Sponsored

GT500 takes to the street and track in Las Vegas

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I hate this kids channel, but he does get some content. Is there a schedule of where this/these cars will be? ill make some trips myself
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
So most likely the new GT500 is going to trap over 135MPH stock.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I hate this kids channel, but he does get some content. Is there a schedule of where this/these cars will be? ill make some trips myself
My guess is it’s a media event and it was a “first ride” thing but is embargoed that’s why you saw zero ride video or info.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So most likely the new GT500 is going to trap over 135MPH stock.
i think he said " And its not just 10.99. Straight out of the factory, you go to Test and Tune, they might ask you to come back with a roll cage and helmet"

That to me eludes to the leaked 10.8/133 times. which on a street tire and pump gas would be fantastic

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I could see the car needing a roll bar. if the final HP numbers are in the high 700s and a set of drag radials are offered from the factory! Instead of the 720 that was leaked. Even the 755 Easter egg would put you close to the 135 trap. At least here in the northeast where I race. But your not likely to break into the 9s with a car that’s putting 660ish to the wheels. My guess is it’ll be competitive with Demons on test and tune night. Once a set of drag radials are thrown on. But it’ll run high 10s on factory tires. Maybe they have a drag pack up their sleeves. Like the other manufactures are doing. And a set of NTo5rs will come right from the factory??? Who knows? This cloak and dagger sh!t got old two years ago.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I believe NOTHING Used car salesman Jim Owens says. Guys to wishy washy

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Grammar nazi on... allude vs elude.

Word to Travis at SVTP from engineers at Ford while in Detroit was upper 10.8's @133mph. And you're right - on street rubber without race gas those are very impressive numbers.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
The sad thing is, we don’t know who or what to believe. To many things are said and without proof or stats. I’ll believe it when I see it.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’m no drag racer, but literally see a 2018 A10 on e85 and a CAI just run a [email protected]. So the GT500 with 200 more hp at least can’t do 8 more mph?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I’m no drag racer, but literally see a 2018 A10 on e85 and a CAI just run a [email protected]. So the GT500 with 200 more hp at least can’t do 8 more mph?
Did you notice if the GT had its interior or not? Steeda has got a na GT down to spitting distance of needing a roll bar. But they are in a gutted race car. Where as the GT500 will have a full luxury interior. And the best of everything offered on a Mustang. Everyone loves to say their NA daily driver runs 10s. But how many daily drivers do you see running around on a stripped interior. And kirkey race seat. Like the Steeda car?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Did you notice if the GT had its interior or not? Steeda has got a na GT down to spitting distance of needing a roll bar. But they are in a gutted race car. Where as the GT500 will have a full luxury interior. And the best of everything offered on a Mustang. Everyone loves to say their NA daily driver runs 10s. But how many daily drivers do you see running around on a stripped interior. And kirkey race seat. Like the Steeda car?
I’ll look for the FB post again, not sure which page it was on. I know he stated slight weight reduction. Idk if that meant pulling seats and interior or like spare tire/emergency tire inflator.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I could see the car needing a roll bar. if the final HP numbers are in the high 700s and a set of drag radials are offered from the factory! Instead of the 720 that was leaked. Even the 755 Easter egg would put you close to the 135 trap. At least here in the northeast where I race. But your not likely to break into the 9s with a car that’s putting 660ish to the wheels. My guess is it’ll be competitive with Demons on test and tune night. Once a set of drag radials are thrown on. But it’ll run high 10s on factory tires. Maybe they have a drag pack up their sleeves. Like the other manufactures are doing. And a set of NTo5rs will come right from the factory??? Who knows? This cloak and dagger sh!t got old two years ago.
I doubt it, Ford knows they have a gigantic aftermarket, why bother offering what 70% of buyers are going to do day 1 and add risk to their bottom line legal issues, etc. Im up here too, and the stock #s look promising.

im putting 40% of my DP down today, and the other 60% when we fill out the order in the summer. Once that one is done, Im ordering some MT's to sit at Frans/RPM, and then when i pick the car up, hit the dyno on 93, head to cecil on street tires, then following day run on ms109 ( or E85 if PBD has the tune already) swap tires and track it again.

If its delivered be fore any of these Sept/Oct dates, we are in for a real treat

50853158_2381988438537884_4987334350740652032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I know of a couple A10 cars that have gone 10's on motor with pretty basic mods and are not tin cans.

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
He’s claiming it’ll need a roll cage for test and tune nights. For those non drag racers. Current rules are 10.0 and a trap speed of no more than 135. Another lofty claim. Like venom kills demons.

Wow, 10 sec! Because I have not drag raced in years and am primarily a road course guy when did this number change? I had a big turbo SRT4 that ran 11s. The first outing with it was in Vegas during the Friday night grudge matches. It ran a mid 11 and they pulled me because of the speed and no cage.
Sponsored