How come there’s not more procharged mustangs

6ixStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 PP1
it seems that everyone’s choice is more turbo around here and everyone’s favorite supercharger is the whipple. I just notice I don’t see as many high horsepower procharged vehicles. What gives? Tuners don’t like them as much, need more capable head units? I personally am most likely going with an LPF kit on my 18. Mostly because install seems less complicated and because they’re local to me in Texas. This is my first post on here, but I’ve been lurking for months gathering info. I’m new to the platform and my last car and still have it is a 335i FBO with upgraded turbos and E85. Everyone seems pretty cool around here. Anyway, before I make my final decision I thought id ask that question. I know there’s plenty, but definitely not as common.
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Most people don't like the fact that they don't make power down low. With a PD supercharger or twins, the low and mid-range power is there.

Last edited:

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Procharger here. Makes enough power to spin my 315's at will. Not sure how much power you want down low. I've never raced anyone where I didn't go wot? Even at low rpm when you go wot, the valve closes and I'm see 2-3 lbs of boost. I don't know, there is always a lot of opinions about how the power comes in, but they all seem to run similiar.

Also, people will tell you things without having experienced it themselves. Take for instance... my motor is 10:1 compression. the Internet will tell you, it will be "soft" or not as quick to rev etc, down on power. Drive my car. If I didn't tell you it had lower compression, there is no way in hell you would know.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Nobody said you can't go fast on a centrifugal supercharger. For street use, some people like the instant torque of a positive displacement supercharger or turbos. Also, it is much easier to turn the boost up or down with a turbo and you also avoid belt issues that sometimes plague superchargers.
I will say that I see a lot of people selling their superchargers to go turbo. I hardly ever see people go from turbos to superchargers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

6ixStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 PP1
I’d really like to see some more results with the F1. I see a lot of the P1 and P1X. Is the f line over kill or why don’t we see as much?

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
google palm beach dyno 2018 A10 f1 procharger.

it went low9s at like 159mph 1st time at the track.

or troll pbd facebook

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You don’t see much F1 because it’s way overkill unless you have a built motor/trans. P1X here. And the whole no down low power is complete moron babble. Of course I have a circle d 4c so hit the throttle and it’s already to 4,000 making some serious tire spinning steam through 3 gears. Turbos can make more power, but expensive, complex install, and a pain in the ass for consistency if you do any real drag racing.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Justin Wilson made 912 whp with F1-a on 18 a10. That is turbo power. He is not active poster.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Whipple's marketing game is why they're outselling everyone else, and the latest Gen of 2.9 superchargers are badass. Prochargers are pretty popular though, I see a good amount of them in the FB groups. the P1X and D1x head units are no joke

Sponsored
OP
OP

6ixStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 PP1
You don’t see much F1 because it’s way overkill unless you have a built motor/trans. P1X here. And the whole no down low power is complete moron babble. Of course I have a circle d 4c so hit the throttle and it’s already to 4,000 making some serious tire spinning steam through 3 gears. Turbos can make more power, but expensive, complex install, and a pain in the ass for consistency if you do any real drag racing.
google palm beach dyno 2018 A10 f1 procharger.

it went low9s at like 159mph 1st time at the track.

or troll pbd facebook
How come the F1-A would be considered over kill then if those numbers seem to be around turbo numbers? Does the procharger itself put more strain on the motor compared to a turbo setup for some reason? Bc those F1 numbers seem on par with most turbo setups I come across. I had also seen the PBD one. I didn’t realize that was an F1-A. I had actually messaged them on Facebook and told them my goals of low 9’s high 8’s and told them I was considering a whipple, procharger or Hellion setup at the time. They messaged back and said if those are my goals to go with the whipple or turbo setup. Seems like the F1-A procharger can match most turbo setups though, but is considered overkill for having a procharger. Just trying to learn here, thanks guys.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Lot of procharged guys on here. A couple of P1SC-1 cars in here running high 9's. I am at 780 wheel on a P1 (not X) on E85.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I just dont post here much anymore. Mess around with and drive my RS3 way more than the 5.0 (and its winter). PD or Centri blower makes no difference on the street at 700 plus whp. Traction is a problem unless the roads are exposed to 80 deg temps and drag radials (one of the reasons the RS3 is a wicked DD). I have a Whipple Cobra and a PC 5.0, both are great and PC makes awesome power.

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
I just finished installing a D1 Stage 2 PC kit. Should have it running today after work just got the base tune from Lund. I went PC because of ease of install and great reviews on how it drives like stock until you put your foot in it. Not to mention I love the way the IC and Big Red valve look on the front end of the S550s.

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
my buddy ran a 9.7s 1/4 mile with a Paxton centrifugal on pump (93) gas. You can definitely make power with a centrifugal supercharger.
Sponsored