Sponsored

Steeda Performance Pack Ecoboost / Base Ford Mustang GT Front Two-Piece Floating Rotors -(2015-2019)

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Steeda is proud to offer our new 2-piece 352mm x 32mm Full Floating Front Rotors for your Performance Pack-equipped Ecoboost or base GT 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018 S550 Ford Mustang ! These two-piece rotors are a simple bolt-on that's ABS compatible with the factory, front calipers, and Integrated Parking Brake Ford factory rear calipers. The 352mm front rotors weigh 7 pounds less per pair than OE solid 1-piece front discs, while the 330 x 25mm rears (555 6033) are 4 pounds less per pair than OE.

The billet, hard-anodized aluminum center section cuts weight and keeps wheel bearings cooler. Additionally, the high-ferrous-content, iron-alloy friction discs provide higher strength as well as a greater friction coefficient. A proprietary CNC-machined groove pattern keeps pads cleaner and allows outgassing for maximum grip without glazing. A unique directional vent design draws more air through the rotor core for improved cooling, stable disc temps, and a significant reduction in peak operating temperatures.

The full floating design allows for both radial and axial expansion due to differing coefficients of thermal expansion between the aluminum hat and iron friction disc. This eliminates cracks common with 1-piece and drilled rotors on the market. Axial floatation vastly improves brake pedal feedback due to a reduction in vibration and pad knock. While conducting rigorous on-track testing, Steeda's validation team measured up to 200 F temp reduction during the most severe conditions practical, with virtually no brake fade. Post-track inspection after multiple trials revealed no warping, cracking, or degradation in stopping performance or manners. During timed trials, the Steeda team pushed their test mule to the limit, resulting in incredible reductions in lap times, not only from stopping improvement but also handling and speed gains attributed to the reduction of both unsprung weight and rotating mass. Team Steeda tried to kill these rotors and the rotors won.

With exceptional quality & performance at an affordable price, these rotors are perfectly suited for daily driven pony cars, weekend canyon carvers, autocross racers, or full on competition track cars.

NOTE: Steeda has service kits available allowing you to rebuild your old rotors to like new condition and save money in the process. Each service kit include left and right friction discs as well as all new premium grade hardware.

Product Benefits:

• Heat reduction up to 200 Degrees
  • Reduces unsprung weight & rotating mass up to 7 Pounds per pair
  • Improved pedal feel, reduces vibration & pad knock
  • Greatly reduces brake fade
  • Shorter stopping distances under all conditions
  • Rebuildable with Steeda service kit 555 6037

555-6036-P04.jpg

Contact me via 954-247-2444, [email protected], or by PM to grab your new brake kit at special forum pricing.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It appears that the vent inlet is on the correct side (inside), as opposed to the way the factory rotors are?

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It appears that the vent inlet is on the correct side (inside), as opposed to the way the factory rotors are?
That is correct, the purpose of these rotors was to correct the air flow path for proper cooling during track days.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct, the purpose of these rotors was to correct the air flow path for proper cooling during track days.
Great. Thanks! Here's to hoping for a sale in the future. I will probably end up just getting the 6 piston brembos, though.

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Was it ever confirmed if the rear two piece steeda rotors are also a direct replacement for the non PP cars?

I assume on the rear everything is the same so they can work either way??

Also did I read that right? Replacement rings WILL BE avai? Previous info said they would not .

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Does this design employ the use of springs/washer on the mounting bolts to mitigate the noise of floating rotors when cold?

There's another design on the market (girodisk) that does this by using anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side.

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Was it ever confirmed if the rear two piece steeda rotors are also a direct replacement for the non PP cars?

I assume on the rear everything is the same so they can work either way??

Also did I read that right? Replacement rings WILL BE avai? Previous info said they would not .

Yes, the 2-piece rears are a direct replacement. No modifications are needed for the replacement.

Yes, the replacement rings weren't available at the prior time we released the rotors we didn't have enough wear rings to make a replacement ring. Now, that we have enough demand we upped our production to allow for replacement rings.

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Does this design employ the use of springs/washer on the mounting bolts to mitigate the noise of floating rotors when cold?

There's another design on the market (girodisk) that does this by using anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side.

Yes, we use a spring, washer and bobbin system to allow for rotor “float” while maintaining spring pressure to prevent rotor chatter. It is a similar system used by Brembo, Giro Disc, Wilwood and other manufactures that produce race quality parts.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Might want to reconsider this particular set unless you're downgrading from the Brembos :p
It keeps the stock brembo calipers and just switches to two piece light weight and cooler running slotted rotors and what ever pads you want.

The light weight rotors reduce the rotating mass by 4lbs in the rear and 8 or 9 lbs in the front while also running around 200 degrees cooler on the track, helping prevent pad fade and isolating the wheel bearings from the heat and probably keeping the brake fluid cooler also.

I am already running these rotors on the rear and if a set of Willwoods hadn't fallen into my lap for 50% off, I may very well be running these rotors on my non PP front 4 pistons as I doubt you even need the 6 pots with this set up.

Nonthless it's a significant rotor upgrade for the front PP 6 pistons if you want to shed rotating mass and increase braking efficiency. If you have a PP and are due for new pads and rotors anyway...this should be a no brainer.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It keeps the stock brembo calipers
Except for the fact that this is for the Eco PP / Base GT which doesn't have Brembo calipers.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name