Sponsored

Mustang vs 2020 Supra

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Much of that crowd can't afford a $50K car, most of those who can would buy a GTR (even if used) instead.
Supras, RX7s, NSXs were 100k cars by today's standards. 40-70k in the 90s isn't 40-70k today. GTRs and NSXs are way more expensive than that.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Supras, RX7s, NSXs were 100k cars by today's standards. 40-70k in the 90s isn't 40-70k today. GTRs and NSXs are way more expensive than that.
Thanks captain obvious.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
What ever floats your boat and tickles your fancy. We all have are own perceptions (based off many variable factors) of what is fun and what is cool. Nobody in the end is right or wrong. We are all after a neuro-chemical reaction in the brain called a dopamine rush/release. Many ways to make that happen... :).

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Infiniti Q60, Subaru BRZ
I'm waiting to see how this supra does, so far I'm between a GT350 and the Supra.

I just love the Voodoo engine, but I grew up with JDMs (Skylines and Supras and FD RX7s) I am very interested to see how the B58 does in the Supra.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm waiting to see how this supra does, so far I'm between a GT350 and the Supra.

I just love the Voodoo engine, but I grew up with JDMs (Skylines and Supras and FD RX7s) I am very interested to see how the B58 does in the Supra.
Are you going to wait to see if they pop in a more powerful motor and add a manual transmission option? Or just interested in some of the performance numbers?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to wait to see if they pop in a more powerful motor and add a manual transmission option? Or just interested in some of the performance numbers?
I know I'm waiting to see both of those to be honest, plus for used ones to show up so I can maybe grab one in 4 or 5 years if they turn out to be reliable and tunable. Out of the budget right now for sure though.

Love the way they look (those hips!) and the engine seems to easily reach the 400 mark.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Infiniti Q60, Subaru BRZ
I doubt they'll add in a manual transmission it seems like the ZF trannys are the holy grail these days. I'm more just waiting to see the performance numbers. BMW advertises their power to the wheels, and seeing that the Supra's power is at 335 while the Z4 is at 384 HP.

I wonder how much more power can be unlocked with just a few bolt ons or just a tune alone, I saw a BMW M240 make 600whp with stock internals. ()

I'll keep an eye on it and then figure out if the extra purchase in mods is worth it to me, if not I'll be looking at a GT350 or a 2018+ GT (Also stuck between those 2)

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No car manufacturer advertises power at the wheels.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
STD reads higher than SAE. It's also common for most turbocharged cars to output more than their MFG claimed ratings on a cold day. (They will make closer to their ratings on hot days). If not, then most turbo cars would make far less than their rates power on hot days.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not true. They all use SAE ratings for their vehicles. Dynamometer is to be used as a tuning tool, and a lot of factors can affect the results, even after corrections are used.
Preach!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I just read about the BMW S58 that's going into the 2020 X3M and X4M (and Comp variants), 3.0L inline 6, twin-turbo: 473 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque. If you opt for the Competition version, it's 503 HP.

WITF is the Supra, the Toyota "flagship" performance car, slumming with a 335HP version of the 3.0L TT? I realize that's next gen, but it should've at least matched the Z4, if not been closer to the current M3/4 models.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I just read about the BMW S58 that's going into the 2020 X3M and X4M (and Comp variants), 3.0L inline 6, twin-turbo: 473 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque. If you opt for the Competition version, it's 503 HP.

WITF is the Supra, the Toyota "flagship" performance car, slumming with a 335HP version of the 3.0L TT? I realize that's next gen, but it should've at least matched the Z4, if not been closer to the current M3/4 models.
I agree. I can only think it's BMW's way of trying to make the Supra less competitive. 335 HP out of a 3 liter turbocharged engine is a joke nowadays.

Yes I'm sure you can turn it up to over 400 hp with an aftermarket tune, but this engine should have made over 400 hp while retaining the factory warranty.
Sponsored