Sponsored

Tuning an 18 GT Non PP manual. Worth it?

Ecupirate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang gt, 1987 ford mustang gt
But you prefer Ford takes the risk.....brilliant
If my tune causes an issue I dont expect ford to pay a dime. But if my mustang encounters an issue that thousands of other mustangs of the same caliber encountered, yes ford should pay.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Thousands of?
How will you know if the tune has culpability?

Ecupirate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang gt, 1987 ford mustang gt
Thousands of?
How will you know if the tune has culpability?
Wouldn't that be my arguement? Cars that are not tuned having the same issues as mine. *knock on wood*. Car has been tuned for 4 months and no issues, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
What issues?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
So many people associate warranty claims with catastrophic engine or driveline issues. There is more likelihood of simpler issues requiring warranty work....electrical, HVAC, body, suspension, etc. If you take your car in for a faulty power window, the dealer has no reason to waste time trying to determine if your car was tuned. That has nothing to do with the problem, anyway. My last 3 cars have been tuned. I have had the following warranty repairs among the 3: Caliper brackets/brake pads, power seat module, replace instrument cluster, reprogram Telecommunication Control Module. Another thing is that if a TSB has been issued for a repair, it is for a known issue and there is no reason for a tune investigation.

There is a big difference between a voided warranty and denying a repair due to modification. Of course, if you go to a dealer with a rod hanging out of the block, there is a possibility that some investigation of modifications that caused it is going to happen. As many others, I am willing to take that chance and be prepared to pay for repairs that MY modifications cause.

I think the term "void the warranty" is grossly overblown. The only car I haven't tuned yet is my current 2018 Mustang but it will get an E85 tune in the Spring.

Last edited:

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Would getting a tune for E85 be worth it on an otherwise stock GT?
Sponsored