zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Resonated X is my vote with your mufflers.

But @fordguys550 Catless setup sounds amazing as well and could pair well with your mufflers.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Resonated X all the way. I am biased as I have one too and i feel it's the best of both worlds when it comes to sound and livability. I dont even have mufflers and use just the x and it's super smooth sounding and zero drone...granted that may be more cause the x is paired with the solo j pipes.

I think what would be good is if you combine the resonated X with cat deleted and weld separate resonators in place of the stock cats. And do this with 3 inch piping so your ready for when u boost lol.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Resonated X all the way. I am biased as I have one too and i feel it's the best of both worlds when it comes to sound and livability. I dont even have mufflers and use just the x and it's super smooth sounding and zero drone...granted that may be more cause the x is paired with the solo j pipes.

I think what would be good is if you combine the resonated X with cat deleted and weld separate resonators in place of the stock cats. And do this with 3 inch piping so your ready for when u boost lol.
Or just weld in a pair of these high flow cats...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...vGcxgM4bMrO2z9pp9ZH09sl1h6jSBBaxoCHTEQAvD_BwE

I have used them before and found no real effect on power but did smooth out exhaust tone and got rid of the gas smell.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not exactly the right thread for it, but what do you guys think would be better:

- Cat delete with generic resonators welded in
- Cat delete with Magnaflow 12468 (resonated Tru-X) to replace my Steeda x-pipe

Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on one of those setups this week. I'm okay with a bit more volume than what I currently have, but not interested in any more rasp at all.

Current set-up is:
- Shorty headers
- 2.5" exhaust piping (GT catback)
- Steeda x-pipe
- Ford Performance by Borla Touring mufflers

Tagging in a couple people in case you don't see it anyway: @zackmd1, @BmacIL, @Fuse, @MidwayJ, @USMCtoARMY
If you're ok with more volume, I'd go with Vibrant resonators in line. The resonated X-pipe was great for controlling volume (and rasp) but it tamed it too much for my tastes. Vibrant 1790.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Tru-X seems like a nice piece of exhaust equipment to control rasp, but everything I've read about it pertains to the 5.0. I could see where adding resonators to the Steeda X-pipe might accomplish pretty much the same thing.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If you're ok with more volume, I'd go with Vibrant resonators in line. The resonated X-pipe was great for controlling volume (and rasp) but it tamed it too much for my tastes. Vibrant 1790.
I would imagine going catless would offset the taming effect to some degree. If it's too quiet he could move to louder mufflers. ☺

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate all of you guys coming in so quick with the feedback!

Bmac, any idea on how generic ones (I'm guessing Jones or similar) would compare to the Vibrants? My shop basically more than doubles the price for Vibrant, but if it is really worth it, I guess it's worth doing once instead of redoing it the right way later.

MidwayJ, that's the same as what I've found. Most of the talk is on the 5.0 forums once they go catless longtubes but I feel like our Cyclone is just a raspy exhaust note with most solutions. I do like the tone of my mufflers though so will likely stick with those unless the sound really gets trashed from whatever I go.

Not interested in high flow cats due to cost and higher chance of failure. Seen too many people complain about them going out.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate all of you guys coming in so quick with the feedback!

Bmac, any idea on how generic ones (I'm guessing Jones or similar) would compare to the Vibrants? My shop basically more than doubles the price for Vibrant, but if it is really worth it, I guess it's worth doing once instead of redoing it the right way later.

MidwayJ, that's the same as what I've found. Most of the talk is on the 5.0 forums once they go catless longtubes but I feel like our Cyclone is just a raspy exhaust note with most solutions. I do like the tone of my mufflers though so will likely stick with those unless the sound really gets trashed from whatever I go.

Not interested in high flow cats due to cost and higher chance of failure. Seen too many people complain about them going out.
I really don't know for sure. Outside of materials, I don't know if the mesh/packing quality is the same. I would order the vibrants online.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
FINALLY got to do sound clips for my exhaust setup. Man it sounds monstrous from the outside lol. Hope you enjoy it. Drop a like if you do :) .

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
FINALLY got to do sound clips for my exhaust setup. Man it sounds monstrous from the outside lol. Hope you enjoy it. Drop a like if you do :) .

Very nice setup. The drone would kill me though lol. But I love that agressive sound. Good job. Best part is you get to cruise around that beautiful country of yours in a nice looking stang.

Sponsored

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Very nice setup. The drone would kill me though lol. But I love that agressive sound. Good job. Best part is you get to cruise around that beautiful country of yours in a nice looking stang.
Thanks!
Yeah the drone is pretty annoying especially here where 50% of the driving here is done on steep roads. On the highway though cruising at 60mph it's very bearable and doesn't bother me. And yes, in a country whose sports cars market is dominated by Mercedes' and BMW's, a bright red stang sure breaks necks here!

Valentina

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grabber Orange V6, 2015 Race Red V6
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I'm the first to do this setup. It's a GT cat back with h=pipe resonator delete and Flowtech axle backs. The tone is super deep and pops like crazy when decelerating and downshifting. No drone at all at highway speeds. It has a little rasp at higher RPMs but nothing obnoxious. It's pretty quiet at idle but loud AF when you open it up.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Upload is still processing, but my updated exhaust will be live here:

GT catback, Magnaflow 12468 (Tru-X resonator), Ford Performance by Borla Touring mufflers, eBay shorty headers, and cat deletes (exhaust shop straight pipes, not the Lethal ones)

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Upload is still processing, but my updated exhaust will be live here:

GT catback, Magnaflow 12468 (Tru-X resonator), Ford Performance by Borla Touring mufflers, eBay shorty headers, and cat deletes (exhaust shop straight pipes, not the Lethal ones)
I really like the FP Borla touring. I like your overall setup.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate it! Definitely not one of the loudest setups you can get, but has a good sound to it if you ask me. Will hopefully be able to get the drive bys today, really need to get a tripod or something though
Sponsored