Sponsored

How much power did your MT-82 handle successfully?

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
832rwhp here. Stock Mt82 with a Mcleod RST clutch. Been powershifting it for over 18 months with this setup, probably 200 1/4 miles passes. Best run was a couple weeks ago 9.96@148 but I have run 100+ passes in the low low 10s with it. Guess Ive been lucky so far. I plan to do a Magnum when it blows though.
Congrats man! love seeing positive results like this. I'm at 802WHP and MT82 trans. Winter here in Canada so the car is put away until the spring. Have't had a chance to run it yet at this power level. What RPM is working best for your launch? and the RST is holding up well? I'm kinda caught between that and the Mantic.
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine handle 750 for a year and 850 for a while, after I put the spec clutch in it is when it failed

cobra99dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Congrats man! love seeing positive results like this. I'm at 802WHP and MT82 trans. Winter here in Canada so the car is put away until the spring. Have't had a chance to run it yet at this power level. What RPM is working best for your launch? and the RST is holding up well? I'm kinda caught between that and the Mantic.
Yeah im done racing for the year here as well. The RST is holding up well. I leave at around 3500 and slip the clutch pretty hard so we'll see how long it lasts. I've heard good things about the Mantic but I haven't had any experience with it myself. Whatever you do don't get an RXT too many people breaking MT82s with that clutch. That being said I have an RXT in my Terminator and love it, just wouldn't use it with the MT82.

AlexZafo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had just over 700 on mine with a Paxton setup. Burned the stock clutch up, Replaced the clutch to a Ram twin disc and hated the stock shifter (kept hitting between first and third) so I put a Barton hybrid 3 in it. Other than that it was stock. I bought a forged 2nd gear and some bronze internals. But never had to put them in. Launched on slicks and axles and took 7800 rpm shifts all day, Never had any real problems with the MT-82

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Haven't dyno'd it but based on boost, load and the tuner's feedback looking at my logs he reckons i'm probably about 600-650 range here with a Procharger P1 stage 2 kit and 2018 manifold. Beat my MGW'd MT-82 and had no issues at all except my flywheel falling apart (though my stock clutch even looked pretty good) at about 2000 miles. Upgraded the clutch and not really had an issue since.

Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Yeah im done racing for the year here as well. The RST is holding up well. I leave at around 3500 and slip the clutch pretty hard so we'll see how long it lasts. I've heard good things about the Mantic but I haven't had any experience with it myself. Whatever you do don't get an RXT too many people breaking MT82s with that clutch. That being said I have an RXT in my Terminator and love it, just wouldn't use it with the MT82.
Awesome. And how do you find the RST on the street? Any chatter or very harsh engagement? I really would rather try this clutch because I don't really have the funds for the Mantc..lol..I could have my axles and the RST for the price of the Mantic :)

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Again appreciate the feedback everyone! I'm gonna start doing some looking around. I had an eye on a Comp Orange with a 2300TVS on it that wold be a good candidate, but just don't know if I am into the Comp Orange color or not. I loved it on the 04 Cobra SVT. just not sure if it suits the S550 lines as well. Would love to come across a Ruby red premium with just a simple tvs setup added and an axleback muffler mod. Leaves room to tweak it up, and give it my look.

Sure will miss the auto in those heavy traffic situations though. LOL!

cobra99dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Awesome. And how do you find the RST on the street? Any chatter or very harsh engagement? I really would rather try this clutch because I don't really have the funds for the Mantc..lol..I could have my axles and the RST for the price of the Mantic :)
I like the RST alot. Feels stock actually. I will say it had a good deal of chatter for the first 6-700 miles til it broke in. Now you cant tell the difference from stock. My friend had the same experience with the RST, chattery at first until broken in, then smooth as butter.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I like the RST alot. Feels stock actually. I will say it had a good deal of chatter for the first 6-700 miles til it broke in. Now you cant tell the difference from stock. My friend had the same experience with the RST, chattery at first until broken in, then smooth as butter.
Very good to hear. You just helped me with my decision!:thumbsup:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
My OEM MT82 lasted 6 months on 150 shot, 12 months of heavy road racing, and about 6 months of 900whp powershifting and street racing, half of that on the stock clutch still. I added an exedy ET04XD and it was beast mode on the ET Street R Bias Ply.

It finally completely sheared 4th gear at the Spring Streetcar Takeover this year, made 2.5 passes, lol.

Now I have Ben's Stage 3 and it's the bees knees.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Paxton 2200, 700whp/501wtrq, Exedy mach 500 stg3 clutch with groove pressure plate

Never had issues, hit every gear perfectly

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Mid-700s on a VMP tuned TVS, Barton Hybrid 3, RST clutch, one-piece CF driveshaft, FR axles, and NT05Rs. No runs on the track, but plenty of hard pulls and launches elsewhere. Knock on wood, haven't grenaded the trans yet.

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
2015 gt 15k boosted since (3k)

Paxton 11lbs
E85 sai lo fuel system
3.31 gears (3k)
McLeod RXT twin disk (3k miles)
Flywheel
18 manifold with delete(3k)
Off- Road xpipe
Barton shifter
28” Mickey Thompson tire.

780 whp engine is good transmission broke 4th gear.
Ben Calimer is building a stage 3 builet internal one should be good after that .

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
2015 gt 15k boosted since (3k)

Paxton 11lbs
E85 sai lo fuel system
3.31 gears (3k)
McLeod RXT twin disk (3k miles)
Flywheel
18 manifold with delete(3k)
Off- Road xpipe
Barton shifter
28” Mickey Thompson tire.

780 whp engine is good transmission broke 4th gear.
Ben Calimer is building a stage 3 builet internal one should be good after that .
Hey Edyuly

Did you swap over to the 3.31 from the 3.73? If so, was it worth it. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now.

Thanks