Sponsored

Steeda Performance Pack Ecoboost / Base Ford Mustang GT Front Two-Piece Floating Rotors -(2015-2019)

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Please dm me special forum pricing for just the front rotors non PP GT

Also is this a true floating design in a similar vain as the AP racing or Girodisc sets, or more like the Baer Eradispeed 2 piece non floating style.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Message Sent!

TJ

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Please dm me special forum pricing for just the front rotors non PP GT

Also is this a true floating design in a similar vain as the AP racing or Girodisc sets, or more like the Baer Eradispeed 2 piece non floating style.
It is indeed a true floating rotor

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
I've decided to order these and a set of PP splash shields to aid in airflow on the backside of the rotor. Gotta feeling this is going to be a very popular mod for eco PPs and non PP GTs.

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I've decided to order these and a set of PP splash shields to aid in airflow on the backside of the rotor. Gotta feeling this is going to be a very popular mod for eco PPs and non PP GTs.
Was TJ able to provide you pricing and/or have you already ordered? I can gladly get you taken care if you haven't yet!

Sponsored

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Was TJ able to provide you pricing and/or have you already ordered? I can gladly get you taken care if you haven't yet!
I was already working with TJ and Brian Dopp on a separate order. Received an email from Brian yesterday on the rotors and I decided to add them to my purchase.

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I was already working with TJ and Brian Dopp on a separate order. Received an email from Brian yesterday on the rotors and I decided to add them to my purchase.
You're in good hands. They will take care of you!!!

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Rotors were delivered on Tuesday and I'll have pics up on IG most likely later today. If there is any specific pictures or questions that any of you would like to get answered by someone other then steeda feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll answer as well as I can.

I'm sure some are curious as to why I decided to go this route rather then upgrade to the Brembos ... Cost of the Brembo upgrade is very reasonable, but I'd want to run 2 piece rotors on those as well, once you figure the cost of the calipers and rotors I'm at least 3xs what I paid for these rotors and in that price range (even at a much larger cost) I'd rather go all the way with an Essex AP Racing BBK.

With this rotor upgrade the Essex kit is still on the future mod queue, and these should be a nice stop gap until then. Will be pairing with G Lok R6 pads.

I've got a buddy who likes HDPE events and started off with a 15 PP GT and ended up moving into a GT350R, once I finish this round of mods I plan on getting him behind the wheel of my build and collect some feedback to share with the community from someone who has a lot more experience than I

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
How good are the base brakes with these rotors vs the Brembo setup is my question. Im on the fence...

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
How good are the base brakes with these rotors vs the Brembo setup is my question. Im on the fence...
I am weighing this question in my mind as well. I will probably end up staying with base brakes and just upgrading the pads and the rotors. If I had to guess, I'd still give the nod to the Brembos.
I want to keep my stock 18" rims for winter duty so hence why I don't want to switch to Brembos.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
These with a good pad will be very good. The Brembos will have more ultimate track capability because they can deliver more brake torque and will have better pad wear. The Brembos will also have better brake feel because it's a significantly stiffer caliper. That said, the base brakes with a correctly-vented rotor like these, forced cooling, and some GLOC pads will be very, very good.

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
I threw one of these rotors on the scale yesterday and got 25lbs which puts me at a 7.12 lb reduction for the pair. When I switched to forged wheels I could feel the weight difference immediately. I'm really looking forward to experiencing this additional reduction in unsprung mass.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
These with a good pad will be very good. The Brembos will have more ultimate track capability because they can deliver more brake torque and will have better pad wear. The Brembos will also have better brake feel because it's a significantly stiffer caliper. That said, the base brakes with a correctly-vented rotor like these, forced cooling, and some GLOC pads will be very, very good.
I rarely track my car if ever. I do hit the backroads every now and then and noticed on a 80 degree day some weird pedal feel and knew immediately what it was. I think this is the best route for me.

I am weighing this question in my mind as well. I will probably end up staying with base brakes and just upgrading the pads and the rotors. If I had to guess, I'd still give the nod to the Brembos.
I want to keep my stock 18" rims for winter duty so hence why I don't want to switch to Brembos.
They are 1'' larger but the weight saving will be nice on the rotors.