rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
I am avoiding WOT now due to the temperature is mid-20's. No point on spinning the tires and going nowhere accept maybe a ditch,,,,

Rob
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got 2-6 from them. My car is a manual though, so not sure if manuals are on a different revision. The mid-range feels like it has a ton more power, and the car runs smoother than it ever has, and I didn't have complaints before.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
When you get the whipple package with their tune/ tomahawk is it already loaded onto the device or do i have to download it or get them to send it?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When you get the whipple package with their tune/ tomahawk is it already loaded onto the device or do i have to download it or get them to send it?
You have to extract your stock tune and email them the file. They will build the tune for your car off of that and send you a file which you will put on the SD card and upload. I would save a copy of the stock file on your computer so that you have it is you ever need it.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
You have to extract your stock tune and email them the file. They will build the tune for your car off of that and send you a file which you will put on the SD card and upload. I would save a copy of the stock file on your computer so that you have it is you ever need it.
What's the turnaround time once i email them? Im assuming i have to wait until i recieve the tomahawk to extract the stock tune right? I have a lund tune currently and I know the stock tune is copied to that SD card I have from them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but that is not how it works.

Tomahawk can not download the tune in the PCM. It does not have a download tune function.

However, it will capture PCM data like the VIN, PCM serial #, PCM ID #, and DTC if any logged in the PCM. This information will be in a file called Tomahawk.REQ.

This information is needed for Whipple to build the tune to is linked to your PCM.

So the process is:

1 - attach the tomahawk and get the information.

2 - request a tune from Whipple

3 - provide the tomahawk.req file

4 - you will receive an email with a link to download the tune.

5 - download tune file on your PC

6 - put the tune file on the SDCard that comes with the tomahawk

7 - upload tune file to your car

Unfortunately your stock tune will be overwritten. If you want to keep a copy will have to use a different tool to download it Whipple does not provide this.

FWIW,

Rob

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
Sorry but that is not how it works.

Tomahawk can not download the tune in the PCM. It does not have a download tune function.

However, it will capture PCM data like the VIN, PCM serial #, PCM ID #, and DTC if any logged in the PCM. This information will be in a file called Tomahawk.REQ.

This information is needed for Whipple to build the tune to is linked to your PCM.

So the process is:

1 - attach the tomahawk and get the information.

2 - request a tune from Whipple

3 - provide the tomahawk.req file

4 - you will receive an email with a link to download the tune.

5 - download tune file on your PC

6 - put the tune file on the SDCard that comes with the tomahawk

7 - upload tune file to your car

Unfortunately your stock tune will be overwritten. If you want to keep a copy will have to use a different tool to download it Whipple does not provide this.

FWIW,

Rob
Thank you! I have the stock tune file copied on my Lund n Gauge and on the sd card they gave me. I just don't know if that stock file is now locked because It is on the SD card lund gave me and i also have it transferred onto my pc.

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
I would think that if all you did was download the stock tune you can still overwrite the tune in the PCM with the Whipple tune. I would not think it is locked. The nGauge on the other hand will be locked to the stock tune and it may not allow the stock tune to be reinstalled due to a Lund tune not being in the PCM. Someone with a Lund nGauge will know better.

FWIW,

Rob

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I think keeping the stock file is moot. I don’t think its possible to reload the factory tune once you load whipple due to ford’s backwards compatibility restrictions.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've seen people remove Whipple systems and return their cars to stock. How do they re-load the stock tune? There has to be a way...

Sponsored
OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen people remove Whipple systems and return their cars to stock. How do they re-load the stock tune? There has to be a way...
I believe taking the car to a dealer and having them re-flash it will get a stock tune back. Likely will have to pay for it and your warranty for the drive train will certainly be black listed.

Rob

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, 2004 cobra
so what's the time frame on the stage 3 upgrade? what would be included? would this tune allow you to drive on Flex ie 93 to E99? who do i talk to at whipple for info on this? this sounds more intriguing then PBD or Lund tune. also hows the drive mods work with the whipple tunes?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so what's the time frame on the stage 3 upgrade? what would be included? would this tune allow you to drive on Flex ie 93 to E99? who do i talk to at whipple for info on this? this sounds more intriguing then PBD or Lund tune. also hows the drive mods work with the whipple tunes?
Stage 3 should be coming along soon. From what I understand, they are just finishing up some software for the live e85 sensor. It will be flex fuel so you can run premium fuel or corn fuel with no change in the tune. I would email Whipple and ask them. They will get you to the right person.

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)
For those who have a whipple tune now and debating whether to switch to PBD/Lund to be able to run E85 or wait on the whipple stage 3rd tune ... I would wait especially since I heard Lund is no longer tuning for E85 with the BAP .

I don’t think whipple would mind me posting here but here is the update I got yesterday.

837 hp with the 3.75 pulley/E85 flex tune in 6th gear
That’s more than I made with 3.625 pulley/E85/PBD tune/7th gear .[/QUOTE

How is the drivability of the pbd tune vs. The whipple? Does the whipple tune support the 1050x injector?

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)

How is the drivability of the pbd tune vs. Whipple? Does the whipple tune support the 1050x injector?
Sponsored