Sponsored

listen up people lets have drunk mustang history 1

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
The vast majority of people, including myself aren't used to high compression....its awesome...in same engines in 70's they lost 100 hp just from compression loss. Boost is just a way to raise compression ….and a buncha people must think that going manual makes you a superior human being,...wrong. what makes you a superior human being is realizing the easiest, cheapest way to be a superior human being is auto and boost... you may have many many arguments with yourself and others..but the only way you can win is with auto and boost...sure, you can say i'm fast with a stick.but it cost me 4k to be faster than the same guy with auto. whats the point??? Used to be clutches lasted longer than auto's ...not any more ,,used to be u got better mileage with stick....not any more .I have spent a godamn year researching the in's and out... of na vs boost...boost wins every time if costs vs hp is figured in..,,, just sayin lets argue :)
Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I think I need to drink more...

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Growler wins! End of line...

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I'll have what he's having.

Sponsored

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
Fortunately or unfortunately I'm old enough to remember those roasts live. You don't see TV like that anymore.lol. I got a 16 GTP Stage 1 Roush as I figured (especially at altitude) that was my best bet at some real HP. People talk about the warranty etc and my dealer has no issue with it (ok, maybe if I blow the engine to pieces) and have had clutch work done 100% covered. As far as a manual goes, I got it cause I had to. I'm not decking out my weekend beast with an auto. It's a sports car not a DD or "cruiser" which would make a difference I suppose. Perhaps too if my main fun was ETs. I can't argue the specs nor Fords decision in the 2020GT. Just my preference. I would bet my car with a 10 speed would be a hoot. Just a different kinda hoot.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You aren't drunk enough if you can type that well.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
Sorry. Not even 7am yet. Gimme an hour or so. I'll repost.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
The vast majority of people, including myself aren't used to high compression....its awesome...in same engines in 70's they lost 100 hp just from compression loss.
Well not really...yes they did drop compression but more importantly they changed the way HP was reported. They also deducted all the losses of the driven accessories IIRC. Not to mention emissions measures back then choked the hell out of engines.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The vast majority of people, including myself aren't used to high compression....its awesome...in same engines in 70's they lost 100 hp just from compression loss. Boost is just a way to raise compression ….and a buncha people must think that going manual makes you a superior human being,...wrong. what makes you a superior human being is realizing the easiest, cheapest way to be a superior human being is auto and boost... you may have many many arguments with yourself and others..but the only way you can win is with auto and boost...sure, you can say i'm fast with a stick.but it cost me 4k to be faster than the same guy with auto. whats the point??? Used to be clutches lasted longer than auto's ...not any more ,,used to be u got better mileage with stick....not any more .I have spent a godamn year researching the in's and out... of na vs boost...boost wins every time if costs vs hp is figured in..,,, just sayin lets argue :)
I totally agree. Its the same with fishing. I can catch a lot more, and faster at the supermarket or with dynamite on the lake than with old fashion tackle. Only an idiot would fish the old way.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Just observing this thread as still waiting on my GT. Considering a Roush SC. That said, the SC additions of today cost more then the cars of the late 60's. 69 Mach1 351 Clevelend 4 speed. Nice car, fast but horrible wheel hop requiring traction bars to eliminate. Engine, clutch and tranny where literally bullet proof. 69 Mach1 428 Cobra Jet. This was a frightening fast car that would smoke the tires well into 3rd gear. Not many stock cars faster from the day for 1/4 mile or roll racing. Again, engine, tranny and rear literally bullet proof. The engine was literally shoe horned into the bay. You had to detach the trans/engine mounts and jack the engine up 3 inches to change the plugs. This is a +$1m car today as a collectors item. Wish I still had it. Will be interesting to compare this from my memories and my new ride......when it arrives

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The vast majority of people, including myself aren't used to high compression.
Engines have had high-compression for decades. Turbos and supers for probably 100 years. Don't know anyone that's not used to them.

...a buncha people must think that going manual makes you a superior human being,...wrong.
Manuals are driven for the connection to the car and the driving experience. Only emotionally immature people think that anything about their car makes them a "superior human being".

.....but the only way you can win is with auto and boost...
Win what?

Used to be clutches lasted longer than auto's ...not any more ,,used to be u got better mileage with stick....not any more...
Been driving and owning cars for 30+ years, autos were always more durable. They don't have clutches that need replacing every few years. As far as MPGs, it depends on the specific time period and car, not just "used to be".

I have spent a godamn year researching the in's and out... of na vs boost...boost wins every time if costs vs hp is figured in..,,, just sayin lets argue...
Cost per HP is only part of the story. Building the rest of the car to properly handle the added HP is more important, and could be more expensive, than the HP added. Take your N/A engine to 500HP, and you can get by on the stock suspension & brakes. Boost to 700HP, and you're an idiot if you don't upgrade the suspension and brakes.

ETA: This has nothing to do with Mustang history, but I love arguing. So, keep going.

Last edited:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
In about 6.5 hours I will be into some double IPA’s. Lol. JMO, but a 18 plus A10 car with just a simple centri is a hard setup to beat on the street. We can all have our opinions on which type of power adder is best based off our own individual preferences, budget, and needs. Again, we all crave that dopamine hit...
Sponsored