Sponsored

Fess up... who was it? Mustang spins 360 in front of semi!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Video: https://players.brightcove.net/5436121868001/default_default/index.html?videoId=6018459776001

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.42.54 AM 3.jpg

Story: https://jalopnik.com/mustang-crashes-into-semi-truck-in-near-cinematic-360-d-1833603487

NBC Miami reports that this wreck happened Sunday morning on Interstate 95 near the city of Miami Gardens, when semi driver Ignacio Roman was heading to the Port of Miami for a delivery. A Mustang came almost out of nowhere on the left side of his dash cam, did a 360-degree spin in front of the semi, then straightened out and continued on—damage and all—like it didn’t happen.

Roman told NBC Miami he had to move to the right to avoid a worse crash with the Mustang, but it didn’t save his truck from harm. A video interview with NBC Miami showed damage to the front of the driver’s side of the semi, and the dash-cam video showed that the Mustang got beat up as well.

Roman told NBC Miami he hopes the Florida Highway Patrol can find the driver, since he thinks the wreck might have collected more people and could have been fatal if it happened on another day of the week.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
They should have popped it into reverse when they spun 180 degrees and avoided the collision altogether.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
^^^^ That’s what James Rockford would have done.
It's what I hope I would have done. I used to practice doing a 180 into reverse in my teens back in the mid 90s with my Camaro Z28 (auto). I haven't done it since then, though. I bet this guy wishes he had that practice under his belt.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Very slick driving. Right up til he crashes.:giggle:

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
It was me in the semi. I decided to let him live as he might be a member here.

See I’m good that way! :like:

Dwardmba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT (401a, PP, Magneride, active exhaust)
Or they could have been an EcoBoost with the Godzilla swap?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Or they could have been an EcoBoost with the Godzilla swap?
No, if he had the heavy iron block up front he
would never have recovered. This happened with a fox body Mustang I had with the old iron block Windsor. When you start spinning the car just keeps rotating around the engine till you hit something. For me it was about 120kmh on a freeway going over an expansion joint. Those death trap Goodyear Gatorbacks were the main culprits but once you start spinning there is no “spin and win” this time. Your fate is litterally in the hands of God. The Godzilla would be even harder...

Maybe you are the exception. Maybe you are Danny Sulivan’s son and can do it.

Not me...

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I was just bored, that's all.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

The rigs are faster than they seem if empty and can really get up to cruising speed faster than you think. So Mr. Mustang figures he has more time to get in front than he actually has, clips the wall or the truck and spins and takes off because he knows he was in the wrong...

The bane of my life with these overconfident clowns cutting in front of heavy trucks. We will be going home that night but the other guy?

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The rigs are faster than they seem if empty and can really get up to cruising speed faster than you think. So Mr. Mustang figures he has more time to get in front than he actually has, clips the wall or the truck and spins and takes off because he knows he was in the wrong...

The bane of my life with these overconfident clowns cutting in front of heavy trucks. We will be going home that night but the other guy?
try trains.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the new Gymkhana video!
Sponsored