Sponsored

3.7 Forced induction

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I not worried about doing the kit with what it comes with at the basic level. I am just working through all the available options for us and theorizing more than anything.

Few things will happen with me and its based on whats going on with me still here in Germany and what if i sell my current kit.

Scenario one: Since I am here for quite a bit longer i will sell my current kit...which is not what i want to do. This depends on if i can get back to the States for a couple of weeks and actually post the dang thing up for sale and it be prepared to just ship if sold.

Scenario two: I dont sell work on the kit keep preparing over the long term, and I continue to enage in the discussions and watch as the few of us go after this build type so when its time i csn knock it out the park.

Scenario three: It sells and I just keep saving money for something bigger till i get back stateside aka the NPG single turbo. This is my least preferred option. No fun in just slapping something on and not having a larbor of love to call my own.

All in all i am in limbo for now...and i hate it.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ok stupid question time....

Can one connect the wastegate vac port to the compressor outlet? I would think so since the wastegate should require boost to actuate. Should not matter if it comes from the intake manifold when under boost. It would not have a strong source of vacuum though at low throttle... The question would be whether or not Ford relied on vac to assist the wastegate in remaining closed until boost was achieved...

Last edited:

Ramn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R

Can one connect the wastegate vac port to the compressor outlet? I would think so since the wastegate should require boost to actuate. Should not matter if it comes from the intake manifold when under boost. It would not have a strong source of vacuum though at low throttle... The question would be whether or not Ford relied on vac to assist the wastegate in remaining closed until boost was achieved...
Yes, my last car had a line from the compressor outlet to the wastegate. The wastegate should remain closed due to spring pressure alone.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6

Yes this is how it is done .You connect boost reference pre throttle body to your wastegate. You run a line post throttle body from your manifold to your blow off / recirc.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
So, I'm about 30% done with my install. Passenger side is pretty much done. So far the hardest part has been figuring out where I want to route the intake and charge tubes and then ordering the correct stuff. It's very cramped on the passenger side next to the radiator and I've changed my setup a couple times. I'm using a different intercooler and intake setup then the supersix kit recommend so I'm having to figure out some alternate routing then what they used.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
So, I'm about 30% done with my install. Passenger side is pretty much done. So far the hardest part has been figuring out where I want to route the intake and charge tubes and then ordering the correct stuff. It's very cramped on the passenger side next to the radiator and I've changed my setup a couple times. I'm using a different intercooler and intake setup then the supersix kit recommend so I'm having to figure out some alternate routing then what they used.
Hope it comes together smoothly my friend. Your using the upgraded CRP billet wheel package and ported manifolds and headers? Whats your IC? Link...

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I just have to say this....ya know you have an addiction to Mustangs when your still replying to car talk on the forums when your on a little vacation in Paris. Lmao.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Hope it comes together smoothly my friend. Your using the upgraded CRP billet wheel package and ported manifolds and headers? Whats your IC? Link...

Yes, crp upgrade kit, spd ported manifolds. I got a used intercooler from a 2017 A4. It was $40 and it tucks perfectly under the bumper. I'm a little concerned about the oil drain on the passenger side. In order to clear the starter I have to bend it almost horizontal. I might take it back off and cut it shorter leaving only like the first 2 corrugations and then run a flexible hose around the outside of the starter. I'm not sure yet.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
And your running the stock size piping for exhaust after turbos? If so i hope the back pressure doesnt rear its head and kill your output. U porting your intakes, if not, i recommend. Your setup will be very interesting i think especially with rhat intercooler. U know the stock specs on it?

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
And your running the stock size piping for exhaust after turbos? If so i hope the back pressure doesnt rear its head and kill your output. U porting your intakes, if not, i recommend. Your setup will be very interesting i think especially with rhat intercooler. U know the stock specs on it?
I'm maxed out on budget for a little while. I intend to start out at a very low boost pressure. I upgraded to turbosmart wastegates and I put 3# springs in there. I'm just going to run on spring pressure to start. I'm not looking to race or anything. Basically just doing it because I like to teach myself how to do things. I do intend to upgrade my exhaust eventually. I'm looking at these:

https://solo-performance.com/ultra-high-flow-converter-assemblyv6-ford-mustang-2015-present

I'm going to be self tuning to start out also (because I want to learn how) so I'm not going to go nuts on power right away. As for the intercooler it fits perfectly and they make lots of aftermarket upgrades for the A4 so I can easily swap it out for a better one later.
20190127_214450.jpg

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
How are u running your turbo air intakes? You think of contacting MPT and see if they have any advice. They have tuned a few of these eco kits and may give u some clarity where to begin when tuning these.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
How are u running your turbo air intakes? You think of contacting MPT and see if they have any advice. They have tuned a few of these eco kits and may give u some clarity where to begin when tuning these.
I actually have a pretty slick idea for the intake. Making it work is a little challenging on the passenger side because there is absolutely no room, but I think i have it figured out. I'm running 2 seperate intakes, one straight to each turbo from openings meant for lights in an aftermarket grille i bought. It has LED running lights around the openings and should look pretty cool at night. The hard part is fitting a filter on the passenger side and having it be serviceable, but I think I've finally figured it out how to make it all fit. I'm calling them "Cobra Nostrils" lol.

My original plan was to use MPT. I actually have their 93prx tune and I love it, but then I decided I'd give it a try myself using HP tuners. It seems straight forward. The only thing I'm not sure about is tuning the cam phasing. I already have the sct tuner from MPT so if I can't figure it out I'll definitely go that route. This is not my car, this is just a picture of the grille. Mine has no lights in the center, it's just a plastic mesh.
49147954_10156425256078860_6984689444133535744_n.jpg

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
My idea was to use the foglight openings. And put in the JLT foglight deletes meant for a brake cooling kit. The other way was to use brackets like Cody did on his build where you have your setup but using my GT grille. The guy who ran the kit i have before me only used turbo screens
399761.jpeg

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
My idea was to use the foglight openings. And put in the JLT foglight deletes meant for a brake cooling kit. The other way was to use brackets like Cody did on his build where you have your setup but using my GT grille. The guy who ran the kit i have before me only used turbo screens
399761.jpeg
I'm not comfortable not running a filter, and I want to be able to service the filters without removing the entire bumper every time. That's what's tricky. It's very tight on the passenger side. You have the wiper fluid bottle, the AC stuff, and the ecu with tons of wiring. Once you take the factory airbox out there is tons of space on the drivers side. I'm not sure how on Cody's build, he can get to that passenger side filter without removing the bumper cover. I also don't want to relocate the wiring loom outside of the engine bay like the supersix instructions want you to.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I'm not comfortable not running a filter, and I want to be able to service the filters without removing the entire bumper every time. That's what's tricky. It's very tight on the passenger side. You have the wiper fluid bottle, the AC stuff, and the ecu with tons of wiring. Once you take the factory airbox out there is tons of space on the drivers side. I'm not sure how on Cody's build, he can get to that passenger side filter without removing the bumper cover. I also don't want to relocate the wiring loom outside of the engine bay like the supersix instructions want you to.
U wouldnt have ro remove the bumper just drop the underskirt cover for the foglight idea. You can check Kody's build video that gives an idea of the brackets and the intake tubing for his version (it literally is the same as you really). Another idea is to mimic the f150 design by using one intake that Ys into two tubes that run to the turbos from the factory airbox location
Sponsored