Sponsored

Whipple vent screw plug

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Why not just use a little epoxy and plug the vent hole in your original screw if Whipple said it would be ok to plug the hole..Just Saying
Sponsored

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Dag! I got into the wrong trade. Impressed you can afford marriage, kids, additional schooling...and a Mustang......with blower mods. Giving you praise for your devotion and dedication.

You may try calling Palm Beach Dyno and ask them if they know the thread type. Sometimes speed shops will help out on easy questions like this in hopes to get you as a customer down the road. They area Whipple dealer and do lots of big power setups running big boost numbers like yours.
Good idea! I deal with Terry teambeefcakeeacing.com I'll ping him.

Affording is tough but that's the easy part of this adventure. Making time to devote to my wife, my kids, work on mba (gi bill helps pay for it), find time to work on the car learn how to wrench etc. Is the tough part and sadly lately my case sits. It only has 13k miles since early 2015.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Good idea! I deal with Terry teambeefcakeeacing.com I'll ping him.

Affording is tough but that's the easy part of this adventure. Making time to devote to my wife, my kids, work on mba (gi bill helps pay for it), find time to work on the car learn how to wrench etc. Is the tough part and sadly lately my case sits. It only has 13k miles since early 2015.
Well from an old vet to another thanks for your service. I wasn't smart enough to put money into a GI bill back then when I enlisted. I was too busy chasing skirts and doing the club scene when we weren't at sea. Should have taken a little more serious approach to my future and at least invested enough to have gotten an associates. As it is I gained a lot of technical training while in and had to take a pay cut (even lower than enlisted military pay) to get into the private sector but 20 years later it finally handed me in a good job that seems to indicate I will be able to finish my career where I am and one day retire. Stay the course 'brother in arms' and your diligence (wish I had your drive at that age) will pay off well for you. :clap:

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
It's a bastard thread size. I added a catch can with a brass 90 from napa in that hole. Added some thread sealant and forced enough of the npt threads in there for it to seal. (Can't remember exact size, but it's pipe thread) My thought is the brass fitting is softer than the whipple material so it shouldn't bugger up the threads enough to matter. It's working so far.

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
I contacted Whipple directly about this today. They’re sending me out their plug for this for free. I have a Gen 3 on the 3.375”. They had no concern regarding plugging it.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I contacted Whipple directly about this today. They’re sending me out their plug for this for free. I have a Gen 3 on the 3.375”. They had no concern regarding plugging it.
Whipple is Five Star!

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
For anyone interested in the plug directly from Whipple
4CA32D95-3C60-4FB5-9056-4CAE97C7C0D2.jpeg
00458F70-31A9-418E-8F86-6472FF616D43.jpeg
99751575-29F2-4022-8F59-92E0212907C7.jpeg

Bluedream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT DIB premium pp, 2017 Focus RS
sorry to revive a dead thread but im having the same issue. Per whipple they stated to just replace the vent bolt with a plug. Searched and no local store has the same plug. Any info on the whipple part number for the vent plug or where i can source it locally.
Sponsored