Sponsored

Steeda Performance Pack Ecoboost / Base Ford Mustang GT Front Two-Piece Floating Rotors -(2015-2019)

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
These with a good pad will be very good. The Brembos will have more ultimate track capability because they can deliver more brake torque and will have better pad wear. The Brembos will also have better brake feel because it's a significantly stiffer caliper. That said, the base brakes with a correctly-vented rotor like these, forced cooling, and some GLOC pads will be very, very good.
To add to this, I don't think most people understand just how good the GT brakes are. The PP brakes are fantastic (in fact there are a few BBK packages available for the s550 that are imo inferior to the PP brembos).

I think those of us with non PP GTs or PP ecoboost Mustangs were given great brakes as well, and these rotors will address their biggest short fall.

As far as group pricing goes I think if you message Steeda you'll be pleasantly surprised with the response.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
If the GT/EBPP brakes had been rear-vented I wouldn’t even think about a brake upgrade until I established that I needed it. That’s really kind of silly, as I think the GT brakes will work fine for me in autoX. These rotors look like a great interim step.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If the GT/EBPP brakes had been rear-vented I wouldn’t even think about a brake upgrade until I established that I needed it. That’s really kind of silly, as I think the GT brakes will work fine for me in autoX. These rotors look like a great interim step.
I can confirm the GT/ eco pp brakes work just fine for autox. I have 0 issues with them, no hints of fade at all. Now suspension, there is some work to be done lol. Magneride can do only so much, need Steeda parts.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm the GT/ eco pp brakes work just fine for autox. I have 0 issues with them, no hints of fade at all. Now suspension, there is some work to be done lol. Magneride can do only so much, need Steeda parts.
Agreed the base brakes are more than capable for autocross with a good pad, even with sticky tires. I'll be upgrading to the Brembos because I plan on doing more track driving.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Agreed the base brakes are more than capable for autocross with a good pad, even with sticky tires. I'll be upgrading to the Brembos because I plan on doing more track driving.
I'm still on stock pads but I'm also a novice so for someone like me they are fine. After another season or two I will likely upgrade the pad and maybe rotor once I get some more seat time.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm still on stock pads but I'm also a novice so for someone like me they are fine. After another season or two I will likely upgrade the pad and maybe rotor once I get some more seat time.
Me too. My thoughts are the same as you.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting on that reply STEEDA
Pretty sure that his answer was to PM him and get a direct offer on pricing, not a group buy deal. And the post right below that suggested you'll get a pretty good discount with the forum pricing on these.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Pretty sure that his answer was to PM him and get a direct offer on pricing, not a group buy deal. And the post right below that suggested you'll get a pretty good discount with the forum pricing on these.
I did....last week.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Still waiting on that reply STEEDA
I just replied to your PM.

Nonetheless, if a handful of guys are interested in buying the kit I all game for setting up a group buy deal as well. :)

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
I just replied to your PM.

Nonetheless, if a handful of guys are interested in buying the kit I all game for setting up a group buy deal as well. :)

Dang, y'all might get a better deal then what I got. How do I get some referral cred for reviving the post????

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Dang, y'all might get a better deal then what I got. How do I get some referral cred for reviving the post????
You continue buying stuff from your favorite rep at Steeda and getting the Forum Hookup :)

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It keeps the stock brembo calipers and just switches to two piece light weight and cooler running slotted rotors and what ever pads you want.

The light weight rotors reduce the rotating mass by 4lbs in the rear and 8 or 9 lbs in the front while also running around 200 degrees cooler on the track, helping prevent pad fade and isolating the wheel bearings from the heat and probably keeping the brake fluid cooler also.

I am already running these rotors on the rear and if a set of Willwoods hadn't fallen into my lap for 50% off, I may very well be running these rotors on my non PP front 4 pistons as I doubt you even need the 6 pots with this set up.

Nonthless it's a significant rotor upgrade for the front PP 6 pistons if you want to shed rotating mass and increase braking efficiency. If you have a PP and are due for new pads and rotors anyway...this should be a no brainer.
50% off! I've been eyeing Willwoods for a while how do you like them?
Sponsored