Sponsored

Weird electrical parasitic draw on 2018 GT Premium PP1

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Rule #1 is no aftermarket anti-theft devices. Even if installed by the dealer. If someone wants your car bad enough they will flatbed it. As for the key cloners and so forth, a simple switch that cuts the fuel pump will suffice. Hide it well. Something like a hidden GPS might be useful. Even still, like I said, if there is something special about your car, it's gone already and no $50.00 alarm is going to help you.
How many times do you hear an alarm going off?
Do you ever pay attention?
Nobody does. The crooks know this.
IMHO the downside, like current draw, not being able to get into your own car, poor installs causing problems etc are just not worth it.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Vampire taps are an electrical Gremlins best friend.

I guarantee when they installed that system they used a handful of them. It's quick and easier than splicing and soldering but IMHO they are garbage and create more problems than they save time.

OP
OP
What_is_slow

What_is_slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Plus PP1 MT
Not trying to support the people bashing the anti-theft devices but my dealer called today and said that the Stargard module was the problem. There is a loose connection inside the box causing the intermittent draw. Thanks for the input everyone.

OP
OP
What_is_slow

What_is_slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Rule #1 is no aftermarket anti-theft devices. Even if installed by the dealer. If someone wants your car bad enough they will flatbed it. As for the key cloners and so forth, a simple switch that cuts the fuel pump will suffice. Hide it well. Something like a hidden GPS might be useful. Even still, like I said, if there is something special about your car, it's gone already and no $50.00 alarm is going to help you.
How many times do you hear an alarm going off?
Do you ever pay attention?
Nobody does. The crooks know this.
IMHO the downside, like current draw, not being able to get into your own car, poor installs causing problems etc are just not worth it.
The Ford app informs me when my alarm goes off and I keep my car garages at home and work.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not trying to support the people bashing the anti-theft devices but my dealer called today and said that the Stargard module was the problem. There is a loose connection inside the box causing the intermittent draw. Thanks for the input everyone.
So I had to be curious to see exactly what Stargard is... and for others wondering the same, here:
https://stargardgps.com/

Seems the system is similar to the LoJack design (tracker in the event of being stolen).

Those systems in some States offer the vehicle owner up to a max 25% annual discount on the theft provision of your insurance policy. I had LoJack before and in NJ, the max discount is 25%, which is a fairly good savings if you own the vehicle for quite some time. So if you were not aware of that aspect, let your insurance company know about it and see if you get a discount.

Sponsored

OP
OP
What_is_slow

What_is_slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So I had to be curious to see exactly what Stargard is... and for others wondering the same, here:
https://stargardgps.com/

Seems the system is similar to the LoJack design (tracker in the event of being stolen).

Those systems in some States offer the vehicle owner up to a max 25% annual discount on the theft provision of your insurance policy. I had LoJack before and in NJ, the max discount is 25%, which is a fairly good savings if you own the vehicle for quite some time. So if you were not aware of that aspect, let your insurance company know about it and see if you get a discount.
It also depends on the insurance company. Geico offers a discount, but State Farm does not.

Juiced 66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Strange, I have the exact same issue on my 2018 premium app car. Dealer replaced a battery at 800 miles, now a couple months later it’s going dead again. I need to see if I have a gps device on my car, because this is enough to make me want to pull my hair out. If I leave it parked for more than 24 hours it’ll have a dead battery guaranteed.

OP
OP
What_is_slow

What_is_slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Strange, I have the exact same issue on my 2018 premium app car. Dealer replaced a battery at 800 miles, now a couple months later it’s going dead again. I need to see if I have a gps device on my car, because this is enough to make me want to pull my hair out. If I leave it parked for more than 24 hours it’ll have a dead battery guaranteed.
So the dealer had stargard replace the unit, but leave it unplugged to see if the gps was the issue. I had the car for about 5 weeks with no issues at all. I even let it sit for 4 days while I was out of town and it started right up when I got back. I had to have the glass coat reapplied after some minor paint repair made by the dealer so I brought my car back down to have that done and the stargard reconnected. When I went to go pick up the car, the dealer handed me the keys saying it was all set. Get to my car and the battery was dead yet again. After leaving it at the dealer for another week and a half, they have concluded that there was a faulty “multi-point connection fuse box” that was causing the issue. They replaced the parts yesterday and they said it started up fun this morning. They recommended that I leave it one more day so they can make sure the problem is alleviated by making sure it starts right up tomorrow. I will get the information about which fuse box exactly was causing the issue and I will post it here once I get back from the dealer (and put on the parts I ordered that I’ve been waiting to put on).