OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
You mentioned installing the x pipe and keeping a warranty. Does installing the x or h pipe not void warranty?
H or X resonator delete does not void your warranty. Things like getting an aftermarket tune will void it. Sucks since a tube + e85 really wakes these motors up even more but not worth it to me.

Congrats, great looking ride!
Thanks! Pumped to get some real seat time and start enjoying the car.

Welcome and congratulations! Mine was built 8/2018 and I had the exact same cracks. Must be a production problem, Capital Ford of NC ordered a new one and I did the swap myself as I didn't want it in the service department and they obliged my request.
I thought about that too but I’m gonna just let them do it. Wife wanted to go to gym tonight and do other stuff anyway so was easier to make her happy lol.

Let me know if I can help assist with a discount code to help even further on the x-pipe!

TJ
Def will hit you up for an H pipe when the time comes. May be sooner rather than later lol.

Scott2696

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nice Ride... Great color.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
congrats, sweet looking car. I love the spoiler ! race red ftw :thumbsup:

49239550_10218188855254914_4771756821029322752_o.jpg

Scott2696

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
H or X resonator delete does not void your warranty. Things like getting an aftermarket tune will void it. Sucks since a tube + e85 really wakes these motors up even more but not worth it to me.

Thanks! Pumped to get some real seat time and start enjoying the car.

I thought about that too but I’m gonna just let them do it. Wife wanted to go to gym tonight and do other stuff anyway so was easier to make her happy lol.

Def will hit you up for an H pipe when the time comes. May be sooner rather than later lol.
The Dealer you choose will decide if you voided your warranty or not. Just make sure you are choosing a mod friendly dealer. Hint Hint

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm not sure which year you owned, but the S550 leather does not wear like that and you certainly don't slide around in it. My 2013 GT Premium did wear quickly, by the end of the lease (3 years) you could visibly see a little of the driver's seat getting lines in it. However, my 2016 Premium GT had no such issues, even though the leather felt cheaper than the 2013's. My 2019 has much thicker and better quality leather than any of my previous GTs (401a - the 400a has the same leather as the 2015-2017 401a unless you got the "rare" upgraded leather package which also added soft-touch door panels). Also, since if you get leather on any S550 you also get heated and cooled seats, I'm not understanding your cold and hot complaint; in the winter the seats are nice and toasty for me (as is my steering wheel now), in the summer they're nice and cool. :p
I can understand that Ford eventually had to give in and use a higher quality pleather, because my 2012s wore out badly and quickly. But the seats are still scorching hot in the summer, and scrotum-shrinking cold in the winter. Seat heating and cooling, sure, lots of cars have those. But those work after your back-bottom and/or scrotal nether-regions have been either roasted or flash-frozen.

No thanks, I'll just skip all of that.:cwl::cwl:

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
congrats, sweet looking car. I love the spoiler ! race red ftw :thumbsup:

49239550_10218188855254914_4771756821029322752_o.jpg
Nice ride! Your car is essentially what my plans were before deciding I like the pp1 spoiler. Love the black roof, emblems and vents. I may end up doing Roush vents, not sure and way off in the future. Red and black look so good together.

The Dealer you choose will decide if you voided your warranty or not. Just make sure you are choosing a mod friendly dealer. Hint Hint
True. But it doesn't really apply to a resonator delete, same as trying to void it for mufflers. It's just my luck that my "mod friendly" dealer would somehow find a way to screw me over when the time came. So, motor is staying stock. I don't want any worries taking it in for anything.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got my X-Pipe installed yesterday, sounds amazing. I was on the fence initially but everyone told me to do it.. so glad I did. Everytime I drove the car before the XPipe install I always put the exhaust in track mode, now I can ride around in Normal and be happy.. track mode sounds even more beastly.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
True. But it doesn't really apply to a resonator delete, same as trying to void it for mufflers. It's just my luck that my "mod friendly" dealer would somehow find a way to screw me over when the time came. So, motor is staying stock. I don't want any worries taking it in for anything.
Look.......dealers have 0 interest in messing with your warranty. Warranty repair work is a huge part of a dealership's service department's financial health.

Also consider this. On this forum, I have read of exactly 0 times anyone's warranty claim has been denied. For any reason. And I've challenged people here on this point several times, and no one has ever provided a single concrete time that something like a tune, intake, exhaust mod, has ever caused a repair to not be covered under warranty.

My last 3 Mustangs have all been tuned. Each and every one got lots of warranty repair work done, and never was there even a question about tuning, intake, or anything of such nature.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Look.......dealers have 0 interest in messing with your warranty. Warranty repair work is a huge part of a dealership's service department's financial health.

