roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
That was my point.....For me it's exceptional because it's gonna be the fastest, most powerful, and best handling GT500 ever whether or not I ever run it down a dragstrip or around a track.

I guess what I have a problem with is some people are already "disappointed because it won't corner with the new C8 Vette or beat a Demon in the 1/8th or 1/4. It doesn't have a 3rd pedal for rowing gears with a flat plane sound coming from the exhaust tips and doesn't have AWD.....I never expected any of those things myself and quite frankly IF this rumor about a 67K MSRP is true Ford has knocked it out of the park.
But $67k will be a vapor price. The ADM will make it the REAL price.
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I said it before, 67k base is a good price.

I actually see it as 69,xxx with gas guzzler and freight/pdi.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
But $67k will be a vapor price. The ADM will make it the REAL price.
That's something we can all agree on. If ADM's are over $10K on the base it might rub some of the shine off but it's a good problem for Ford compared to GM who seems to over produce and dealers get stuck with top of the line Vette's and Camaros that are often marked down dramatically when they're 1 and 2 model years old . Their current 2019 over stocked ZO6's can be had 15K UNDER MSRP....No thanks. I'd prefer to pay a little more for a car that will give a great all around performance car that will hold 2 to 3 time the value 4 or 5 years down the road.

Last edited:

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The 500 will be DCT only as well.
I don’t see this 500 converting Porsche, M3, and Vette owners like the 350 did. The 500 will appeal to the Mustang/Ford faithful.
See sig, I have a deposit down on one, now granted, it will be an addition, not getting rid of anything for it.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
That's something we can all agree on. If ADM's are over $10K on the base it might rub some of the shine off but it's a good problem for Ford compared to GM who seems to over produce and dealers get stuck with top of the line Vette's and Camaros that are often marked down dramatically when they're 1 and 2 model years old . Their current 2019 over stocked ZO6's can be had 15K UNDER MSRP....No thanks. I'd prefer to pay a little more for a car that will give a great all around performance car that will hold 2 to 3 time the value 4 or 5 years down the road.
You are sadly misinformed. Here are hundreds of GT350 that are 1 year old and big discounts that nobody wants.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...y=derivedpriceASC&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Last edited:

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
You were saying, you would rather pay a little more, when the GT350 has no ADM and on top of it, they are discounted. They are finally priced back with all of the other Ford cars.

I don't car about 'vettes that much. They are overpriced as Chevy also does all of their vehicles so they can give big discounts and it makes stupid people feel like they got a good deal. It is the GM way....

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Fake news alert for sure.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The 500 will be DCT only as well.
I don’t see this 500 converting Porsche, M3, and Vette owners like the 350 did. The 500 will appeal to the Mustang/Ford faithful.
i disagree, at least for the European car owners. most of those cars are leased anyway. more power, great trans and comparable price will have a ton of MB/BMW/997/991 owners eyeing up the GT500, and have the $$ to do so

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
The people who are complaining are doing so without having any of the specifications, so, theirs is an uninformed opinion.
And 99% of them a serial complainers.......................who wouldn't be buying a GT500 no matter what the specs are anyway.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
S
no different, than how ford took a ferrari 458, and used it's engine as a basis for the voodoo? ;)
omebody has their facts wrong.

The basis is the 5.0.

But they learned from the dampening in the 458.

Let’s not go giving credit for the whole thing to someone who didn’t earn it mkay?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
i disagree, at least for the European car owners. most of those cars are leased anyway. more power, great trans and comparable price will have a ton of MB/BMW/997/991 owners eyeing up the GT500, and have the $$ to do so
I realize it's just one anecdotal story from me, but a friend who was a former M3 owner, currently driving an X5 (serial BMW buyer :D), said he's very seriously considering one, mostly dependent on availability/ADM, and according to him, that's not a unique sentiment in a few BMW channels. I'm not sure what the tipping point was, but I'm sure a combination of a reasonably modern design + massive HP + DCT overcoming things like interior quality.

I'll see how it plays out for him, I mentioned signing up here.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The people who are complaining are doing so without having any of the specifications, so, theirs is an uninformed opinion.
Some people will complain if they were hung with a new rope.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
S

omebody has their facts wrong.

The basis is the 5.0.

But they learned from the dampening in the 458.

Let’s not go giving credit for the whole thing to someone who didn’t earn it mkay?
Uhhh, Ford went out, purchased a 458, took the engine apart, and created the voodoo from what they learned using the coyote architecture. The Coyote was not the inspiration for the voodoo, it was the 458.