Sponsored

Procharger Stage 1 Kit is a huge disappointment!

OP
OP
DiabloStang

DiabloStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What did the ProCharger Team say when you called them about this issue?
Nothing really. They said the datalog I gave them looked fine. I guess I expected more power, it def pulls hard up top but like I said it wasn’t all that impressed.
Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Nothing really. They said the datalog I gave them looked fine. I guess I expected more power, it def pulls hard up top but like I said it wasn’t all that impressed.
That's honestly just the nature of a stick car with a centri blower. For stick cars I will always say a PD style blower is much better suited and fun to drive.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Check the bypass valve for correct operation, check for boost leaks, get a real tune. The blower will make power, just have to track down any issues you may have.

Great first post tho. Kinda trollish but hey I'm down to help folks out, real issues or not.
I agree 100%

LOL

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Id verify its making 8psi..

Im gonna be honest with you though. My 850rwhp whipple car was downright FAST. but it didn't feel as fast as my 700rwhp 13 GT500. these S550's are really refined.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Id verify its making 8psi..

Im gonna be honest with you though. My 850rwhp whipple car was downright FAST. but it didn't feel as fast as my 700rwhp 13 GT500. these S550's are really refined.
Have to agree big time. They're so smooth. no violent shit making you think it's making 3,000. Just look down and a blip from 50-130 happens real quick.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
couple of things stick out -bama tune, immediate blame on parts before anything wrong has been determined.. your in California take you car to shawn at Aed ,when he's done with your car you will see that the only thing to blame is you. I hope you write a retraction when it gets fixed....

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Tune, you not driving the car where it makes power, maf could be maxing out, you could be out of fuel, any exhaust mods?

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
couple of things stick out -bama tune, immediate blame on parts before anything wrong has been determined.. your in California take you car to shawn at Aed ,when he's done with your car you will see that the only thing to blame is you. I hope you write a retraction when it gets fixed....
Best advice posted on this thread...

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Also need to understand the powerband of your centrifugal blower and adjust your expectations. If you want the "instant hit" as soon as you hit the gas, a pd blower on a stick car is the way to go.

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
View attachment 351422 I just installed a CARB legal P-1SC kit on my 2017 GT PP mustang and it sucks! I haven't verified the boost pressure, but according to procharger this kit should produce around 8 psi. Below 3500 RPMs the car feels slower then stock and mildly faster above 3500. I had a BAMA race tune with a CAI intake on it before I installed the kit so i'm assuming it had around 400 whp. Throttle response felt great and I could spin my 305 Nitto's in third in the right power band. I'm guessing this kits maybe makes 500 whp. I was under the impression slapping this kit would dramatically improve the acceleration but was sadly mistaken. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know if a custom tune will improve the whp without adding addition components ?
Typical proleaker crap tune. Go custom or you gonna hate your stage 1

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Also need to understand the powerband of your centrifugal blower and adjust your expectations. If you want the "instant hit" as soon as you hit the gas, a pd blower on a stick car is the way to go.
Paddle on left side of steering wheel adds a ton of instant hit on my procharger setup.