Sponsored

BMR Suspension's New S550 Rear Upper SHOCK MOUNTS: SM760 - Design Finalized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Will these offer more clearance for wider wheels like the the Steeda's do?
Sponsored

DMassey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I will order up a set of these the day they are available. I just installed SP080 springs and a slew of other BMR parts on my 2018. I'm assuming with these mounts we won't have to trim our rear bump stops since it will be raised when it's mounted?

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Kelly needs to 100% confirm, but there will be the different rod end available for Koni STR.T and Steeda Fixed (M10x1.0), along with another design for Koni/Steeda adjustable and Magneride. That's in the works. By stating Ford and Viking, Kelly is stating that anything with a M10x1.5 thread and w/o an adjustment knob will be covered. This includes a lot of the other offerings on the market that use the stock mounts and mount nuts, including many of the popular coilover packages that aren't a true rear coilover (still separate spring).
I’m currently waiting on my 2019 Mustang GT PP w/ Magneride replacement for my 2017 lemon (shortblock replaced for ticking/scoring in three cylinders). ETA is early February. I was planning to install the SPH765 springs along with CB005 and FP knuckle to toe link bearing. Should I wait until BMR releases the shock mount design for Magneride and install them all at once then?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I’m currently waiting on my 2019 Mustang GT PP w/ Magneride replacement for my 2017 lemon (shortblock replaced for ticking/scoring in three cylinders). ETA is early February. I was planning to install the SPH765 springs along with CB005 and FP knuckle to toe link bearing. Should I wait until BMR releases the shock mount design for Magneride and install them all at once then?
The mounts are easy to do anytime after and do not alter alignment or anything of the sort. You could wait, but no reason to really.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Dumb question but I'll ask anyways...how secure is the horizontal nut at the top? Whats the chance of it becoming loose due to movement ?
still wanting to know this

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question but I'll ask anyways...how secure is the horizontal nut at the top? Whats the chance of it becoming loose due to movement ?
The torque will be such that the joint stretch will counteract loosening. If it's a nylock nut (as I believe it is), that will prevent loosening, also.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Subscribed...have Steeda's rear shock mounts on...however, I like this design since it includes a point of articulation for the rear shocks...however, I am unsure if I really need this as I am only lowered 1/2in in the back with BMR springs. And with just over 71k miles on the car now...really wondering if I should be putting more money into the car...it already handles incredibly well with the setup I have...thoughts @BMR Tech?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Subscribed...have Steeda's rear shock mounts on...however, I like this design since it includes a point of articulation for the rear shocks...however, I am unsure if I really need this as I am only lowered 1/2in in the back with BMR springs. And with just over 71k miles on the car now...really wondering if I should be putting more money into the car...it already handles incredibly well with the setup I have...thoughts @BMR Tech?
Getting the shock travel back and more is a good thing for mounting durability and ride. The stock car arguably doesn't have enough travel before hitting the stops, as it is on them regularly in normal ride events, not just big bumps.

NorthernMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Getting the shock travel back and more is a good thing for mounting durability and ride. The stock car arguably doesn't have enough travel before hitting the stops, as it is on them regularly in normal ride events, not just big bumps.
Agreed. I have Steeda rear mounts, Pro-Action Shocks & Struts, and BMR SP083 springs as part of my build, and feel that lack of overall shock travel is most lacking part about this setup by far. I found the Eibach bump stops work perfectly for the transition from travel to bottom, so I never have any harshness issues in the travel... just a lack of it when driving aggressively, and is what erodes my confidence the most when pushing it at any real speeds. It's made me contemplate the next level of aftermarket suspension on my next (4th) Mustang, or perhaps just go to something completely different, that's more purpose built with higher end OEM suspension :(

I was under the impression the travel on Steeda's Pro-Actions was less than stock. Does anyone know if this is accurate, and if yes, would swapping my setup over to these BMR mounts create any issues from the rear shock being "asked for" more travel than they were designed for? Thanks!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I have Steeda rear mounts, Pro-Action Shocks & Struts, and BMR SP083 springs as part of my build, and feel that lack of overall shock travel is most lacking part about this setup by far. I found the Eibach bump stops work perfectly for the transition from travel to bottom, so I never have any harshness issues in the travel... just a lack of it when driving aggressively, and is what erodes my confidence the most when pushing it at any real speeds. It's made me contemplate the next level of aftermarket suspension on my next (4th) Mustang, or perhaps just go to something completely different, that's more purpose built with higher end OEM suspension :(

I was under the impression the travel on Steeda's Pro-Actions was less than stock. Does anyone know if this is accurate, and if yes, would swapping my setup over to these BMR mounts create any issues from the rear shock being "asked for" more travel than they were designed for? Thanks!
Provided that you still have to compress the shock some at full suspension droop during installation, it should not create any issue. If the shock limits control arm travel with the raised height mount, that would not be good.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Hi there

Will this work with the Vogtland rear damper and spring? from their coilover kit?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if this design will be less clunky/noisy on bumps?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Any ETA on release for Magneride-equipped Mustangs?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.