it is, it's not electric. The reason why is this aero is all about downforce, which would absolutely kill EV range. Tons of drag. Wouldn't be the hybrid version either for this same reason. My bet is Mach 1. My guess is the GT500 CPC 5.2 without the supercharger. A reworked 7.3 for a new Boss 429 would be amazing but unlikely I'm guessing. Or maybe a new Cobra R?

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Maybe it's an '18 owner who has skill with wrap and it just trolling the fornication out of us. :giggle:
It has Michigan manufacturer plates, so if it's someone trolling, it's a Ford employee.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Whatever it is, it's not electric. The reason why is this aero is all about downforce, which would absolutely kill EV range. Tons of drag. Wouldn't be the hybrid version either for this same reason. My bet is Mach 1. My guess is the GT500 CPC 5.2 without the supercharger. A reworked 7.3 for a new Boss 429 would be amazing but unlikely I'm guessing. Or maybe a new Cobra R?
As it was barely a year ago that the Mach1 was supposed to be electric I'd be surprised if they were already testing a non-electic Mach1, unless they already had a plan to release a non-sc 5.2 and are just planning to use the Mach1 name instead of the one they were originally going to. It would explain the hood vent changes, but I would expect them to be facing forward to scoop air if they were trying to do a 70's Mach1, these look like they are still backwards. The rear spoiler also looks HUGE to be a Mach1.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
. My bet is Mach 1. My guess is the GT500 CPC 5.2 without the supercharger.
This has long been my dream, but I'm not holding my breath....but I'll keep my fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Whilst you couldn't hear the engine, I think that mostly down to the fact the guy had his windows up and both cars were cruising on light throttle.

Oh...d'oh! Edited to add....I found the original post on Facebook and asked the OP if it was a V8....he said it was......

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This has long been my dream,
I have a better one for you, a dead '03 Terminator. Rip out the boat anchor in the front (yes I know that's heresy), put in an NA Aluminator XS 52 in it. Cage and brace it for rigidity so it's not a noodle. Big brake kit. 3400lbs and 580 NA horsepower with those looks? I'll take it.
Sponsored