Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
Hello all,

First post here but have been watching for awhile before I got my kit.

A little about the car.

P1X Stage 2 with stage 2 intercooler
Race Red BOV
1050X
DW400 pump
JMS BAP
Gt350 intake manifold
Magnaflow Foose edition catback

I installed the p1x kit myself back in the end of December and have been working with tuners at Lund to get a final since.

Car runs well but theres an issue tuning it, mainly a lean on tip in condition that won't go away. Now has the tuner saying I should relocate the MAF out of the intercooler and into a pipe somewhere after. Initially the tuner thought it was a weak pump hence the DW400 upgrade but the issue still remains.

Thanks
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Jr told me the same thing about some low load fuel corrections needed. Makes sense. Only choice is to fab a metal tube to relocate it to as straight as possible section of the piping. I may tackle a new tube at some point, but not too big a concern right now. Procharger shouldn't have put it where they did... It's a mixed flow signal that only catches part of the airflow coming through the intercooler.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have the same setup but with a D1x on my 2018 running e85 tuned by PBD. Make sure your BAP is not maxed out “mine is a Vortech so preset at 18 volts I believe”. The only issue I had was at a stop light it would hunt for idle on occasion. Sometimes it would correct itself and some times it would die. After a few revisions Rob Shoemaker has it running smooth as glass. I called Procharger about it and was told that with their stock tunes they have zero idle issues but that when Lund does a kit they have the MAF relcated to the intake pipe so who knows.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The fab part being where to put that in the procharger piping.
I guess you could cut and weld between the intercooler and the throttle body but it would take some work for sure. That or you could get a MAF flange and install it into the existing pipe.

OP
OP
Check06

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
I initially was thinking of trying to find a flange or housing for the MAF that I could have welded on to the one of the pipes in front of the throttle body.
That treadstone performance pipe does look like a good option but like others said already, I'm not sure where I would put it without also modifying an existing pipe still so I'm still leaning more towards a flange/housing that I can weld onto the existing piping and a block off plate on the intercooler

Thanks for the feedback!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Huh that is weird i have not ran across this issue with my d1,unless it is something i just have not picked up on.You are saying at tip in??.How lean is going??Also is this at tip in while just cruising?

OP
OP
Check06

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
I can feel it in the car too. It hesitates when taking off from first for a couple to a few seconds and then goes. It happens when taking off from a dead stop in first or when let off the gas and coast for a while then get back on it.

The Afr on the N Gauge shows around 16 to 18 then comes back to 14s. Afr holds steady during wot and cruising

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I can't feel it in mine, but the AFR will jump up in the same range until the stft's correct it. Can be from dead stop low throttle to light cruise at say 40-60 mph. Again just with low rpm/airflow/load.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Wow i have not ran into that with my d1 on either of my mustangs.In the tune u can set what percentage of throttle is used to command wot.For example at 1.0 load 30% pedal travel commands wot.Since lund tunes both our cars i doubt this is it but i know other guys running prochargers that are not having this issue.My maf is still in my intercooler.

OP
OP
Check06

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
Yea mine seems to be acting nearly the same way as yours Jay. Before there was a lean on tip in condition in every gear, every time I came off the gas and got back on it went as lean as the 20s and he thought the fuel pump was to blame. I added the Dw400 pump and it continued to do that on the same tune until he sent me a different.

My tuner at Lund says it's a "well known problem" and when it can't be tuned correctly, then the MAF is relocated or at least that's how they deal with it.
I don't want to move the MAF but it seems the only way now(aside from a different tuner) to get better drive ability and a better low end response.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Yea mine seems to be acting nearly the same way as yours Jay. Before there was a lean on tip in condition in every gear, every time I came off the gas and got back on it went as lean as the 20s and he thought the fuel pump was to blame. I added the Dw400 pump and it continued to do that on the same tune until he sent me a different.

My tuner at Lund says it's a "well known problem" and when it can't be tuned correctly, then the MAF is relocated or at least that's how they deal with it.
I don't want to move the MAF but it seems the only way now(aside from a different tuner) to get better drive ability and a better low end response.
Pbd tuned here, no issues......
Sponsored