Sponsored

[UPDATED] First 2020 Shelby GT500 Sold For $1.1MM at Barrett-Jackson

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Know whats a reasonable ADM to pay people??

ZERO, Notta, Nothing!!

Crooked dealers thats what it amounts to.

Ive long thought dealers charging ADM should have their allocations revoked.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
MSRP
manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.
Nobody likes ADMs. However if a car is that good, more people want it. Supply and demand means the price goes up. Similarly to the housing market in some areas, asking price is asked and bidding wars ensue.

So what happens when a car isn't so sought after (like some Chevys)? They sell well below MSRP.

Sorry, couldn't help it, back to the subject at hand (whatever that was) before the train fell off the tracks.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
To be fair, I’m confident a GT3RS will beat a GT500 in every metric as long as the 500 is on stock rubber not a drag slick.

A stock RS can do 11.0@129! That’s insane.

If the 500 can do 129 in the quarter, that’s blistering. Hopefully it can.
It would be sad if the GT500 was that slow. My Stock 18 GT runs high 11's bone stock. The 13-14 GT500 ran low 11's stock. If the new GT500 can't run 10's stock it won't sell!

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
MSRP
Nobody likes ADMs. However if a car is that good, more people want it. Supply and demand means the price goes up. Similarly to the housing market in some areas, asking price is asked and bidding wars ensue.

So what happens when a car isn't so sought after (like some Chevys)? They sell well below MSRP.

Sorry, couldn't help it, back to the subject at hand (whatever that was) before the train fell off the tracks.
Yep if you want to be an early adopter of the latest and greatest, ADM is the price you pay. If people are unwilling to do so, then don't buy it. No one is forcing anyone...

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
It would be sad if the GT500 was that slow. My Stock 18 GT runs high 11's bone stock. The 13-14 GT500 ran low 11's stock. If the new GT500 can't run 10's stock it won't sell!
I’m only using published testing data from the auto mags.

The 2013 GT500 was not low 11s, not that I’ve seen.

Motor trend said 11.6,

Road and track quotes Ford’s numbers of 11.7, and for some reason I could only find 0-60 from C&D at 3.5.

Long story short is we can’t use hero passes from the general public as benchmarks, we need published data on street surfaces, not prepped tracks.

So, like i said, besting 11.0@129 is going to be a major major milestone for Ford.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I’m only using published testing data from the auto mags.

The 2013 GT500 was not low 11s, not that I’ve seen.

Motor trend said 11.6,

Road and track quotes Ford’s numbers of 11.7, and for some reason I could only find 0-60 from C&D at 3.5.

Long story short is we can’t use hero passes from the general public as benchmarks, we need published data on street surfaces, not prepped tracks.

So, like i said, besting 11.0@129 is going to be a major major milestone for Ford.
A major milestone for Ford, but so easy to do even with a few bolt ons on the new GT's. I think the 2020 GT500 will be much quicker than you think. And you are right, the bulk of the 13-14 GT500 owners have run mid 11's at best, with only 10 running quicker that my stock 18 did at SVT Performance dot com. And my times are with me at 340#, so they could've been better.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
MSRP

Very true.

Reactions: _M_

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Housing isn't really a fair comparison as much as you may rationalize it.

F150's are in high demand and Ford is happy to produce the volume that meets or exceeds and with a healthy margin on each to boot. In the case of the GT350, Ford artificially restricts output to rather small numbers and as a result of the somewhat limited availability and resultant high pricing, one might argue that the demand curve actually hits a downward slope or normalizes somewhat. Some of the "demand" is bled off as people look elsewhere when pricing exceeds expectations. The tacked on pricing peaks early on and I believe the GT500 will be no different in this regard. With greater production numbers (than Ford has planned) this silliness would come to an end. Except in California of course.:)

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
The tacked on pricing peaks early on and I believe the GT500 will be no different in this regard. With greater production numbers (than Ford has planned) this silliness would come to an end. Except in California of course.:)
Because of the limited production of the GT350 & GT500 it makes the cars worth more later on.

I sort of wish Ford would not let dealers sell cars over MSRP, but then people would just buy them at sticker and resell them for a bunch more. I think the only way to fix it would be to stop the limited production which is not going to happen.

Long story short, I will probably be waiting for a 2021 GT500 at MSRP or less.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Because of the limited production of the GT350 & GT500 it makes the cars worth more later on.

I sort of wish Ford would not let dealers sell cars over MSRP, but then people would just buy them at sticker and resell them for a bunch more. I think the only way to fix it would be to stop the limited production which is not going to happen.

Long story short, I will probably be waiting for a 2021 GT500 at MSRP or less.
Only Ford limits production.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
That is what I am saying. Ford limits production of their special cars like the GT350 & GT500.
Ford would make much more, and the dealers less if Ford would build to demand. Like Dodge with the Hellcats. No wonder Challenger is outselling Mustang lately.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Only Ford limits production.
Many car companies limit production of "special" models. BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari, Ford just to name a few. Some others don't - Chevy is the best example I can think of. Dodge has limited production of their top dog performance car as well.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Many car companies limit production of "special" models. BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari, Ford just to name a few. Some others don't - Chevy is the best example I can think of. Dodge has limited production of their top dog performance car as well.
Very true.

However, Dodge does not have a limited production car now. The Demon was a limited production car but the Hellcat Redeye is not.