Sponsored

2018 Whipple Stage 2 A10 Tune Versions

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
How is the drivability of the pbd tune vs. Whipple? Does the whipple tune support the 1050x injector?
Honestly I can’t tell the difference and I only had the 2-0 update (I think they are on 2-6 now ).

I did ask them about running the whipple tune with the bigger injectors and they said it would be fine but they won’t tune specifically for it (I have not tried it yet )
Since I am down to a 3.5 pulley I am going to be running at least boostane plus 93 or race gas.
I could probably run their 93 tune but I think max timing is like 19* .... but I am sure it wold be down on power compared to my PBD tune which sees 21-22* and let’s me take advantage of the extra octane .
Sponsored

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
When you guys sent your request calibration to Whipple where did you find your microprocessor serial number? I got the tomahawk serial number and all the other stuff I need I just don't know where the microprocessor serial number is.

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
When you guys sent your request calibration to Whipple where did you find your microprocessor serial number? I got the tomahawk serial number and all the other stuff I need I just don't know where the microprocessor serial number is.
Look at post 36.

Rob

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
Look at post 36.

Rob
Yeah I've read that and Ive done all that. Im at Step 5 with the picture ive posted below and I have all the other information except for the microprocessor serial number
20190123_184036.jpg

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
So what's the latest A10 Whipple tune version? Is it beyond 2-5?

Thanks,

Rob

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
I got the new revision yesterday for the 19's

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
DOD you get a chance to drive it. Dose it feel any different
I got my initial 19 tune on Wednesday and it drives great as far as I can tell. I haven’t gone wot much, so can’t speak too much to that, but the city drivability is surprisingly smooth at low throttle. Better than my NA Lund tune for pure city driving (not exactly fair because the Lund tune was a race tune after all and had all the torque management reduced).

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I got my initial 19 tune on Wednesday and it drives great as far as I can tell. I haven’t gone wot much, so can’t speak too much to that, but the city drivability is surprisingly smooth at low throttle. Better than my NA Lund tune for pure city driving (not exactly fair because the Lund tune was a race tune after all and had all the torque management reduced).
Nice I'm about ready to install my whipple in a few days. I've been going back and forth whipple or PBD tune.

Thanks joe

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nice I'm about ready to install my whipple in a few days. I've been going back and forth whipple or PBD tune.

Thanks joe
Cool, good luck. Install went smooth for me, a couple parts took a second to try and figure out exactly what they meant, but overall very good kit and instructions.

In the other whipple thread (whipple and still waiting) olosaunt posted that the new firmware for the tomahawk actually allows you to edit the max timing.

I’m sure at some point I’ll switch to a tune from one of the big shops, but I’m waiting until the supposed April release date for the new stage 3 to see how that turns out too.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Cool, good luck. Install went smooth for me, a couple parts took a second to try and figure out exactly what they meant, but overall very good kit and instructions.

In the other whipple thread (whipple and still waiting) olosaunt posted that your new firmware for the tomahawk actually allows you to edit the max timing.

I’m sure at some point I’ll switch to a tune from one of the big shops, but I’m waiting until the supposed April release date for the new stage 3 to see how that turns out too.
Yeah I saw that as well I'm turning that bitch up too lol. I'm gonna run 3.75 pulley 93 with half can boostane. I also have 6gr 7 spoke wheels with 555r's on the back. So I'm looking forward to seeing how she feels. I had 15 premium with a procharger 775whp and was never happy with the power delivery.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
DOD you get a chance to drive it. Dose it feel any different
Only difference I can tell is the long start isn't as bad as it was when starting the car. The drivability of the Whipple tune is very good and much better than my Lund tune that I had on the car

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Got the latest tune from Whipple. A note came with it that indicated that a feature added is that it would reduce power if the air charge temp sensor was not connected to the correct IMRC connector. Earlier versions of the install manual called out the wrong wire colors for the IMRC connector to connect the air charge temp pigtail. The early version called out wire colors: Yellow, Orange, Green wires. This is NOT the correct corrector.

The latest manual(2/12/19, Rev. A1R17) shows the correct wire colors. They are: Yellow/Green, Blue/White, Gray. The correct IMRC connector has a 2 pin connector that is not used.

If you installed the SC using the manual prior to February 12, 2019 you should review the air charge temp pigtail to verify it is in the right corrector.

Pinout.JPG

FWIW,

Rob
Sponsored