“Now the delay is “parts suppliers shortage”

Chs51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It’s almost laughable how long it’s taking me to get this car. I ordered the car in October 2018 and was told then that due to a Magneride option shortage, the computer would not accept my order. Then around November 10th my order finally gets accepted and the “official” waiting begins. Finally around December 30th, my salesman tells me production starts 1/27/19 with delivery on 2/5/19. On January 30th, with no movement on Ford’s Custom Order Tracker, I’m beginning to suspect a problem. After the EDD of 2/5 passes, I call my salesmen begging for some morsal of credible information as to what’s going on. He offers up a story about steering wheel shortages due to a strike in Mexico. Luckily if find this thread which confirms the salesmen’s story and I continue to wait. Now it’s around March 20th and the tracker still shows “ in production”. More calls to Ford customer service, given a case number, with absolutely no call-backs from Ford, the salesman...crickets! I call Sales manager at dealership and get patronizing rhetoric, but nothing solid to explain the wait or when I can expect “awaiting shipment” status. Finally around March 24th, 7 weeks after my original estimated delivery date, COTUS states Estimated Delivery on 4/19 but not yet “in transit” yet. My salesman calls and says HIS COMPUTER shows EDD between 4/13- to 4/15. Then on April 6th, while still in “awaiting shipment” limbo and still showing a 4/19 delivery they add “due to a supplier shortage...” yet EDD still shows 4/19. Here I am, today, 4/10, 6 months and still no car with no realistic end in sight...at least that I can BELIEVE. Starting to loose faith. Had I not already purchased over $4000 in options, I might have decided to drive something else.

Bottom line, as a former 15 year car salesman, sales manager, finance manager; to keep a valued customer happy, one must stay in communication with your customer, especially when things go wrong. I blame Ford, not my dealership, for this unacceptable handling and will excoriate them in the inevitable survey I’ll be getting after the sale. Not that it will do much good...
Sponsored

Reactions: lew

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
It's probably still the steering wheel problem. It takes times to put back all of the good steering wheel on the 8000 ish Mustang produced without one. You are not the only one waiting for yours.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Finally around March 24th, 7 weeks after my original estimated delivery date, COTUS states Estimated Delivery on 4/19 but not yet “in transit” yet. My salesman calls and says HIS COMPUTER shows EDD between 4/13- to 4/15. Then on April 6th, while still in “awaiting shipment” limbo and still showing a 4/19 delivery they add “due to a supplier shortage...” yet EDD still shows 4/19. Here I am, today, 4/10, 6 months and still no car with no realistic end in sight...at least that I can BELIEVE.
If I can ask, what day did you go into "Awaiting Shipment" status? You're the last US car out there that doesn't have that date in the table in the first post of this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...if-youre-waiting-for-a-steering-wheel.118781/

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
If you're awaiting shipment, then the car is built and ready to be loaded into a train (theoretically). I thought I read somewhere in these forums that people were getting the parts shortage message even though their cars were in transit and what not. Seems to be a message they show to anyone that was stuck in the steering wheel shortage (maybe it's based on vin sequence or blend date or whatever).

Also, note that my car took about a week between going into awaiting shipment and the in-transit status.

And you may want to try reaching out to Ford Performance chat too as another check. (https://fmcchat.ford.dxcdynamics.com/chat/chatstart.aspx?domain=www.performanceparts.ford.com) They are open from 9 - 5 EST.

Good luck, it's not pleasant when waiting on an ordered car and you have no info on what is really going on.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I read somewhere in these forums that people were getting the parts shortage message even though their cars were in transit and what not. Seems to be a message they show to anyone that was stuck in the steering wheel shortage (maybe it's based on vin sequence or blend date or whatever).
Yup. I got that message even though my car was already on a train in Ohio.

