Sponsored

BMR Suspension's New S550 Rear Upper SHOCK MOUNTS: SM760 - Design Finalized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's literally borderline inhumane to tell us that....but all is forgiven if you give us your impressions
Plan on hearing those on Friday.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Arrived! Might install tonight!
0319191452.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And they're on! Install was pretty easy. About an hour. Toughest part (this happens with any shock mount) is compressing the FP Track shocks enough to get them in place. They have a pretty darn stiff low speed compression, which is great for handling but it makes installing shocks interesting! Definitely requires some brute force. Getting the bolt through with the spacers and o-rings requires a little patience but isn't difficult. The rest is cake.

Onto the performance....
As expected, the ride is notably more supple and controlled compared with the stock mount. I've experienced this with other mounts too. The shock is actually allowed to do its thing, respond instantly without some rubber getting in the way, and no bind during arm articulation. I haven't gone over any surfaces yet that typically cause a little bit of bounce, but I will be sure to update the review soon with that. From a handling perspective, all the things mentioned above also contribute to a more planted and responsive car. Cornering over bumps, it's definitely more settled, less perturbed. Transitional handling seems a little quicker and smoother. I should also add that there are no noises to speak of from the mounts: no clicks or clunks of any kind.
0319191652.jpg

Last edited:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
@BMR Tech kelly, what is the wait time as of right now ? Or if anybody knows.

My Vorshlags are taking longer than I expected

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice Bmac!

Now just waiting patiently on them being compatible with the Steeda shocks...

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Already getting amazing feedback!

Thank you to those who support our operation, it means a lot!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
And they're on! Install was pretty easy. About an hour. Toughest part (this happens with any shock mount) is compressing the FP Track shocks enough to get them in place. They have a pretty darn stiff low speed compression, which is great for handling but it makes installing shocks interesting! Definitely requires some brute force. Getting the bolt through with the spacers and o-rings requires a little patience but isn't difficult. The rest is cake.

Onto the performance....
As expected, the ride is notably more supple and controlled compared with the stock mount. I've experienced this with other mounts too. The shock is actually allowed to do its thing, respond instantly without some rubber getting in the way, and no bind during arm articulation. I haven't gone over any surfaces yet that typically cause a little bit of bounce, but I will be sure to update the review soon with that. From a handling perspective, all the things mentioned above also contribute to a more planted and responsive car. Cornering over bumps, it's definitely more settled, less perturbed. Transitional handling seems a little quicker and smoother. I should also add that there are no noises to speak of from the mounts: no clicks or clunks of any kind.
0319191652.jpg
Dumb question and just out of curiosity but with the increased shock travel, would you use stock length bumpstops or still trim them?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question and just out of curiosity but with the increased shock travel, would you use stock length bumpstops or still trim them?
I kept my trimmed stops but you could easily use stock length.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For those interested in this who have the Steeda fixed shocks or Koni orange, I have found an M10x1.0 rod end that would fit and be compatible. It looks to be a quality piece, although I do know the FK bearing rod end Kelly spec'd in the SM760 is of the highest quality, and is possibly better. I don't think it'd be anything to worry about.
https://www.autosport-bearings.co.u...ing-10mm-bore-m10x1-thread-female-right-hand/

@ChitownStang @moarhorsepower
Thanks for the suggestion @BmacIL ! @BMR Tech - any issue you see using these?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Those look like they would work just fine. They are PTFE lined, so they should work well.

DMassey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When I installed my SP080 springs I did not trim my bumpstops in anticipation of these mounts being released. With the springs and this mount, i still have a net gain of .50" shock travel over stock. So that's why i left the bumpstops stock.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
When I installed my SP080 springs I did not trim my bumpstops in anticipation of these mounts being released. With the springs and this mount, i still have a net gain of .50" shock travel over stock. So that's why i left the bumpstops stock.
Thanks for that. I'll end up doing the same.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the support everyone!

We have shipped over 50 sets of these out already and are now working on our second and third batches.

People are loving them!

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Mine will be here Monday, plan to immediately install them on top of my Cliking ( Clunking Viking ) crusaders and immediately toss some boost at em.....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.