Sponsored

Black 2020 GT500 Mustang with Colored Emblem Spotted Testing in Dearborn

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the more extreme the aero attachments get, the more a car starts to look like a patchwork assembly Frankenstein. The Camaro ZL1 1LE huge splitter and dive planes look functional, but I would feel stupid driving that thing around in traffic. Same with the Viper ACR.

The GT500 front end is starting to grow on me a little, but the aero on the front still looks goofy to me. I will probably be willing to forgive that if the car functions great on the track without being overly harsh to drive.

Which one is "beautiful", other than the GT350?
I think they all look very good, but the Viper, Camaro and Mustang images look too "race car" for driving daily on the street. I would feel dumb driving those every day.
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I think the more extreme the aero attachments get, the more a car starts to look like a patchwork assembly Frankenstein. The Camaro ZL1 1LE huge splitter and dive planes look functional, but I would feel stupid driving that thing around in traffic. Same with the Viper ACR.

The GT500 front end is starting to grow on me a little, but the aero on the front still looks goofy to me. I will probably be willing to forgive that if the car functions great on the track without being overly harsh to drive.

I think they all look very good, but the Viper, Camaro and Mustang images look too "race car" for driving daily on the street. I would feel dumb driving those every day.
Aesthetics is really a personal decision, that was mostly my point. From his pics, I like the GT350 and MB AMG. The others I find ugly, except the BMW which is just blah.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I think we go what I expected.....new nose,tail,hood, and drivetrain.....so basically 75% of the car is the same. This was just the next iteration of the S550 chassis so they worked with what they had and overall I am pleased. NO its not groundbreaking or ultra sexy, just the evolution of the aging S550 platform.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Aesthetics is really a personal decision, that was mostly my point. From his pics, I like the GT350 and MB AMG. The others I find ugly, except the BMW which is just blah.
I like the BMW a lot and I think the Alfa is beautiful. That picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a great looking car.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I think we go what I expected.....new nose,tail,hood, and drivetrain.....so basically 75% of the car is the same. This was just the next iteration of the S550 chassis so they worked with what they had and overall I am pleased. NO its not groundbreaking or ultra sexy, just the evolution of the aging S550 platform.
Yeah, it's a pretty standard formula with domestic performance (see Camaro >> ZL1/1LE, Corvette >> Z06 >> ZR1, Challenger >> Hellcat >> Redeye).

Body components that are totally modular are swapped out, bigger wheel/tires and brakes, add power (so far via supercharging - usually an available motor/variant), better suspension, some badges, tweak the electronics ... *boom* ... super duper model.

So far it seems like each manufacturer has done one or two things unique to their model(s), whether it's a specific tech or just a notable increase over the competition: GM has the ZL1 1LE with it's huge aero, DSSV suspension, the ZR1 with 755HP (also tons of aero), Dodge said, OK, we'll beat everyone at the HP game, 707, 717, 797 availability (not include the ~840 for the Demon with the right gas). So that leaves Ford with the competition kind of covering most of the bases, they're not going crazy "you can really only drive this at the track", or "m04R P0w4!!!", it seems easily in the mix with everything, and then the big differentiator is the DCT - I can see from a design/development standpoint, given they needed to reuse most of the car, wanted to tap into existing motor tech, etc., that was a smart choice by Ford.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You just invalidated your own argument. hideous cars
The examples aren't just about what you find attractive, bud. They're all very smooth designs that offer plenty of function. The GT500 does not fit that description whatsoever

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The examples aren't just about what you find attractive, bud. They're all very smooth designs that offer plenty of function. The GT500 does not fit that description whatsoever
you said beautiful and functional.. you say smooth but i ask whats smooth, show me symmetry in them? symetry is what people find attractive. youve got 3 diffferent shapes being crammed together. those 2 functional yes, beautiful? no, cringworthy.. or are you saying beauty is subjective, negating your point again

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
you said beautiful and functional.. you say smooth but i ask whats smooth, show me symmetry in them? symetry is what people find attractive. youve got 3 diffferent shapes being crammed together. those 2 functional yes, beautiful? no, cringworthy.. or are you saying beauty is subjective, negating your point again
Beauty is not only symmetry (which, what the fuck are you talking about? Both cars are absolutely symmetrical, maybe more so than the GT500, with the left half of it's grille being visibly blocked off), beauty is in a smooth, cohesive, flowing design, which all of my aforementioned examples grasp quite well

Or, it can come down to the fact that you may not like how they look, but at least none of them are goofy enough to have a damn triple stacked splitter

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! It is that simple. What some may like others may not, whether it is symmetrical, functional, smooth, sexy, cohesive, etc, etc or NOT......

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Our photographer spotted a Black 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang testing in Dearborn and wearing a front bumper with the GT500 emblem in teal color. :like:

2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-1.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-2.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-3.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-4.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-5.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-6.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-7.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-8.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-9.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-10.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-11.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Black-Glow-Bumper-12.jpg

Look at how defined / pronounced the front wheel arch looks in the first few pictures. I haven't noticed that before. Man this thing looks good in black!

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
What's that contraption forward rear tires on the bottom of the door?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What's that contraption forward rear tires on the bottom of the door?
If you're referring to what I think you are, it's just a wind deflector... pushes air around the tire to reduce wind resistance since tires aren't very aerodynamic

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
If you're referring to what I think you are, it's just a wind deflector... pushes air around the tire to reduce wind resistance since tires aren't very aerodynamic
I'm referencing what appears to be a seat belt hanging out the bottom of the door. Looks red/orange in some of the posted photos. Is that an air deflector?
IMG_0872.JPG

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm referencing what appears to be a seat belt hanging out the bottom of the door. Looks red in some of the posted photos. Is that an air deflector?
Ohh, I see what you're referring to. That looks to be just something to have to do with it being a pre-production model... maybe some testing equipment or something like that.
Sponsored