OP
OP
dom418

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I didn't notice if you have stripes. IMHO, stripes are all or nothing. If you only do partial stripes, it will look bad. Matte stripes need Xpel stealth.
No stripes Tom
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I would do as your thinking.. Entire front including A pillar and roof line and the areas that you have marked.. I would also include the are behind the rear wheel. My car is wrapped in the same way

fullsizeoutput_b6b-jpeg.jpg
This is similar to what I am getting, just not the Pillars and roof line. I'm also having the plastic between the tail lights done as lots of dirt rests there.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you are taking the car to the track and want to keep nice paint I would lean toward covering all forward and side facing surfaces. The leading edge of the roof will definitely take some hits as well, but the trunk and rear of the car don't need it.

One thing I've had some problems with is the lines of the PPF show up if you get any sealant on them. I tape the edges whenever I apply sealant and I've worked to clean the edges as much as possible, but they still show. I'm sure it will be better on a yellow car than it is on my black car, though.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Are the rock guards those things that you use to defeat some of the aerodynamic provisions on the car because you are more worried about appearance than function?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Yes

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are the rock guards those things that you use to defeat some of the aerodynamic provisions on the car because you are more worried about appearance than function?
I don't think rock guards on the forward portion of the rocker panels disturbs aero at all. In fact, the suggestion that the area has any aerodynamic significance is questionable. I've used rock guards on the track and compared the stability with and without them. No difference at either top speed or road course turns.

I think rock guards are a great add on that help protect the paint and PPF (ESPECIALLY R's). I have them on all mine. That sound of rocks bouncing all around is a little easier to take knowing they are on there.

Zl1 addons are not as good as the Jaeger brothers automotive. The Jaeger guards easily come off and go on with no double backed tape.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Here's my thoughts that drove my decisions on PPF.
If you're even remotely stretching to debate the fact that there's any significant difference in aero around the wheel wells that would in any manner what-so-ever alter the feel or performance of the car at any speed you (should) see on a public road in exchange for some saved paint dings for someone who significantly places a tremendous amount of value in the condition of my paint, then yes, yes I am.

My Jaeger's are in the mail today!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here's my thoughts that drove my decisions on PPF.

If you're even remotely stretching to debate the fact that there's any significant difference in aero around the wheel wells that would in any manner what-so-ever alter the feel or performance of the car at any speed you (should) see on a public road in exchange for some saved paint dings for someone who significantly places a tremendous amount of value in the condition of my paint, then yes, yes I am.

My Jaeger's are in the mail today!
I was skeptical about the Jaeger brothers rock guards, but after seeing how easily they go on (and come off) and how secure they are in place, I was convinced. You are going to like them Jon.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Get the whole car done we do at least three cars a day with XPEL and Suntek for 3500.00 Canadian.See some of the work on youtube at Derand

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think rock guards on the forward portion of the rocker panels disturbs aero at all. In fact, the suggestion that the area has any aerodynamic significance is questionable. I've used rock guards on the track and compared the stability with and without them. No difference at either top speed or road course turns.

I think rock guards are a great add on that help protect the paint and PPF (ESPECIALLY R's). I have them on all mine. That sound of rocks bouncing all around is a little easier to take knowing they are on there.

Zl1 addons are not as good as the Jaeger brothers automotive. The Jaeger guards easily come off and go on with no double backed tape.
True that area may not do much. I'm not an expert on aero. Maybe Ford put it there for no good reason (doesn't seem likely to me).

I've noticed the Ford GT has a similar opening behind the front wheels. It's fully enclosed and much larger, though. Probably nobody puts rock guards on the Ford GT version. I wonder how much aerodynamic impact it has on the Ford GT?
Sponsored