Sponsored

I DON'T have the tick but I have the 2K Rattle

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
There is a bunch of us around here that have had our cars bought back because of that engine rap. I can pretty much guarantee Ford didn't do buy backs because they have too much money.
Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
https://www.msn.com/en-za/cars/research/2018-ford-mustang-gt-tech-in-depth/ar-AAA567Gv ..all the rattling is the mechanical fuel pump ramping up pressure and the cam follower on the pump making harmonic noises as the pressure changes .,,,,,, that why all the mustangs with di make the noise and that's why there's no other ill effects that's why it stops when the load is balanced that's why there's noise cancelling foam around the pump......get over it and enjoy the car
How many drinks before this post?

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
There is a bunch of us around here that have had our cars bought back because of that engine rap. I can pretty much guarantee Ford didn't do buy backs because they have too much money.
don't know the deal between dealers and ford... pretty sure they make money either way

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Even plugging the link into search gets me nothing. Anyways, not that I'm advocating the theory, but using "other forum members claim..." doesn't hold much weight. Several videos that are posted with the rattle have been met with "I don't hear anything wrong," in some wording or another. Some people are just outright oblivious. I've seen people not even notice their check engine light is on until pointed out. Until someone shows me proof of a car that is rattle free when cold AND at operating temp, I just can't believe that some are rattle free.

Really, what's easier to buy? Your average layman doesn't know the difference between their fart or a chair moving an inch, or this forum is full of the most unlucky SOB's out there to the point that even their replacement engines rattle? The only other alternative would be that the rattle isn't related to anything pertaining to a longblock.

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So I managed to work out a deal on a 2019 base 1 SS for $31200 using the mustang conquest. I will loose $5k by trading my nearly new mustang but this rattle has me worried. Plus I hate having a new car that makes this kind of noises. Even if I managed to get the issue recognized and a buy back I would still loose a couple of Grand due to mileage. Any advice from the folks that have switched over?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I managed to work out a deal on a 2019 base 1 SS for $31200 using the mustang conquest. I will loose $5k by trading my nearly new mustang but this rattle has me worried. Plus I hate having a new car that makes this kind of noises. Even if I managed to get the issue recognized and a buy back I would still loose a couple of Grand due to mileage. Any advice from the folks that have switched over?
Search.

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Believe me I have been. It looks like the MT6 LT1 is pretty solid. I would rather keep the mustang as I prefer the styling and just like mustangs in general as I have owned several. I also had a 2017 2SS and it just dosen't have the vibe that the S500 does. Honestly I wish I had kept the 2016 GT that I had. Its too bad Ford has not brought anything to the table on this issue. Having the warranty is somewhat reassuring but hearing that sound reflect off of walls is pretty embarrassing for a new car.

Sponsored

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
don't know the deal between dealers and ford... pretty sure they make money either way
And they just might make some more money off of me. I'm going up to that dealer and if that car is still there, I'll make an offer to buy it. If they accept, that engine is coming out and going to the machine shop.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Noticed something this morning. my wife has a 2016 f150. curiosity got to me and i decided to see if her truck rattles. held it in 3rd gear at 2000 rpms. i'll be damned if that thing didnt make the same exact noise that my car does. even after its warmed up, it's still there. so what does that tell us?
I had 2 F150s as loaner during my 18s repair. both had less than 250miles both had the rattle.
My lemon 18 had the rattle and my new 19 has it since the 20miles.

I got my 18 replaced with 19 because of the tick in December. Now, they just announced tick is normal. I am not saying it make sense, but it is what it is. Maybe they will say rattle is normal in near future.

Even plugging the link into search gets me nothing. Anyways, not that I'm advocating the theory, but using "other forum members claim..." doesn't hold much weight. Several videos that are posted with the rattle have been met with "I don't hear anything wrong," in some wording or another. Some people are just outright oblivious. I've seen people not even notice their check engine light is on until pointed out. Until someone shows me proof of a car that is rattle free when cold AND at operating temp, I just can't believe that some are rattle free.

Really, what's easier to buy? Your average layman doesn't know the difference between their fart or a chair moving an inch, or this forum is full of the most unlucky SOB's out there to the point that even their replacement engines rattle? The only other alternative would be that the rattle isn't related to anything pertaining to a longblock.
I agree! I wanna see an 18 or 19 not rattling when cold.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
Why is it in every video I see of the "rattle" I see lugging of the engine and shifting at 2k or under (on the manual cars)? Is the rattle noticeable if you drive the car normal? I am just curious. My car has the tick, but no rattle but I also don't shift and drive around at 20mph at 1800 rpm so maybe I am just not hearing it?

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why is it in every video I see of the "rattle" I see lugging of the engine and shifting at 2k or under (on the manual cars)? Is the rattle noticeable if you drive the car normal? I am just curious. My car has the tick, but no rattle but I also don't shift and drive around at 20mph at 1800 rpm so maybe I am just not hearing it?
Mine happens when I'm leaving my house and I have to drive slow. That's usually when I see it most. Maybe the noise is there because the engine is begging for an ass whipping and wants to be rung out, lol.
Sponsored