How come there’s not more procharged mustangs

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
my buddy ran a 9.7s 1/4 mile with a Paxton centrifugal on pump (93) gas. You can definitely make power with a centrifugal supercharger.
I went 9.3 at 148 on my car with a paxton 2200SL on E85. I am selling the paxton and going turbo for more growth potential and I am curious how a turbo car feels. For 99% of the people out there the centri is a great option. I have two friends with whipples and one with a procharger. All four of us are well into the 9s. Any supercharger makes more torque than you can use on the street. I will say that the whipple looks great under the hood though.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
How come the F1-A would be considered over kill then if those numbers seem to be around turbo numbers? Does the procharger itself put more strain on the motor compared to a turbo setup for some reason? Bc those F1 numbers seem on par with most turbo setups I come across. I had also seen the PBD one. I didn’t realize that was an F1-A. I had actually messaged them on Facebook and told them my goals of low 9’s high 8’s and told them I was considering a whipple, procharger or Hellion setup at the time. They messaged back and said if those are my goals to go with the whipple or turbo setup. Seems like the F1-A procharger can match most turbo setups though, but is considered overkill for having a procharger. Just trying to learn here, thanks guys.
The F1-A can make serious power, but if you're not pushing 900+ it's not in it's efficiency zone since you have to spin it super slow to make the smaller power end and not blow up a stock motor. If you want high 8's low 9's reliably you're going to have to build the motor to handle it for any longevity.

And yes any supercharger takes horsepower to turn the blower which is why turbos pound for pound of boost can make more power. My little P1X if it was turned up to max prob takes somewhere around 50 hp to turn the blower. I have no idea on that exact number, just a guess.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
My P1-X is in the mail. At least I hope so right @beefcake ? :like:

Honestly, I want proven streetable power with plenty of tuning support and little to no daily compromise. Helical centri seemed like the best combo with A10.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i would disagree, we do more supercharging on these than anyone. our #1 seller is vortech and paxton, followed by whipple, then procharger. but there are many of all of them out there.
we are a top dealer for all 3 manufacturers.

it really comes down to driving style, how your using the car, etc...

as far as "down low", i've never gotten hung up on that, because when you go wot, even from a dead stop, your below 6000 rpms, for maybe 1 seconds.

feel free to give me a ring and we can discuss wants, needs, goals and help you make the right decision for what your doing
beef
513-478-1965

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Procharger here. Makes enough power to spin my 315's at will. Not sure how much power you want down low. I've never raced anyone where I didn't go wot? Even at low rpm when you go wot, the valve closes and I'm see 2-3 lbs of boost. I don't know, there is always a lot of opinions about how the power comes in, but they all seem to run similiar.

Also, people will tell you things without having experienced it themselves. Take for instance... my motor is 10:1 compression. the Internet will tell you, it will be "soft" or not as quick to rev etc, down on power. Drive my car. If I didn't tell you it had lower compression, there is no way in hell you would know.
have you had your car on the dyno? I am curious what it makes at the lower compression ratio. Did MMR recommend going 10:1?

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Times in my sig. Smallest v8 out there with the smallest blower out there. Doing work. E85 soon....

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
it seems that everyone’s choice is more turbo around here and everyone’s favorite supercharger is the whipple. I just notice I don’t see as many high horsepower procharged vehicles. What gives? Tuners don’t like them as much, need more capable head units? I personally am most likely going with an LPF kit on my 18. Mostly because install seems less complicated and because they’re local to me in Texas. This is my first post on here, but I’ve been lurking for months gathering info. I’m new to the platform and my last car and still have it is a 335i FBO with upgraded turbos and E85. Everyone seems pretty cool around here. Anyway, before I make my final decision I thought id ask that question. I know there’s plenty, but definitely not as common.
If you plan on going LPF I would highly suggest them and let Justin know I (Russell) referred you to him.

I've had his twin kit on my 18 for over a month now, also with his fuel system and his tuning. The car is insane to drive.

