Sponsored

What's your blend date if you're waiting for a steering wheel?

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My order is still in Production mode on the tracker, my sticker also now has 3/13/19 on the bottom, it first said 2/13/19. Could that date merely be when the online stickers were last updated in Ford’s database? Just my guess...
As far as my dealer knows, my order and his identical order have not yet been “pulled” - car dealer lingo I did not ask to clarify - but he was not happy about that. Knowing my luck the extra twin cars will show up on my dealer’s lot this week lol. Hoping Zooks527 progress and everyone else’s continues positively.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
At least you get to still see your window sticker. Mine has been unavailable for over a week.
Mine, which was available yesterday with a 3/13 date at the bottom, also became unavailable this morning.

Interesting. Then again, I haven't been tending to use the link to see the sticker that often, as I downloaded it when it first became available. I only did it yesterday to see what date was on the bottom, and tried again to day to see if that date changed with the first day of the week.

Edit: Huh. A half hour later and it's back. Still 3/13 at the bottom.

As far as my dealer knows, my order and his identical order have not yet been “pulled” - car dealer lingo I did not ask to clarify - but he was not happy about that. Knowing my luck the extra twin cars will show up on my dealer’s lot this week lol.
If the orders haven't been pulled yet, it means that Ford is currently planning to ship him two custom built cars that he didn't originally have plans to sell. He'll likely get whole in the end, farming them out to another dealer if need be, but it's work he wasn't planning on. Another issue is just what you said - he'll have twins. It's a killer when someone walks in and says, "Oh, that would be just what I want, if only it were <insert color here>" and you can't try to flip the person to a different color that you have on the lot.

Last edited:

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
My window sticker also got stuck at 3/13. FordPerfChat says my Mustang is off the train and on a truck, the dealer is only about 45 minutes from the railyard but delivery date is 3/25 to 3/29. Huh?

The biggest failure of the whole process (so far) has been Ford's lack of communication and nonsense dates.

1bads550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT pp, 17 Fiesta ST, 17 Focus ST, 03 Mustang GT
My production date got moved from 3/26 to 3/29... but was told delivery was originally 4/10... and now as you guys can see it got moved to 4/4-4/10.. hopefully some of your guys cars with no steering wheels will get built that week!
EC44C3C4-9BE3-472A-A487-470DB5EA7649.png

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
The date in the lower border of my window sticker has just changed for the fourth time, to 3/17/2019. I wonder if that means my Mustang has arrived at the NC rail yard and is to now be loaded on a truck? I'm going to hope so.

If my theory holds, there should be one final date change. The date the vehicle arrives at the dealer. I believe this just applies to your internet window sticker, the one on the ford vehicle tracking site. Now the actual window sticker on the car window probably has no date in the lower border, if the sticker is applied at the factory.

When and where do they apply the actual window sticker?

This is all a WAG, anyone else notice their window sticker lower border date change?
So it does mean a status change when your date changes. My dealer just called me and said the train was in at the Winston-Salem rail yard.

They are suppose to load it on the truck and deliver post haste, so this week. I'm excited now!

Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So it does mean a status change when your date changes. My dealer just called me and said the train was in at the Winston-Salem rail yard.

They are suppose to load it on the truck and deliver post haste, so this week. I'm excited now!
Maybe the sticker change matters for some that are in process BUT my new car purchased this past weekend and was delivered to the dealer on 2/21/19 per Carfax ALSO has a sticker date of 3/13/19 - I am sticking to my theory that is the date stickers are updated in the Ford system because all of the events related to this vehicle would have already passed. Maybe it is accounting for the unsold units based on window stickers as of that date? Also more evidence is the window sticker update to 3/13/19 for my lost order which is still Producing - no event there at all yet to trigger a sticker date change. New car purchased below:
EE8925F5-27E3-4DB8-B166-9C4626854D52.jpeg

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
I just noticed your sticker does not say "special order" in the box just above and a little to the right of the border date. I went to look at mine and it has "special order," so there is that.

