Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Chad McQueen Unveils Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang at LA Auto Show

Close collaboration between Chad McQueen, McQueen Racing, Steeda and Galpin Auto Sports created a car special enough to be approved by the legendary star’s son. Building on an excellent platform, adding amazing performance combined with precision handling, and wrapped in a menacing, yet, understated package.

Steeda McQueen 11.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA – At Automobility LA on November 29, Chad McQueen and the team at McQueen Racing announced the start of production of the official Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang by Steeda. Built with a limited production run of only 300 units per model year and available from Ford Dealers worldwide, this ultra-high performance edition Bullitt Mustang has been purposely re-engineered to deliver supreme performance, improved driving dynamics, and offers increased exclusivity for the iconic Bullitt Mustang produced by Ford Motor Company.

The dedicated engineering and performance teams have spent considerable development time to create the most quintessential McQueen Mustang possible – The Steve McQueen Edition. The design spec was classic McQueen - take an already excellent car and enhance power throughout the powerband, while improving the handling capabilities suitable for both track and on-road, all whilegiving the design an even more classic restrained but undeniably cool stance.

“Ford’s Mustang has always been a big part of my dad’s legend. I wanted to kick the already strong performance up several notches without losing that essential style that makes this car so desirable. Less is more,” commented Chad McQueen, professional racer & Steve McQueen’s only son. “This special edition reflects the lessons my dad ingrained in me about what made his personal cars so desirable.”

Key attributes of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustanginclude:

- Available Powertrains - Naturally Aspirated 500hp or Supercharged 775hp (estimated)

- Only available in Dark Highland Green

- Exclusive McQueen Racing Performance Powertrain, Suspension and Handling Parts Engineered, Tested, and Developed in Collaboration with McQueen Racing and Steeda Autosports

- Exclusive Steve McQueen Edition 20” Aluminum Wheels 20”x10” (Front) and 20”x11” (Rear)

- Nitto NT555 G2 Ultra High Performance Tires – 275/35ZR20 (Front) and 315/35ZR20 (Rear)

- Available Four-Point Roll Bar with Rear Seat Delete Kit and 6-point Safety Restraints

- A Purchasers Package that includes a Letter of Authenticity, Signed Steve McQueen Edition Commemorative Print by Camilo Pardo, and Other Highly Desirable Collectible Items

- Commemorative Steve McQueen Edition Rear License Plate Numbered JJZ109 – a Nod to the Original Movie Car

SME Brochure-1.jpg

SME Brochure-2.jpg

Steeda McQueen 1.jpg
Steeda McQueen 2.jpg
Steeda McQueen 3.jpg
Steeda mcQueen 4.jpg
Steeda mcQueen 5.jpg
Steeda McQueen 6.jpg
Steeda McQueen 7.jpg
Steeda mcQueen 8.jpg
Steeda McQueen 9.jpg
Steeda McQueen 10.jpg
Steeda McQueen 11.jpg
Steeda McQueen 12.jpg
Steeda McQueen 13.jpg
Steeda McQueen 14.jpg
Steeda McQueen 15.jpg
Steeda McQueen 16.jpg
Steeda McQueen 17.jpg
Steeda mcQueen 18.jpg
Steeda McQueen 19.jpg
Steeda McQueen 20.jpg
Steeda McQueen 21.jpg
Steeda McQueen 22.jpg
Steeda McQueen 23.jpg
Steeda McQueen 24.jpg
Steeda McQueen 25.jpg
Steeda McQueen 26.jpg
Steeda McQueen 27.jpg
Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
How are they getting 500 HP on the N/A engine? Is it a built engine with higher compression or engine size?

Sponsored

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Those pictures were taken at the LA AutoShow and there was at least 1 if not 2 of these models in the GAS display. I saw them but, the hoods were not open so no telling what has been done to the engine.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
How are they getting 500 HP on the N/A engine? Is it a built engine with higher compression or engine size?
The Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 is underrated at 460 hp. A cold air intake and tune will get them to about 500 hp at the crank. I'd imagine they did something similar.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Whomever makes those wheels better ramp up production. I want those wheels for all my Mustangs.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure this thing isn’t happening
It’s in full swing, the wheels are set to be delivered by the end of the year - we have units ready to go!

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The regular engine in the Bullitt is already 480. I feel like since they ONLY mention a tune that its BARELY hitting 500. Lund has previously said there isn't much to get out of the Gen 3 5.0 with 93 oct. Unless the BULLITT is under rated. Have we seen dynos yet?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ford does a good job with restraint...most anything after-the-fact, is tacky.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
It’s in full swing, the wheels are set to be delivered by the end of the year - we have units ready to go!
1) Where the heck can we get those wheels in a 20 inch and how muh? When I looked for wheels for mine, i seem to recall the bullets only showing up in 18 and 19 inch sizes??

The regular engine in the Bullitt is already 480. I feel like since they ONLY mention a tune that its BARELY hitting 500. Lund has previously said there isn't much to get out of the Gen 3 5.0 with 93 oct. Unless the BULLITT is under rated. Have we seen dynos yet?
2) if anyone owns a bullet and wants to correct me.....the nearest I have seen is the one in the dealership, which I had to twist a guys arm to open the hood..... It had a CAI that looks similar to whats on the GT350 and I think maybe a unique throttle body. It basically reminds me of the ford power pack they sell for the 15 to 17.

I have looked high and low for the newer version that is sold for the 18s and 19s and CANNOT find them.

Anyone???? Help. Want. ..

They do not sell them currently but I assume will eventually sell a revised ford power pack with this intake throttle body and tune that will make the same 480hp and look like the bullet setup....the same as the way they currently sell one for the 15 to 17s??

One other thing (on a standard bullet) is no heat shield, but it looks like a standard 18 manifold...can't be sure though. Could be a ported version or something. Porting is good for 5hp and that intake and throttle body along with a ford performance tune is good for 20hp....tyar gets you to 485hp in theory. So if you ditch a "safe" oem tune for a more aggressive 93 only I assume 500hp may just barely be within reach. If you switch to the CJ manifold you can grab another 5hp and close the gab needed to make the difference in a 93 tune to only 10hp.. If there is under rating going on with Gen 3s and ford hand picks which examples are sent to certified tuners like this you could make up the diff with "fuzzy math" and a few certified dyno runs .

Last edited:

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
SM Bullitt is advertising:
limited production run that features a Bullitt Mustang with naturally aspirated 500HP or supercharged 775HP powertrain options, exclusive McQueen Racing performance powertrain, suspension and handling parts developed in collaboration with McQueen Racing and Steeda Autosports.
I'm thinking that the supercharger will replace the TB from the Shelby 350 that's installed on our Bullitt's.