Sponsored

Moved to “in-production” but was told being built next Friday?

1bads550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT pp, 17 Fiesta ST, 17 Focus ST, 03 Mustang GT
Well finally got my window sticker and moved to in production, had my blend date I think on the window sticker as 3/22 but build date is the 29th... wat exactly is a “blend date”? Searched other forum page and wasn’t clear to me
B359D5E1-A5A3-4088-B8F5-D6AB636502D0.jpeg
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The "blend date" is the date the car was originally scheduled to come off the production line when the car was first queued for production, approximately 8 weeks before the nominal blend date. The unexpected parts shortage has pushed the schedule back for many cars, so an original blend date of 3/22 with a new production date of 3/29 is not surprising.

Your car takes 3 to 4 days to run down the production line, so it will go "Into Production" several days before the official production date.

EDIT: Nope. I looked at your sticker after my prior post. Your blend date of 3/29 is shown at the top center of the sticker, right above the word "blend".
Capture.JPG

OP
OP

1bads550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT pp, 17 Fiesta ST, 17 Focus ST, 03 Mustang GT
The "blend date" is the date the car was originally scheduled to come off the production line when the car was first queued for production, approximately 8 weeks before the nominal blend date. The unexpected parts shortage has pushed the schedule back for many cars, so an original blend date of 3/22 with a new production date of 3/29 is not surprising.

Your car takes 3 to 4 days to run down the production line, so it will go "Into Production" several days before the official production date.

EDIT: Nope. I looked at your sticker after my prior post. Your blend date of 3/29 is shown at the top center of the sticker, right above the word "blend".
Capture.JPG
Ohh ok that makes since, there telling me it should be delivered between 4/4 and 4/10... does that sound realistic to you?

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
They may make that date, but only is things go as plan. In production means they are starting to designate assembled parts for your car. As the chassis begins it’s journey down the final assembly line, and the completed engine, transmission, front end, grille, etc. are blended with the chassis. That is what they mean by blend date
Sponsored