Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 - Hand's On Walkaround!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
No, not at all. How come I knew you’d show up and argue this?

Read up on static compression VS effective compression.

It’s insanity to think ford could and WOULD have a high compression blown engine. This thing is only port injected! It’s last generation coyote tech.
are we not here to gather and share information?

Remember?
He’s gonna mod his new 500 the day he gets it. Then when he breaks something he’ll return it all back to stock and do 200+ key starts so it clears the tune from the ECU.
HE knows more then everyone else.
remember, your on the sidelines arguing about people, im talking about the car and real data. but please, as my posts stated, correct me if im wrong.. oh master of all that is performance
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
are we not here to gather and share information?

remember, your on the sidelines arguing about people, im talking about the car and real data. but please, as my posts stated, correct me if im wrong.. oh master of all that is performance
We are sharing, so instead you still use you coyote on 93 oct argument. You’re not accepting anything people are telling you.

Did you read up on the compression differences? Still come to the same conclusion with a coyote at 12:1??

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
We are sharing, so instead you still use you coyote on 93 oct argument. You’re not accepting anything people are telling you.

Did you read up on the compression differences? Still come to the same conclusion with a coyote at 12:1??
yes, i do know about compression ratios. BUT, to be apples to apples, and inline with manufacturer claims, we cant use ms109 c16 or E85 to compare to boosted coyotes. same way i dont find it acceptable to compare the coyotes with a whipple blower. i have not been to upto speed on the blower differences, but last time i was, whipple blowers made more power easier than any of the rest, eaton to be specific, and KB included. As such, i see no reason to add that in, vs 2650 based s/c coyotes.

all in all, 12psi 5.0l 12.1 cr on 93 octane with a 2650 blower, should make the same as a 5.2 9.5cr 5.2l with 93 octane. However, aftermarket tunes are calibrated slightly more aggressive than an OEM tune, so i could see a FEW hp less, but nothing significant. Power POTENTIAL is much greater for the 5.2, since: A-larger displacement, B-lower compression

Do we agree on that? Otherwise, I dont even know what you are trying to argue with/for

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
9.5:1 CR...lol. Welcome to the industrial revolution. This is 2019 home boy. I legitimately believe the CR will be in the low 10's.

EDIT: Just saw that preview post. Is that final or still pre prod?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
FORD FINALLY ADDED A HOOD STRUT FROM FACTORY

Welp, maybe I'll be buying a GT500 after all... :LOL:

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
9.5:1 CR...lol. Welcome to the industrial revolution. This is 2019 home boy. I legitimately believe the CR will be in the low 10's.

EDIT: Just saw that preview post. Is that final or still pre prod?
It’s been spotted in dealer media. Check the other thread.

9.5:1. That’s exactly what I thought with a blown, PI engine. Can’t go higher really.

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
[QUOTE="

Funny to hear him comment on the same thing we've been discussing regarding the theft potential of the CF Track Package wing. Ford.....are you even listening?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the 10k r spoiler. Also hood struts.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Omg that’s so cool and innovative I’ve been waiting to see this for years. Ford is finally getting things done right look out Camaro and challenger we finally have a hood strut

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
In my opinion, hood struts suck. I don’t see the huge deal about adding them to a car. It doesn’t make a car any better or modern.
As a mechanic I prefer not to work around them.

Reactions: JJ

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
In my opinion, hood struts suck. I don’t see the huge deal about adding them to a car. It doesn’t make a car any better or modern.

I think on a car like the gt500 that’s more than likely going to be at shows more than at a track it’s better to have the hood struts rather than a prop rod. Although that single hood strut does look ridiculous.

Sponsored

Mixxedupmedia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anatole
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Ford F150
Helluva power plant. But a sad interior considering this is the Alpha Dog. Pretty much like any other Mustang.

Don’t get why there are two calipers on the rear brake. Weird.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
As a backyard mechanic, I can't stand prop rods. They always get in the way. I can't tell you how many times I've had to hold the hood up and try to do whatever I'm doing with one hand while holding the hood with the other because that damn rod was in the way

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Helluva power plant. But a sad interior considering this is the Alpha Dog. Pretty much like any other Mustang.

The electric e-brake system allows for a healthy and simple regular brake caliper.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

It's the standard formula so they can offer this level of performance without breaking the bank. The seats maybe be unique, some additional cosmetic touches, etc., not unexpected.

The extra small caliper is the parking brake, regular Mustangs use a "drum-like" parking brake that's inside the rear rotor.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The electric e-brake system allows for a healthy and simple regular brake caliper.
Oh is it E vs. not, or is there also some kind of performance perk for not having a frictional surface on the interior of the rotor?

I think it's #3, it looks pretty F-in cool :D
Sponsored