Sponsored

Can I get your dyno #'s with intake/tune/exhaust on 93 octane for 2018+

Animal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6M
Hey everyone. I recently got a 2018 GT PP1 M6, coming from a 2014 GT PP with intake/ 93 tune/ exhaust. I live in Kansas City, Missouri, so even 93 octane isn't very common at the gas pumps. Most gas stations have 91. There's a few places around town that offer E85, but it's a pain to go out of the way to get it.

What are typical dyno numbers people are getting with those simple bolt on's? I haven't gotten my hands on an intake or tuner yet, the last tuner I had was an SCT and even then the tune that came with it wasn't great and I went to a local shop to correct it.

The car came with an h-pipe, but i planned on getting an intake/tuner combo and a catback. Sorry if this has been discussed a ton. I heard mid 400's to the wheels are common with around 400 ft lb tq.
Sponsored

MX Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From point "A" to point "B"
Hey everyone. I recently got a 2018 GT PP1 M6, coming from a 2014 GT PP with intake/ 93 tune/ exhaust. I live in Kansas City, Missouri, so even 93 octane isn't very common at the gas pumps. Most gas stations have 91. There's a few places around town that offer E85, but it's a pain to go out of the way to get it.

What are typical dyno numbers people are getting with those simple bolt on's? I haven't gotten my hands on an intake or tuner yet, the last tuner I had was an SCT and even then the tune that came with it wasn't great and I went to a local shop to correct it.

The car came with an h-pipe, but i planned on getting an intake/tuner combo and a catback. Sorry if this has been discussed a ton. I heard mid 400's to the wheels are common with around 400 ft lb tq.
Most of the 18+ years are dynoing between 410-420whp stock. Of course this is dyno type dependent. Personally I wouldn't even waste the money on a cat back exhaust, the stock unit flows pretty well, your bottle neck are the headers, and you already have an H-pipe so that restriction has been lowered in that area. With just an intake, and H-pipe with a reputable tune I would say around 435whp on 93 octane, and on quality E85 maybe 470ish. With cat less LT's you'll be looking at around 450whp on 93 and close to, if now just over 500whp on E85.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
The 18+ GT's are 460 HP at the crank in stock form, which should be approx 391 WHP if you take into consideration a 15% drivetrain loss. Even with a 12% drivetrain loss it should be around 404WHP stock.

With headers, exhaust, CAI and tune on pump gas I reckon you'll be at around ~490 crank HP or ~416 WHP.

Again, depends what dyno. Some read higher than others.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Stock intake but with ARH catted LTH and flex tune (though AZ does not have real e85 only flex fuel which is rated around e54) she made 471 / 424 at the wheels on the last dyno day.

Stock on 91 (AZ also does not have 93) if I recall was about 424 / 403. These high compression 18+ engines respond well to tune and fuel.

3.14LOT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0
IMG_3718.PNG

Stock and after ARH headers long system with Roush axle-back. I'm getting a CIA soon so I'll post that when I get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Animal

Animal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6M
IMG_3718.PNG

Stock and after ARH headers long system with Roush axle-back. I'm getting a CIA soon so I'll post that when I get it.

Thanks for the reply's so far. Longtubes seems like a legit mod for sure.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Thanks for the reply's so far. Longtubes seems like a legit mod for sure.
You are in the midwest. E85 and a tune will net you the easiest and cheapest gains. I remember E85 being fairly easy to find in KS/MO.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
IMG_3718.PNG

43 rwhp gain with full exhaust system only? Nice. Did that include a tune? Does your system have cats?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
43 rwhp gain with full exhaust system only? Nice. Did that include a tune? Does your system have cats?
He said he had headers and an axle back. You usually have to run a tune if you change headers. Those gains are what I would expect with headers and a tune. I really want catted headers, but I don't think I could run them without a tune. Never know when I may have to tune back to stock in order to get warranty work done.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
He said he had headers and an axle back. You usually have to run a tune if you change headers. Those gains are what I would expect with headers and a tune. I really want catted headers, but I don't think I could run them without a tune. Never know when I may have to tune back to stock in order to get warranty work done.
He said he has the ARH "long" system, which is LT headers and new piping back to the axle. Then he replaced the axle back with with a Roush axle back system. So, it is a full exhaust replacement. He also said that was the only thing done - didn't mention a tune which is why I was asking (and about the cats).

Sponsored

3.14LOT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0
Yeah on 93, Steven Fereday at LMR In Houston tunes it. No cats, off road headers 1 7/8, stock tires. I’m going back in two weeks to tune it with the CIA and 325s on the back so we’ll see where it’s at.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
IMG_3718.PNG

Do you have the torque curve to share?

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
Yeah on 93, Steven Fereday at LMR In Houston tunes it. No cats, off road headers 1 7/8, stock tires. I’m going back in two weeks to tune it with the CIA and 325s on the back so we’ll see where it’s at.
u might lose power due to the bigger tires :)