Sponsored

Ford Trademarks "Mustang Mach-E" Name (and new Pony Badge)

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Whilst I'd actually welcome the Mach E badge being put on the hybrid S550/S650..........I have a horrible feeling Ford are going to put it on the "Mustang Inspired" electric SUV.........and if that pony IS put on an SUV, I'll be the first to get on a plane and head to Detroit with my pitchfork :angry:
I'll grab some torches and join you :)

torches.jpg

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I'll grab some torches and join you :)

torches.jpg

They only changed the name I believe. Are the negative posts going to do anything about it?

I think so. Ford watches his place...

They are only out like 250 bucks for each trademark application. They can light up another logo if there is enough push back.

Maybe a blue glowing “Mach-E”...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If their plan is to put the Mach E badge on the SUV, then I'm optimistic this "Mustang Mach-E" will be the crossover EV setup adapted to the Mustang for a full-ev version. If they put the Mustang name on the SUV, I'm sure it'll get ugly around here. I'm worried that's what they'll do since they've already confirmed it's getting Mustang tail lights. Woof.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
If their plan is to put the Mach E badge on the SUV, then I'm optimistic this "Mustang Mach-E" will be the crossover EV setup adapted to the Mustang for a full-ev version. If they put the Mustang name on the SUV, I'm sure it'll get ugly around here. I'm worried that's what they'll do since they've already confirmed it's getting Mustang tail lights. Woof.

If they are the curved ones from the 2018 and up then they don’t really count. If they are true tri-bars then that is verboten...

Sponsored

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Just nasty:( Let Mustang stay a Mustang. anyone remember New coke?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Mach - E?

What the heck is that?

It means nothing.

Mach 1 is a measurement of speed.

Mach - E is like saying its a measurement with no quantifier, but “hey, it’s electric!”

Whoever is in charge of marketing needs to grow a spine and say no to crap like that.

Which brings me to... the pinto badge.

It looks like crap. The design, even if there never was a normal Mustang pony, looks bad. It looks more like the poop the Mustang makes than the shape of the horse.

Either this is a Mustang, in which case, the usual pony design will de a much better Job (Doesn’t matter if it’s electric anymore than if it’s a v6).

And if it’s not a Mustang car, then get the heck out of here with a pony badge!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
They also showed the Mustang badge on the frontend of the SUV concept in the future of Ford trailer with Brian Cranston. Since the SUV was initially announced under the "Mach 1" name I have the feeling that Mustang Mach-E will for real be the E-SUV

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Just nasty:( Let Mustang stay a Mustang. anyone remember New coke?
Wasn't that just rebranded Pepsi?

Why is Ford screwing with a winning formula? Some things you leave alone. New vs Old Coke is an excellent example. I guess if the Mustang can survive the "Bad Old Days" of the mid 70's it can survive almost anything. For those of you too young to remember those were some bleak times.
download.jpg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
They also showed the Mustang badge on the frontend of the SUV concept in the future of Ford trailer with Brian Cranston. Since the SUV was initially announced under the "Mach 1" name I have the feeling that Mustang Mach-E will for real be the E-SUV
In that commercial it's hard to tell if it's the SUV or just a next-gen Mustang teaser. But yeah I have a bad feeling they'll try to put the SUV under the Mustang name. I remember an article a year or two ago talking about how Ford sees the potential of the "Mustang" brand and wanting to branch out with the name...

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If they are the curved ones from the 2018 and up then they don’t really count. If they are true tri-bars then that is verboten...
This is what was shown, looks like slightly more angled versions of the 2015s.
ford_100669156_h.jpg

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I would have no problem with the Mach E name being on a high performance all electric Mustang in the future. Just curious if anyone is going to improve the infrastructure to actually support all these new electric cars? It takes decades to get things in place.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
In that commercial it's hard to tell if it's the SUV or just a next-gen Mustang teaser. But yeah I have a bad feeling they'll try to put the SUV under the Mustang name. I remember an article a year or two ago talking about how Ford sees the potential of the "Mustang" brand and wanting to branch out with the name...
Shakespeare came up with the line "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

Too bad he had no way of knowing that one day there would be such a thing as MBAs.

Norm

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Mustang sales are dropping. Ford is producing fewer and fewer cars. The only way to save the Mustang will be to adapt. I don't care what they call them as long as they are fun and not stupidly expensive.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Mustang sales are dropping. Ford is producing fewer and fewer cars. The only way to save the Mustang will be to adapt. I don't care what they call them as long as they are fun and not stupidly expensive.
Or truck-ish, SUV-ish, or crossover-ish . . .

Norm
Sponsored