Sponsored

Q1 2019 sales

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Agree! There is a negative stigma that goes along with turbo charged engines. I personally don't have problems with the current turbo's but because of many poor designs back in the day a legit stereotype on dependability was developed.
I'm on my 3rd vehicle with a Ecoboost engine I've had no problems and plenty of power. I still have my Mustang and just traded my 96k miles Escape on a new Ranger Supercrew 4X4
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my 3rd vehicle with a Ecoboost engine I've had no problems and plenty of power. I still have my Mustang and just traded my 96k miles Escape on a new Ranger Supercrew 4X4
Sorry, I should of been more specific. By "back in the day" I ment 80's/early 90's and all makes not just ford. I personally would not hesitate to buy a FORD EcoBoost engine!

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Man, what's with all the Camaro hate. They are awesome cars, and I'm digging the 19 redesign.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Good observation. I think the 2019 Camaro front end refresh has something to do with that.
The more it looks like a Mustang the better it sells

2020C6G_i.jpg
That looks great, wish the revised Mustang looked more like that

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Man, what's with all the Camaro hate. They are awesome cars, and I'm digging the 19 redesign.
You are probably the only one... lol
Did you forget what forum you're on?

I think power train wise the Camaro is bad ass and I did like the front of the 16-18s, but they F'd them up now.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I should of been more specific. By "back in the day" I ment 80's/early 90's and all makes not just ford. I personally would not hesitate to buy a FORD EcoBoost engine!
I think evidence of more reliable tech using turbos is Honda. They were a holdout longer than most manufacturers in regard to using them, but have now embraced snails with open arms. A run of the mill Accord has a turbo now. To equip their flagship model with a turbo says a lot.

The one standout from back in that day that I remember is the Buick Grand National. Imagine the performance levels that could be achieved now, using current technologies. A TT V6 Mustang would be a monster.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
You are probably the only one... lol
Did you forget what forum you're on?

I think power train wise the Camaro is bad ass and I did like the front of the 16-18s, but they F'd them up now.
Yeah but car guys are car guys. I've never understood blind loyalty to a brand or car. The Camaro, especially the 6th Gen, has not only an amazing power train, but a great transmission and an incredibly well sorted chassis.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Yeah but car guys are car guys. I've never understood blind loyalty to a brand or car. The Camaro, especially the 6th Gen, has not only an amazing power train, but a great transmission and an incredibly well sorted chassis.
Oh, no brand loyalty here. Look at my sig. lol

But yeah I agree with you. It was in the mix of cars I wanted along with a Charger/Challenger.
Mustang won because of price and I couldn't find one thing I didn't like.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
You can get the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE with some huge discounts right now and they have a front end that actually looks pretty good. It's hard to deny they're an amazing performance bargin. It will be interesting to see what kind of pricing Ford can get away with on the GT500.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
You can get the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE with some huge discounts right now and they have a front end that actually looks pretty good. It's hard to deny they're an amazing performance bargin. It will be interesting to see what kind of pricing Ford can get away with on the GT500.
I've owned 1 4th gen Camaro and I loved it. This is my 3rd Mustang, which would have been a 2019 Grand Sport if my wife and I were not expecting our first. I needed something to stick a car seat into in a pinch, and the Mustang allows me to do that. Would have been my 3rd Vette, with the previous two being C6s.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You guys crack me up if you don't want any camaro hate go to c6g as far as I'm concerned they should scrap every camaro ever made

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
You guys crack me up if you don't want any camaro hate go to c6g as far as I'm concerned they should scrap every camaro ever made
That's right, this is a MUSTANG site, not the Crapmaro site. I wonder why the zl1,1le is so heavily discounted? Well, it looks like shit to most people. Its nothing more than a Gigantic Mistake :crackup::cwl:

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
That's right, this is a MUSTANG site, not the Crapmaro site. I wonder why the zl1,1le is so heavily discounted? Well, it looks like shit to most people. Its nothing more than a Gigantic Mistake :crackup::cwl:
You guys should love the Camaro. If the Camaro wasn't shitting on the Mustang in performance almost every generation, Ford would leave the car anemic as all hell. The competition is what drives development.
Sponsored