Magna Ride GT on National Hold?

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Anyone else hear this? Ordered 12/4 a GT PP1 6 Speed Magna Ride. Just received call from dealer telling me production of Magna Ride Mustangs on hold. Last visit was provided a copy of factory acceptance notice for my order.

Not happy at all
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Anyone else hear this? Ordered 12/4 a GT PP1 6 Speed Magna Ride. Just received call from dealer telling me production of Magna Ride Mustangs on hold. Last visit was provided a copy of factory acceptance notice for my order.
There have been repeated rumors about this for months, but none have seemed to pan out. FWIW, my GT with 6MT / PP1 / MR / AE went into production last week (ordered 11/15), with a blend date of today on the window sticker.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
My understanding from the Blue Oval Forum is that the Flat Rock plant is temporarily shut down, partially due to weather.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
There have been repeated rumors about this for months, but none have seemed to pan out. FWIW, my GT with 6MT / PP1 / MR / AE went into production last week (ordered 11/15), with a blend date of today on the window sticker.
Mine too, the same options with a blend date of today.

OP
OP
Hadelson

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
Well the story continues. Dealer calls back now saying they bypassed two levels of management up to work with senior VP to get me a priority one build and will have a confirmation next Tuesday.

In the interim, contacted local Roush Ford dealership and guess what?......found a GT in the area the way I want it but in different color. Hmm, feels like my chain is getting pulled. If that GT is available, I am going to buy it and this will be over Saturday. Well this didn't work as car is sold

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hadelson

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
Well the story continues. Dealer calls back now saying they bypassed two levels of management up to work with senior VP to get me a priority one build and will have a confirmation next Tuesday.

In the interim, contacted local Roush Ford dealership and guess what?......found a GT in the area the way I want it but in different color. Hmm, feels like my chain is getting pulled. If that GT is available, I am going to buy it and this will be over Saturday.
Here is information on Northeast availability from Ford. Makes you wonder how they stay in business with such a BS ordering system and lack of components to only support 7 months of production per Calendar year.

This is solid data. Don't ask how it was obtained, but its from Ford.

Tough to read so I will Point list it.

Zero availability 0 %

1. Safe and Smart Package
2. Adaptive Damping
3. 18x8 BRT MACH D Aluminum Wheels
4. 19x8.5 SPRK Painted Aluminum Wheels

Ford's instructions is to push customers towards

400A packages w/o Adaptive Damping
200A Package w/o Adaptive Damping

BS.JPG

Zero availability 0 %

2. Adaptive Damping

Ford's instructions is to push customers towards

400A packages w/o Adaptive Damping
200A Package w/o Adaptive Damping

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I don't know about the other items, but I an aware that Magaride is in "limited" quantity from the manufacturer. There are a number of threads on this topic. It's not an issue of Ford running out, it is a limited availability, and I believe that each region gets an allotment, and so you have a situation where demand peaks and a region uses up its allotment, and cars are put on hold until their next allotment.

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just received call from dealer telling me production of Magna Ride Mustangs on hold.
I'm in New Zealand but for what it's worth, my car was delayed and Ford here said it was because the Magnaride component supplier couldn't keep up with demand in the US, and Ford were putting all the componentry into the Bullitt production. So I just had to be patient.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Here is information on Northeast availability from Ford. Makes you wonder how they stay in business with such a BS ordering system and lack of components to only support 7 months of production per Calendar year.

This is solid data. Don't ask how it was obtained, but its from Ford.

Zero availability 0 %

2. Adaptive Damping

Well, as you note, it appears to be regional, not necessarily nationwide. Notice that convertibles are also not available on the list in your attached image, but I've seen nothing about people in other parts of the country being unable to order them.

But that is how allocations work. Ford doesn't have the ability to make an unlimited number of cars with an unlimited number of features, so they portion the ability around. My guess would be that a high percentage of people in the Northeast ordering a car with the performance package are going to look at the roads around here and consider the adaptive dampers. It was one of my wife's two "must haves" for the car. In that situation, they can run through their allotment faster than other areas.

I'm surprised about the limitation on Safe and Smart. I would think the only added hardware would be the camera to implement all the optical position determinations. Wouldn't seem like something hard to source, but I could be wrong about that.

The really weird one is being out of the hand-stitched console top, blocking the 201A/401A Premium Plus packages. That's just off, coming up short on a trim piece. Makes you wonder if they got a large batch of defective ones.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Even with the Bullitts last year there were lots of people that ordered in April and didn't take delivery until October or November. Ford always seems to have poor suppliers that can't keep up with demand. Is there only 1 company in the world that's capable of producing MagneRide? Source from other places, have other deals set up as back-ups in case demand is high, etc. According to that list, they have even bigger issues than MagneRide though. Not being able to build any convertibles seems to be an issue within Flat Rock. Even though it's not convertible weather in the Northeast, if people there want to have a convertible in time for spring, now would be the time to order. And not having enough Safe & Smart packages seems like a big oversight considering it'll be standard equipment on 2020s most likely with Ford's "Co-Pilot 360" safety features being standard on every Ford. Sounds like more people should get into the supplier business, they'd make a killing lol. How can they expect the Mustang to succeed and grow in sales if they can't even build ordered cars?

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to me when I ordered my GT Jan 2018 and found out in Feb Magneride was backordered until the following model year. I had to jump on my dealer to find me a car with Magneride, I told them to make it happen and they found a new one on a lot with everything I wanted and shipped it in.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Even with the Bullitts last year there were lots of people that ordered in April and didn't take delivery until October or November. Ford always seems to have poor suppliers that can't keep up with demand. Is there only 1 company in the world that's capable of producing MagneRide? Source from other places, have other deals set up as back-ups in case demand is high, etc. According to that list, they have even bigger issues than MagneRide though. Not being able to build any convertibles seems to be an issue within Flat Rock. Even though it's not convertible weather in the Northeast, if people there want to have a convertible in time for spring, now would be the time to order. And not having enough Safe & Smart packages seems like a big oversight considering it'll be standard equipment on 2020s most likely with Ford's "Co-Pilot 360" safety features being standard on every Ford. Sounds like more people should get into the supplier business, they'd make a killing lol. How can they expect the Mustang to succeed and grow in sales if they can't even build ordered cars?
They will probably keep producing cars without those options. When people go to buy one, the dealer will push them the ones without magnaride or safe & smart because “are options you really don’t t need”.

Only those with orders (which are the real mustang enthusiast) will be affected.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Interesting fact. Magneride, originally developed by Delphi, was acquired by BWI group in 2009. BWI stands for BeijingWest Industries Co. Ltd.

I do not know where the Magneride is manufactured, but they have 1 plant in the US, 1 in Mexico, 3 in Europe and 4 in China. It's possible it's made in the Dayton Facility, which is where Delphi was located, so not sure if the Tariff situation is playing into this. It's popularity is increasing with more applications, so it's possible that production is behind increased world wide demand.
Sponsored