Whatever that means. I just know that every time the tracker changed, the date on my sticker had already changed by a day or two.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I just noticed your sticker does not say "special order" in the box just above and a little to the right of the border date. I went to look at mine and it has "special order," so there is that.

Whatever that means. I just know that every time the tracker changed, the date on my sticker had already changed by a day or two.
Yes you are correct, it was a dealer order I think - miracle birth!! since supposedly the dates it was produced and delivered were around the mexican strike shutdown. I just was pointing out that mine too was showing 3/13/19 - maybe ALL unsold cars’ stickers have this date?

Chs51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The vehicle tracker just keeps GOING UP each day instead of down ( blend date of 1/23/19)! I get depressed every 3 days when I look at it. Neither the dealer nor Ford can give me any USEFUL, TRUTHFUL, information. I just don’t know what I can do except wait.

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Ordered 8/21
Promised contract 7/25
Actual contract 8/29
Promised blend 11/8
Windowsticker mid of Jan
Blend on WS 1/21
In production 2/14

Update beginning this week:
Still on lot waiting; edd 5/25 !!!!! (Europe)

Second update from importer after complaining:

Waiting cars are rarely repaired. It can take weeks and happens randomly.
This is partly due to the limited supply of extra steering and capacity. Zooks' estimates are therefore still optimistic.
To make it worse for Europe. No view of gate release and after gate release 12 weeks overseas shipping.
The problem is that there are hardly any cars in stock here. Canceling is actually not an option either.
Just confirmed by Ford-chat:
Still in production since 2-14 and not possible to give an estimated time for shipping or ETA at dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The vehicle tracker just keeps GOING UP each day instead of down ( blend date of 1/23/19)! I get depressed every 3 days when I look at it. Neither the dealer nor Ford can give me any USEFUL, TRUTHFUL, information. I just don’t know what I can do except wait.
Yeah, if you're stuck waiting for a wheel (and with a 1/23 blend you most likely are), the tracker starts counting up after you pass the original delivery estimate. The tracking page doesn't handle exceptions like this at all well.

Still, mine changed state after sitting "At Production / Produced" for about a month. It seems to indicate that they're working through the pile (assuming it really is awaiting shipment).

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
Guys we have all
Yes you are correct, it was a dealer order I think - miracle birth!! since supposedly the dates it was produced and delivered were around the mexican strike shutdown. I just was pointing out that mine too was showing 3/13/19 - maybe ALL unsold cars’ stickers have this date?
Mine is custom order. It's mine but technically isn't sold and has 03/15/19. Blend date: 03/22/19.

Btw you were right about the lower date. Tried to download sticker today and it was 03/15/19. Didn't changed.

Duffman8887

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Alright guys got an update...the mustang has moved to In Transit as of today. Order Date 1/15
Blend Date 2/25. Car has been Awaiting Shipment since 2/27. Original EDD was 3/16. The 16th came and all of a sudden it said 4/7 EDD. Well today i looked at it and it’s on a Convoy coming this way. Current EDD is 3/30. If it’s not steering wheels should i assume it took 2.5 weeks to fill a convoy with cars coming this way?
24D3186A-56BA-4C9F-8A43-A7C06FDB966E.png
A4A03AD3-F1E4-4DB2-AA7D-5A79F8AE773C.png

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Alright guys got an update...the mustang has moved to In Transit as of today. Order Date 1/15
Blend Date 2/25. Car has been Awaiting Shipment since 2/27. Original EDD was 3/16. The 16th came and all of a sudden it said 4/7 EDD. Well today i looked at it and it’s on a Convoy coming this way. Current EDD is 3/30. If it’s not steering wheels should i assume it took 2.5 weeks to fill a convoy with cars coming this way?
24D3186A-56BA-4C9F-8A43-A7C06FDB966E.png
A4A03AD3-F1E4-4DB2-AA7D-5A79F8AE773C.png
Based on your production date I think you should have avoided the steering wheel issue....