Sponsored

Rumor: GT500 BASE MSRP is 67k

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree,screw Garbage Motors and their c8. I'm sure they probably stole a Ferrari look.:cwl:
no different, than how ford took a ferrari 458, and used it's engine as a basis for the voodoo? ;)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is what happened with the GT350ā€™s early on.
I didnā€™t pay ADM on my ā€˜16 350 Track Pack April of ā€˜16. I didnā€™t pay ADM on my ā€˜17 R June of ā€˜17.
I want to know who pays ADM on this ugly turd....especially when the revolutionary C8 is around the corner.
I don't think the GT500 is the best looking either.

However, the C8 - the more I think about it I'm not sure how great it will be as far as being fun to drive. No manual transmission, so there is that. Plus - as a mid-engine vehicle it will be VERY hooked up. Lots of traction. Good for track times, but it may not be the most fun, especially on the street. On the street it will look good but that's about it. It will probably be very fast 0-60 if that's super important to you.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Here you go.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Here you go.
@4:20. Not a confirmed price by Ford. What is with these YouTube guys? So annoying and canā€™t shoot a video worth shit. Here is 30 seconds of interviewing your chest.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
^^Good old StangMode gets to the truth of the matter. He has shown a good rapport with Carl and the design team.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I don't think the GT500 is the best looking either.

However, the C8 - the more I think about it I'm not sure how great it will be as far as being fun to drive. No manual transmission, so there is that. Plus - as a mid-engine vehicle it will be VERY hooked up. Lots of traction. Good for track times, but it may not be the most fun, especially on the street. On the street it will look good but that's about it. It will probably be very fast 0-60 if that's super important to you.
The 500 will be DCT only as well.
I donā€™t see this 500 converting Porsche, M3, and Vette owners like the 350 did. The 500 will appeal to the Mustang/Ford faithful.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I donā€™t see this 500 converting Porsche, M3, and Vette owners like the 350 did. The 500 will appeal to the Mustang/Ford faithful.
I'd agree with that - i find the 350 more desirable. The 350 is the reason I have my new GT.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Imagine that.....Ford trying to build a car for the Ford/Mustang faithful...fug me....
Let me explain this one since a lot of GT350/Corvette/Porsche and Audi owners apparently don't seem to get this. Some of us don't want the fastest car around some given track...we don't even want the fastest thing down the local dragstrip either...we don't need to spend multiple 6 figures to make a statement of some sort......we want the baddest ass looking Mustang we can buy that is a very good all around performance car to drive our fat asses to the local car meet and convenience store on the way home where we wash and admire our cars on a weekend afternoon...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Imagine that.....Ford trying to build a car for the Ford/Mustang faithful...fug me....
Let me explain this one since a lot of GT350/Corvette/Porsche and Audi owners apparently don't seem to get this. Some of us don't want the fastest car around some given track...we don't even want the fastest thing down the local dragstrip either...we don't need to spend multiple 6 figures to make a statement of some sort......we want the baddest ass looking Mustang we can buy that is a very good all around performance car to drive our fat asses to the local car meet and convenience store on the way home where we wash and admire our cars on a weekend afternoon...
Everyone has a different perspective. I would suggest you buy a new GT instead. I'm excited and anticipate the 500 will be exceptional.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Everyone has a different perspective. I would suggest you buy a new GT instead. I'm excited and anticipate the 500 will be exceptional.
That was my point.....For me it's exceptional because it's gonna be the fastest, most powerful, and best handling GT500 ever whether or not I ever run it down a dragstrip or around a track.

I guess what I have a problem with is some people are already "disappointed because it won't corner with the new C8 Vette or beat a Demon in the 1/8th or 1/4. It doesn't have a 3rd pedal for rowing gears with a flat plane sound coming from the exhaust tips and doesn't have AWD.....I never expected any of those things myself and quite frankly IF this rumor about a 67K MSRP is true Ford has knocked it out of the park.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That was my point.....For me it's exceptional because it's gonna be the fastest, most powerful, and best handling GT500 ever whether or not I ever run it down a dragstrip or around a track.

I guess what I have a problem with is some people are already "disappointed because it won't corner with the new C8 Vette or beat a Demon in the 1/8th or 1/4. It doesn't have a 3rd pedal for rowing gears with a flat plane sound coming from the exhaust tips and doesn't have AWD.....I never expected any of those things myself and quite frankly IF this rumor about a 67K MSRP is true Ford has knocked it out of the park.
The people who are complaining are doing so without having any of the specifications, so, theirs is an uninformed opinion.
Sponsored