Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 - Hand's On Walkaround!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice find! First clear shots I've seen of the air cleaner assembly, etc. So thanks for posting that.

Funny to hear him comment on the same thing we've been discussing regarding the theft potential of the CF Track Package wing. Ford.....are you even listening?

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Nice find! First clear shots I've seen of the air cleaner assembly, etc. So thanks for posting that.

Funny to hear him comment on the same thing we've been discussing regarding the theft potential of the CF Track Package wing. Ford.....are you even listening?
I thought that was kind of funny also. I would hate to lose a wing like that. Also I think that is the first video under the hood?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe it was the first under hood video. I've seen partial under hood shots but no video. You can see the rain tray in place too.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Most excellent!

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Not sure how he knows, but 9.5:1 CR. Exactly what I guessed in the previous threads.

And that’s why a 5.0 with a whipple can make 700+ because of 12:1 CR.

This car might actually only make 720 hp like was said. “Twice the hp of the original GT500”.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I am still having a hard time with this thing being speed limited. Now its because the car isn't designed for high speed tracks??? I want the truth dammit. I'd really like to know. If something happens at high speed ( you know someone will remove the limiter immediately and try a high speed run) that causes turbulence around the car, or lift, or whatever, it sure would be nice to know.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That single hood shock though...:facepalm:
Looks so out of place.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am still having a hard time with this thing being speed limited. Now its because the car isn't designed for high speed tracks??? I want the truth dammit. I'd really like to know. If something happens at high speed ( you know someone will remove the limiter immediately and try a high speed run) that causes turbulence around the car, or lift, or whatever, it sure would be nice to know.
You might as well wonder what's going on at KXTA, homey.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
The guy in the video made at least two incorrect statements, but whatevs.
I don't have the bandwidth to watch it, what statements?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I guess that would be relatively easily fixed by using bolts with a proprietary head and supply a matching wrench. Kinda like a wheel lock nut.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I worked with this type of hardware in my career and it was the first thought in my mind when I saw closeups of the wing. The masses likely won't know about it and somebody is gonna get pinched.

I was told that at some point there was a directive within Ford styling that none of these fasteners be exposed. Looks like that flew out the window when the fender vents did.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Nice, love the carbon fiber against the orange, it both contrasts and compliments.

The Carbon package should come with an exposed CF hood vent :)
Sponsored