OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
3 weeks and still nothing. The dealership says their working on it. In the meantime my new short block is rattling and I’m taking my 18 back in on Monday to have it checked out and to have the body damage that the dealer did to it while it was there for the short block repaired. The frustration with these people is never ending!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
3 weeks and still nothing. The dealership says their working on it. In the meantime my new short block is rattling and I’m taking my 18 back in on Monday to have it checked out and to have the body damage that the dealer did to it while it was there for the short block repaired. The frustration with these people is never ending!
Circumvent the Dealership - call the Ford 800#, or your RAV # and demand to speak to a Supervisor. Tell that Supervisor you want immediate resolution because you have been more than patient with the whole ordeal. State if you can’t get a fire lit under anyone there, that you’d be more than happy to publicly post your frustrations all over Ford’s Social Media and automotive forums with facts and that you are ready to retain legal counsel due to it being nearly 1 month with an approved RAV worksheet and no collateral swap commencement,

Seriously, call the Ford 800# and your RAV Rep every single day if that is what it will take to get your Buy Back satisfied.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Circumvent the Dealership - call the Ford 800#, or your RAV # and demand to speak to a Supervisor. Tell that Supervisor you want immediate resolution because you have been more than patient with the whole ordeal. State if you can’t get a fire lit under anyone there, that you’d be more than happy to publicly post your frustrations all over Ford’s Social Media and automotive forums with facts and that you are ready to retain legal counsel due to it being nearly 1 month with an approved RAV worksheet and no collateral swap commencement,

Seriously, call the Ford 800# and your RAV Rep every single day if that is what it will take to get your Buy Back satisfied.
I spoke to my rav rep she asked me to give her two days and if things weren’t moving forward at that time I could switch dealership’s. I agreed to it, but I think ultimately I will have to switch dealerships. Also I believe California law says they have 30 days to fulfill anything that offered. That 30 days is rapidly approaching

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Another week and another bull shit song and dance from the dealer. I did get it out of my sales person that no one wants to touch it because there’s no money involved. I’ve reached out to two different law firms

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another week and another bull shit song and dance from the dealer. I did get it out of my sales person that no one wants to touch it because there’s no money involved. I’ve reached out to two different law firms
Something is not right.

You do have in your possession the “final” version of the RAV Worksheet that was agreed to by you and has the approval from RAV, correct?

The Dealership, even though the intermediary in this ordeal, cannot deny any Ford Customer a RAV replacement if RAV has approved your Buy Back, has sent you the signed off copy of their worksheet and has told you to work with that Dealership for securing the replacement and swap of collateral. The Dealership has to comply.

Have you been able to talk to a RAV Supervisor? Not your original RAV Rep, but have you asked for a Supervisor at RAV? They need to push that Dealership into getting this process completed.

Have you asked to speak to the Manager of the Dealership?

Tell your Sales Person you’re tired of the BS and to reference:
“Your Obligations to the Customer (FCS-8536)”

Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Something is not right.

You do have in your possession the “final” version of the RAV Worksheet that was agreed to by you and has the approval from RAV, correct?

The Dealership, even though the intermediary in this ordeal, cannot deny any Ford Customer a RAV replacement if RAV has approved your Buy Back, has sent you the signed off copy of their worksheet and has told you to work with that Dealership for securing the replacement and swap of collateral. The Dealership has to comply.

Have you been able to talk to a RAV Supervisor? Not your original RAV Rep, but have you asked for a Supervisor at RAV? They need to push that Dealership into getting this process completed.

Have you asked to speak to the Manager of the Dealership?

Tell your Sales Person you’re tired of the BS and to reference:
“Your Obligations to the Customer (FCS-8536)”
I’ve had the final work sheet for over a month and so has the dealer. I spoke to an attorney yesterday and he said he couldn’t take my case because I basically had already won. He said it’s not uncommon at all for a dealer to take 30-60 days on this sort of a deal. I’m not sure what other recourse I have. I’m think I’m stuck waiting at this point.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope - don’t wait - be persistent. Call the RAV number and ask for a Supervisor. That’s the only way to light some fires.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Nope - don’t wait - be persistent. Call the RAV number and ask for a Supervisor. That’s the only way to light some fires.
Have done. I threatened to sue and I’m at the dealership right now. I also threatened to sue them. They are seeing if they can get me into the new car today

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Nothing today, but the sales manager said I’ll be taking the new car home on Tuesday. We’ll see

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing today, but the sales manager said I’ll be taking the new car home on Tuesday. We’ll see
Wow - best of luck man, they have been putting you through the ringer. Did you mention they (Dealership) needs to review FCS-8536?

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I don’t want to jinx anything, but perhaps this is all Getting wrapped up tomorrow. It’s been a super long ( since October) process and has stressed me and everyone around me to the brink of insanity. It seems as though the dealer had finally got the final sales contract drafted up after numerous calls and conference calls between them and rav. The dealership kept trying to go rogue and charge me more than the rav worksheet said to. Only after getting the dealer and my rav rep On the phone together did the numbers jive. It’s been such a terrible experience for me that not only would I never in my wildest dreams wish this particular dealership on my worst enemy, but I will also not be taking the replacement vehicle to any dealer for any service. As a technician myself with over 20 years experience, I’ll just fix the car my self and eat the cost of the parts.

My advice to anyone getting ready to go down this road or looking for a engine/short block replacement is. Be very sure that you are prepared to go to battle so to speak. You have to be so on top of these people that it may at some point feel like you’re doing their job for them. This isn’t something that gets resolved in a week or month or, in my case, even a season
Sponsored