Sponsored

HELPPP!! 2016 Mustang GT - Front Passengers suspension creak and when turning wheel left/right.

maatto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Today I hit a speedbump at around 20mph, it blended into the road, obviously I saw it way to late, and did not want to brake, didn't want to rip the front bumper off..

now when i turn steering wheel left/right a creak noise is coming from the passenger side.
also when pushing down on the passenger side above the wheel (rocking the car) a noticeable creaking noise.

Managed to get it booked into ford later this week, so driveless till then.

anybody have any suggestions on what it could be?

Edit: All suspensions is factory,
Sponsored

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
Had this problem. One of the control arms in the steering assembly had to be replaced. Done under warranty, no further issues.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
had the same issue. Its a lower control arm issue. Expect to pay about 500 out of warranty. Lucky i still had mine when it happened.

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
OP
OP

maatto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Had this problem. One of the control arms in the steering assembly had to be replaced. Done under warranty, no further issues.
had the same issue. Its a lower control arm issue. Expect to pay about 500 out of warranty. Lucky i still had mine when it happened.
Thanks for replying, took it to ford today, technician came out to listen, could barely get it to reproduce the sounds it was making a few days ago, pushing down on the passenger suspension didnt make a noise this time, but i managed to find a sweet spot turning the steering wheel so it made a bit of a creak.

If your warranty is out and the dealership is going to charge a small fortune, check out RockAuto. They have parts for a good price.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2016,mustang,5.0l+v8,3340759,suspension,control+arm,10401
Thanks for the link, I found this yesterday too, added to my bookmarks, the shipping to the UK didn't seem as extortionate as some of the sites i've come across. always handy to know some parts places!.

Sponsored

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It may also be your strut mount. For reference, American Muscle created a promo video to sell the Ford Performance strut mounts for the S197 Mustang. Granted your Mustang is a 2016, but the issues described in the video still applies to most/any vehicles with struts.
Check it out it might be your issue.