1bads550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT pp, 17 Fiesta ST, 17 Focus ST, 03 Mustang GT
Yup. I got that message even though my car was already on a train in Ohio.
If u don’t mind me asking what state do u live in, and how long from Ohio to get there? Seems like mine is creeping in Ohio.. 10 miles in 4 days lol

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If u don’t mind me asking what state do u live in, and how long from Ohio to get there? Seems like mine is creeping in Ohio.. 10 miles in 4 days lol
Went to "Awaiting Shipment"
Sat at the plant waiting for shipper acceptance for 6 days then moved to "In Transit".
Sat at the plant without moving for 4 days, even though it showed "In transit"
After those 4 days at the plant, moved the 30 miles to a transfer yard in Toledo, where it sat for 2 days.
After those 2 days, moved 10 miles to a transfer yard in Wallbridge, OH.
1 day later, appeared in a transfer yard in Buffalo, NY
1 day later, appeared in East Brookfield MA at the final rail release center.
Sat at the final rail center for 3 days, then took the 50 mile truck ride to the dealer.

1bads550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Sat at the plant waiting for shipper acceptance for 6 days then moved to "In Transit".
After 4 days at the plant, moved the 30 miles to a transfer yard in Toledo, where it sat for 2 days.
After 2 days, moved 10 miles to a transfer yard in Wallbridge, OH.
After 1 day, appeared in a transfer yard in Buffalo, NY
After 1 day, appeared in East Brookfield MA at the final rail release center.
Sat at the final rail center for 3 days, then took the 50 mile truck ride to the dealer.
Awsome brother! Mine was at transfer point OH on Sunday, Tuesday night was in Toledo OH, today was reported at walbridge OH.. so hopefully in Buffalo Tommorow fingers crossed? Lol trains run on the weekends too correct?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awsome brother! Mine was at transfer point OH on Sunday, Tuesday night was in Toledo OH, today was reported at walbridge OH.. so hopefully in Buffalo Tommorow fingers crossed? Lol trains run on the weekends too correct?
Buffalo would certainly seem possible. Mine was in Wallbridge on a Thursday, Buffalo on a Friday, and East Brookfield on Saturday. Went onto a truck the following Tuesday morning.

East Brookfield is the regional New England distribution point. I'm not sure where the one for NY is.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
After those 4 days at the plant, moved the 30 miles to a transfer yard in Toledo, where it sat for 2 days.
After those 2 days, moved 10 miles to a transfer yard in Wallbridge, OH.
1 day later, appeared in a transfer yard in Buffalo, NY
1 day later, appeared in East Brookfield MA at the final rail release center.
That's pretty detailed. So far everyone's has gotten their car. I am still waiting for mine. I must be the last one. It is awaiting shipment and EDD of 4/27/19.

1bads550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
That's pretty detailed. So far everyone's has gotten their car. I am still waiting for mine. I must be the last one. It is awaiting shipment and EDD of 4/27/19.
Where is yours located

RTB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Don't worry, I'm right there with ya. Been on "awaiting shipment" since 3/23/19. EDD of 4/24/19

Reactions: lew

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Well, yesterday, mine was "in production" and the estimated delivery was 29 days. Today is it "in transit" with estimated time of 15 days, and estimated delivery date of 17 days.

This is the first time since the original estimated day of delivery that the delivery date went down, and is the first time it went from "in production" to anywhere else." That makes me think that at LEAST there is movement toward a positive outcome.

Mine was ordered on 8 Dec 2018 from Chino Hills Ford, Chino Hills, CA. So, you can go from there if you ordered yours later. I cannot imagine what might be wrong if you ordered yours earlier.

Again, when the customer survey comes around, I will NOT be a happy camper with Ford.

No fault of the dealership, and they have been pretty decent and friendly with the exception that I knew the status every time before they ever told me anything. Perhaps because I have a personal interest and the internet is alive and well, that would not be an unexpected outcome. So ... ALMOST a new Mustang driver ... but not YET ... somebody slap me, please.

To put this in perspective, my 2002 Camaro SS had a similar wandering journey from Canada to me when I lived in the Portland, OR area. The only difference was I had car payments on the Camaro and the dealership made the first 3 payments when the car wasn't delivered yet. So, Ford ain't exactly all by their lonesome selves when it comes to poor communication with customers when things go off kilter.
Sponsored