The problem with any blower is that you're usually maxing it out before the motor, or you're not in its efficiency zone like the F1-A.
With turbo's like mine the spool up almost instantly and are rated for 1500hp.
Also look at the graphs of centrifugal blowers vs Turbos. Turbos you will have a very flat curve that hits hard vs Centri's will start low and continue to rise as the RPMS get higher. When it comes to racing you want an average of more power. Turbo's do just that. I can make 800 at 5k rpms and hold it there till 8400 vs getting a centri and at 5k be roughly 550 and work its way up to 850whp at 8000rpms. But holding 800 for that length of time will always be faster.

Just my .02. Could be wrong but who knows. Still learning over here. Just what i've gathered in the last few months

OP
OP

6ixStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 PP1
If you plan on going LPF I would highly suggest them and let Justin know I (Russell) referred you to him.

I've had his twin kit on my 18 for over a month now, also with his fuel system and his tuning. The car is insane to drive.

The problem with any blower is that you're usually maxing it out before the motor, or you're not in its efficiency zone like the F1-A.
With turbo's like mine the spool up almost instantly and are rated for 1500hp.
Also look at the graphs of centrifugal blowers vs Turbos. Turbos you will have a very flat curve that hits hard vs Centri's will start low and continue to rise as the RPMS get higher. When it comes to racing you want an average of more power. Turbo's do just that. I can make 800 at 5k rpms and hold it there till 8400 vs getting a centri and at 5k be roughly 550 and work its way up to 850whp at 8000rpms. But holding 800 for that length of time will always be faster.

Just my .02. Could be wrong but who knows. Still learning over here. Just what i've gathered in the last few months
I’ve actually been trying to get in touch with Justin the last couple of weeks. I finally just asked him to reach out to me when he’s free. I’m sure he’s a busy man. I did initially talk to him about doing a time first and then ordering the kit later this month. I was ready to order last week and bugged him a few days in a row without a response. I called a few times as well. I’ll try again next week maybe. I was trying to be ready for TX2K. Also, what did you dyno at and are you a10?
If you happen to talk to him ask him to reply to Lance Gomez. I was hoping he wasn’t thinking I’m related to a competitor after he saw my name, lol. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I’m pretty sure I’m going turbo route assuming I can get in touch, lol. I really liked the ease of a procharger though so I wanted some last minute feedback. Also, while we’re here I found some good deals on a set of ID 1050x injectors and a Sai Li fuel fuel return system. Does Justin play well with the Sai Li duel fuel system and do I need bigger than 1050 injectors? One other LPF guy recommend I go with 1300’s.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Just got off the rollers,and 3 year old d1 and made 765 whp and 610 tq.Car has been mid 9's at 143 mph.And only using 4.75 pulley,blowers has alot more in it,im just not going to push the stock motor much more.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@Tommy V Nice torque for a centri, is it wastegated?

Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
it seems that everyone’s choice is more turbo around here and everyone’s favorite supercharger is the whipple. I just notice I don’t see as many high horsepower procharged vehicles. What gives? Tuners don’t like them as much, need more capable head units? I personally am most likely going with an LPF kit on my 18. Mostly because install seems less complicated and because they’re local to me in Texas. This is my first post on here, but I’ve been lurking for months gathering info. I’m new to the platform and my last car and still have it is a 335i FBO with upgraded turbos and E85. Everyone seems pretty cool around here. Anyway, before I make my final decision I thought id ask that question. I know there’s plenty, but definitely not as common.
I wish Terry from BMS would offer a JB4 TT Kit and support this community! I miss my TT BMW and the simplicity of the tuning.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Maybe those who say procharger has no low end torque should learn how to shift a manual?
I drive a turbo car daily and it too will be weak below 3000rpm.
Nah, turbo is the way to go. More TQ, More HP, easier on motor, simple install.
Any car you shouldn't be getting into boost below 3000rpms anyways

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Nah, turbo is the way to go. More TQ, More HP, easier on motor, simple install.
Any car you shouldn't be getting into boost below 3000rpms anyways
I am not sure about easy to install part. All the piping for turbo is a lot of work.
Sponsored