Also consider this. On this forum, I have read of exactly 0 times anyone's warranty claim has been denied. For any reason. And I've challenged people here on this point several times, and no one has ever provided a single concrete time that something like a tune, intake, exhaust mod, has ever caused a repair to not be covered under warranty.

My last 3 Mustangs have all been tuned. Each and every one got lots of warranty repair work done, and never was there even a question about tuning, intake, or anything of such nature.
Thanks for being a voice of reason. I get so tired of people talking about voided warranties. I also have had my last 3 cars tuned and never had an issue with warranty work. Of course, if someone has their car towed to a dealership with a rod hanging out of the block, there may be cause for investigating possible mods and declining that specific warranty claim. However, 99.9% of the time, there is simply no reason for a dealer to spend any time investigating whether or not your car had a tune.

Incidentally, when taking a tuned car to the dealer, it should be returned to stock first. The reason is that if they need to do a PCM reflash, it could screw up the tune.

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Well looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow not tonight. Just got a text from the salesman with these pics. Replacement panel will be there tomorrow morning. Not sure how it cracked there but I'll be looking at all of it very closely when I pick it up. At least they caught it early and are already in the process of fixing it. I asked they replace it with one from the blackout package so the GT would be black but they wouldn't do it haha.

rr damage.jpg
rr damage1.jpg
Those panels pick up scratches super easy as well. Not hard to take off thought when you do swap the emblem. Congrats on the car. PP1 is definitely the way to go. You should join the Houston S550 FB group and come out to some of the cruises/events.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Welcome and congratulations! Mine was built 8/2018 and I had the exact same cracks. Must be a production problem, Capital Ford of NC ordered a new one and I did the swap myself as I didn't want it in the service department and they obliged my request. Sent them photos as I drove from Destin FL to buy my 18 GTPP there. They gave me the best trade and I'm z plan so 900 miles was no biggie.
IMG_20190115_195827_04.jpg
IMG_20190115_195827_02.jpg
Same thing happened to mine - I have a minuscule crack on mine. I noticed it a couple days after I picked my car up so I couldn't go after them for it.

On a side note - that piece collects dust like crazy. I cannot keep that mofo dust free for anything.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for being a voice of reason. I get so tired of people talking about voided warranties. I also have had my last 3 cars tuned and never had an issue with warranty work. Of course, if someone has their car towed to a dealership with a rod hanging out of the block, there may be cause for investigating possible mods and declining that specific warranty claim. However, 99.9% of the time, there is simply no reason for a dealer to spend any time investigating whether or not your car had a tune.

Incidentally, when taking a tuned car to the dealer, it should be returned to stock first. The reason is that if they need to do a PCM reflash, it could screw up the tune.
I'm glad to see some feedback on this. I want to tune mine. However one dealer, where I did not buy the car, told me that anything with a tune is an automatic warranty void and they wouldn't even touch the car. The head tech said they can tell if you re-flash it back to stock too.

I never brought it up to the place where I bought it - but they're more mod friendly as they're a Roush dealer and have an aftermarket performance dept.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I'm glad to see some feedback on this. I want to tune mine. However one dealer, where I did not buy the car, told me that anything with a tune is an automatic warranty void and they wouldn't even touch the car. The head tech said they can tell if you re-flash it back to stock too.

I never brought it up to the place where I bought it - but they're more mod friendly as they're a Roush dealer and have an aftermarket performance dept.
So if you take your car in for a faulty power window, a dash rattle, squealing brakes, HVAC issues or a million other things unrelated to tuning, are you concerned that the tech will first check to see if you ever had a tune on the car.....and then void the entire warranty? That makes no sense.

Of course if a mod is responsible for a failure, they could and should refuse to honor the warranty for that item. I know someone who lowered his car by cutting a few rounds off the coil springs with a hack saw. It put the half-shafts in such a bind that one failed. It was quite clear that the mod was responsible for that failure.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if you take your car in for a faulty power window, a dash rattle, squealing brakes, HVAC issues or a million other things unrelated to tuning, are you concerned that the tech will first check to see if you ever had a tune on the car.....and then void the entire warranty? That makes no sense.

Of course if a mod is responsible for a failure, they could and should refuse to honor the warranty for that item. I know someone who lowered his car by cutting a few rounds off the coil springs with a hack saw. It put the half-shafts in such a bind that one failed. It was quite clear that the mod was responsible for that failure.
Understood. And no I wouldn't expect them to check for a tune on things like that - it just threw me off when they were so forceful in their stance on tunes.
Sponsored